Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Timesplitters 2 runners seem very chill as far as I've been able to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

flatluigi posted:

- a lot of the speedrun and speedrun fan community is still full of the same lovely people that are in game fandoms as a whole and are invested in keeping as many people like them around
I think speedrunning and by and large any other hobby gets treated like an escapism from the worlds troubles, which can be fine, but becomes an issue when that hobby involves other people - because people tend to be the problem with most things.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Studio posted:

Are Perfect Dark runners also Nazis, or like, just general Fascists? Is it like a gradiating thing where the farther a game is from Goldeneye the less Nazi the runners are.
it's actually just a stark dropoff

all the Goldeneye runners are hosed up
no other game has nearly as many chuds

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
It's been a long time since I was subbed to it but wasn't the reddit speedrunning community pretty good about getting shitheads out of the game or at least on blast?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

cage-free egghead posted:

It's been a long time since I was subbed to it but wasn't the reddit speedrunning community pretty good about getting shitheads out of the game or at least on blast?

absolutely not, unless you mean just a single specific subreddit

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Theres an EZscape video on Apollo Legend that goes into that poo poo Goose defense video he did and tears it to pieces. Goose is emphatically a nazi and he posted bad stuff on his discord, apollo should not have associated with or defended Goose. EZscape then transitions into talking about his good friend Karl without batting an eyelid.

Thats not a blind spot for your friend thats just willful ignorance.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is the speed running community worse than the Smash community?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The speedrunning community is many communities put together and they're not all bad.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

Theres an EZscape video on Apollo Legend that goes into that poo poo Goose defense video he did and tears it to pieces. Goose is emphatically a nazi and he posted bad stuff on his discord, apollo should not have associated with or defended Goose. EZscape then transitions into talking about his good friend Karl without batting an eyelid.

Thats not a blind spot for your friend thats just willful ignorance.

No kidding. It's genuinely ironic because he's the ApolloLegend of Karl Jobst.

Rubellavator posted:

The speedrunning community is many communities put together and they're not all bad.

It's this.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Speedrun goons are a good speedrun community. One of the few as far as I can tell.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
almost all speed communities are cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

heehee posted:

almost all speed communities are cool

You know my thoughts on your glover friends

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
make glove not war

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
The glover community is highly respected and will not be sullied by rampant trolls

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Passing this along, GrandPooBear (Mario runner) might be more true to his name
https://twitter.com/thedragonfeeney/status/1361784347016183809

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

I feel like I just wasted 3 minutes of my life to read about someone being mildly passive aggressive and how it's an irredeemable sin.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
p. much yeah

e: dropping the real bomb right at the end, yikes

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 16, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I really can’t remember if I know who that dude is. Has he has any good GDQ runs because that’s all I’d know about him.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

He's basically a staple of the Mario block, especially kaizo hacks and Mario Maker runs.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If you’re into the Mario world romhack scene, grand poo world is named after him, but not made by him.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Baron Snow posted:

He's basically a staple of the Mario block, especially kaizo hacks and Mario Maker runs.
You might have also heard the name in reference to him accidentally knocking over a console during a race.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Full Circle posted:

I feel like I just wasted 3 minutes of my life to read about someone being mildly passive aggressive and how it's an irredeemable sin.
You could also get to the end where Feen says he groped her and has propositioned her + others for a threesome.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

??? This just reads like an extremely adult way to deal with someone kind of being a jerk.

e: oh there we go at the very end he does something actually lovely

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did cheese face any consequences for being a shithead?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

iPodschun posted:

You could also get to the end where Feen says he groped her and has propositioned her + others for a threesome.

I don't entirely blame them for overlooking this because that gets thrown it at the end as almost a footnote which I find really bizarre because surely that's the most alarming thing in that whole story.

anyway another mediocre mario man turning out to actually be less than mediocre, colour me fuckin shocked.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I don't entirely blame them for overlooking this because that gets thrown it at the end as almost a footnote which I find really bizarre because surely that's the most alarming thing in that whole story.

anyway another mediocre mario man turning out to actually be less than mediocre, colour me fuckin shocked.

he's actually the biggest mario man p. much, at least sponsorship wise (RedBull, his own speedrunning live event tour across the states, etc.). gonna be interesting to see how that one turns out.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I had to re-read the posts again to see that part because 95% of the issues seemed to be adults with poor communication skills about playing video games. Then tacked in at the end is a very quick "he made a pass at me and grabbed my breast one time when drunk." which is just whiplash.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Huh, apparently last month StivityBobo wrote up something about his rape accusation which Deb detailed back in July. Why did it take him 6 months?

Edit: lmao I just read it I ain’t gonna link the poo poo but it’s pathetic

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 17, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Huh, apparently last month StivityBobo wrote up something about his rape accusation which Deb detailed back in July. Why did it take him 6 months?

Edit: lmao I just read it I ain’t gonna link the poo poo but it’s pathetic

i watch a lot of kerbal space program on twitch so i see giantwaffle listed in that category a lot and he doesn't seem to have lost a single viewer after that poo poo. it's infuriating.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

GPB's wife tweeted this: https://twitter.com/justGwildnfree/status/1361816004578304000

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

I mean, he's obviously been making comments in Discord chats (the stuff around people being "his wife's type") that make people uncomfortable, so I'm not gonna necessarily jump to believing it didn't happen off the back of this tweet rather than, y'know, her having missed it.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

mfcrocker posted:

I mean, he's obviously been making comments in Discord chats (the stuff around people being "his wife's type") that make people uncomfortable, so I'm not gonna necessarily jump to believing it didn't happen off the back of this tweet rather than, y'know, her having missed it.

Sexual harassment and sexual assault are two very different things. Accountability for both, but unwanted attention/come-ons are harassment not assault. The tweet addresses the latter. Doesn't make the first okay.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

trashy owl posted:

Sexual harassment and sexual assault are two very different things. Accountability for both, but unwanted attention/come-ons are harassment not assault. The tweet addresses the latter. Doesn't make the first okay.

Sure, but I'm definitely gonna lend a bit more credence to the accusations of the latter if there's possible evidence of the former

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Wow, yeah, count me as one of the people who missed the groping in among the twelve separate screencaps of mild social dickishness. I think feen is relatively large as far as Mario streamers go, so I’d hope that if corroborating accounts of similar behaviour are out there then this gives them the courage to come forward.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
After that goldeneye runner discussion I think the thread needs to be renamed "I just wanna go fash"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Suspicious posted:

After that goldeneye runner discussion I think the thread needs to be renamed "I just wanna go fash"

lol

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Lol, account deleted

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Baron Snow posted:

Lol, account deleted

Yeah, she started getting harassed so this happened https://twitter.com/GrandPOOBear/status/1361865301881577473

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/XQEWSME/status/1362429766658367490

Very glad that wqqqqwrt doesn't have this record anymore :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

pumpinglemma posted:

Wow, yeah, count me as one of the people who missed the groping in among the twelve separate screencaps of mild social dickishness. I think feen is relatively large as far as Mario streamers go, so I’d hope that if corroborating accounts of similar behaviour are out there then this gives them the courage to come forward.

Yeah, I had to reread like four times, since most of the rest just describes a pretty pedestrian account of learning that a big ol' bro is kind of a dick, which I won't deny is a real lovely experience, but isn't, you know, particularly out there (doesn't make any of what she describes gaslighting, but i feel like its days of meaning anything other than 'lying' are behind us). The actual wrongdoing lede here is super buried.