Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ocarina of Time will forever be the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I haven’t followed Ocarina of Time speedrunning for almost a year now and looking in holy poo poo it’s just gotten out of control. You need multiple PHDs to understand how the game works at this point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I feel like if ZFG got in touch with an Editor he could write a 500 page book on OoT speedrunning.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Speaking of GDQ I really hope they’ve been preparing for a virtual SGDQ this year because that new date of theirs is still not gonna work. And yes I know they hold occasional weekend marathons where everyone is at home but for a full scale GDQ I assume they’ll need to lay a lot more ground work.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The sucky thing is that there’s no way they raise as much money for an all online event as an in person event. It just won’t have the same buzz. Also people are broke so that doesn’t help.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Skyward Sword went from being a 5 hour run to this in under 2 years.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m not sure if this is allowed discussion but it’s gone down in GDQ lore.

Deborah (Tolki) from the infamous cuckholding incident at SGDQ2014 by StivityBobo finally told her story and whoah boy it ain’t good.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srahg8

Yeah it wasn’t “haha that guy got cuckholded” it was literal rape.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 9, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ZFG could teach OoT at Harvard.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wow, I just found out that Cheese got the 120 star WR again. That’s after taking like 8 months off from the game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The speedrunning community has been good at spotting cheaters since runs were submitted via VHS recording being physically mailed around. How the gently caress does anyone expect to get away with stuff nowadays?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well TIL that Karl Jobst and that Goose guy are both shitheads. They made awesome videos on speedrunning that I’ve been following for a while. Dang.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is the speed running community worse than the Smash community?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I really can’t remember if I know who that dude is. Has he has any good GDQ runs because that’s all I’d know about him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Huh, apparently last month StivityBobo wrote up something about his rape accusation which Deb detailed back in July. Why did it take him 6 months?

Edit: lmao I just read it I ain’t gonna link the poo poo but it’s pathetic

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 17, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s literally a matter of time in OoT before they figure out how to warp to the credits by leaving Link’s tree house.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I completely lost interest in OoT speed running when they figured out how to do this poo poo with messing with the game’s code. It’s not a coincidence that OoT has slowly plummeted from its heights as a speed game in 2012 as more and more complicated game breaking tricks have been discovered that basically require you to have an encyclopedic knowledge of how the game works.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

When are speedrunners gonna start being unable to find N64 controllers?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Doom Mathematic posted:

I'm psyched for another two months of rerouting the 100% run.

ZFG lives for this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ZFG is especially great because he’s essentially changed nothing about how he streams since 2012 aside from doing things like putting in a WR comparison video on the screen. But he’s done none of all the unbelievably obnoxious and annoying habits that big streamers have adopted over the years to pump their brand or beg for money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I gotta hope that the next ADGQ is the triumphant return of it being in person.