Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm confused. Couldn't GDQ have gone to, you know, Discord?
We all know they log everything, both because they want to cover their own rear end but also because what else are they gonna sell once the VC funding runs out, and they have to offload the company to Amazon or whoever to try and make money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ah, GDQ did try. Fair enough, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Consider it verified LOL

It would create weird privacy concerns if anyone was able to verify the content of anything beyond 'you should really look into this'. Plus how do you ensure that the user is in fact ryan j goose? Im glad its this way because if it wasnt you could expect a dozen 'alt accounts of gdq staff' to appear saying the worst possible stuff. Discord should be trusted as much as irc at this point.
Yeah, you're right.
I guess my hatred of Discord just got the better of me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Please be careful when touching the poop, eonwe. :ohdear:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zore posted:

The amount of people ITT who don't seem to understand how easy it is to fake screenshots of stuff on the internet is concerning as gently caress. Getting more evidence was the right call unless you want Goose and his cohort to get every LGBTQ runner banned by making a private discord channel using their screen names and writing awful poo poo then providing the single screenshot as 'proof'. Because that's absolutely trivial to do

The only mistake GDQ made here was the idiotic equivocation 'different opinions' bullshit.
You might not wanna assume that we aren't aware of how easy it is to fake screenshots, when the reality is that for at least some of us this isn't the first time we've seen or heard these poo poo-for-brains excuses for human beings behave like this.

If this couldn't have been cooperated by multiple different archival sites, along with just browsing their posts up until they got "smart" and started deleting this posts, maybe you had an argument - but the fact of the matter is that it was very very easy to find other evidence of this kind of behaviour.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 28, 2018

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

What if what kept colon cancer down was all the people having butt fun and noticing lumps inside the butt - and now that it's no longer illegal, nobody is having butt fun so there's no more early detection? Check and mate, Goose.

Clearly we all need to have more butt fun and to try and detect cancer, because there's nothing I can recommend about it.

And now for an actually useful reply:

eke out posted:

yeah also lgbqt people in other positions shouldn't have to try to be their conscience about these issues, it's not a substitute for having those people in meaningful leadership roles
This is it, right here. LGBQT+ people aren't other peoples conscience, and being or knowing one isn't a get-out-of-jail-free card.
Everyone needs to think about how their words and actions can hurt other people - It's hard work. It's even harder to apologize, when you gently caress up - but you apologize, tell people how you're going to make amends, and then go make amends.

EDIT: Holy poo poo words are hard.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 29, 2018

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

iospace posted:

The problem is for a lot of people the "I know X, so I can't Y" defense works.
They may think it works, but that just shows they have a lot of learning left to do.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

site posted:

I agree in the abstract, in that that should be the way it works, but just slapping a PR person on the team and leaving the decision making to the same group of people who've made the same bad decisions over and over and just expecting them to change is just asking for disappointment. Plus I'm not too thrilled at the idea of specifically excluding minorities from the process because out of some notion that you can yell cishet white men with lovely notions into doing the right thing, as that invariably never works. If you want minorities to be included and protected, you need to have them involved at every level to insure they're being heard and their suggestions being incorporated into the process.
Did you mean to quote me? Because I'm pretty sure I never said anything about not having LGBQT+ involved.
My post was about how 1) we don't want to be a card someone can pull to defend themselves, and 2) words and actions can be perceived differently from how you mean them, and that if you hurt someone by your words or actions you need to demonstrate that you're sorry with more than just words.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

AGDQ threads coming on Saturday probably, me and Lobster are coordinating our stuff.

Also I got Ninja Smasher! and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure into ESA Winter. So that's cool.
So it'll be a two-player two-controller setup which devolves into a multiplayer relay posting race for 7 days until AGDQ2019 is over, at which point it's a rush to see who can finish up the quickest?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

instantly suspicious of day 3

gonna sleep in
:comfyzelda:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Next up, a discussion on whether "next saturday" means this upcoming saturday or next week's saturday
And after that, we'll talk about whether biweekly means every other week or twice a week!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Did we all, collectively and without communicating, decide to forget about ESA Winter?

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 18, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:glomp:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

:lol:

Oh yeah, it'll speed up the run by a lot, until one of them endlessly falls off the bridge!
If that's the worst that happens in a run with PJ involved, everything's coming up roses comparatively.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

:swoon:

...wait, who the hell still writes in cursive??
Me. I was taught it in school, and I guess it must've stuck because I'm still doing it to this day.

EDIT: Here's what I was taught as "skønskrift" (literally translates as beautiful script), with alternative letters as well as the three extra Danish letters.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 22, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Huh. Well, I was taught cursive starting in 3rd grade, and was pretty much forced to use it on every assignment from grades 4 through 6. It wasn't required after that. I guess I was only too happy to abandon it when I got to middle school. I can still write in cursive but it takes me longer than printing.
Yeah, I can definitely understand that - I don't even know how it stuck around for me, maybe it's because simply writing and writing my form of cursive is basically the same speed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Even using a pre-written OS is cheating, you have to bootstrap machine-specific assembly until you can get a self-hosting compiler and then write kernel, the rest of the OS, and all the games pre-requisites.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Timing: :effort:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i could swear it was ip based rather than anything stored on cookies

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Honestly, it probably is, it's a meme category anyway - there's no way an incognito session is "enough" to clear big goog's tracking, you know?
Browser fingerprinting, even after Firefox has disabled canvas fingerprinting in 66.0, is an artform only just shy of black magic.
Worse yet, it isn't made better by the fact that the majority of people on the internet use Chrome either on mobile devices or laptops/workstations, given that Google earns money from their ability to fingerprint users even if the users use incogneto mode.

It's especially bad when you remember that up until recently javascript timing in browsers was so tight that such [could be used to leak kernel information via the Meltdown exploits.
Even now after Mozilla relaxed the javascript timing, it's trivial to implement a cryptographic hash in javascript that calculates spends a second calculating hashes that're unique enough that you would only need to match on the useragent and supported files.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i dont know what any of that post means
That's okay, I was just nerding out.
Lain is cool anyhow.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

McFrugal posted:

It means companies can identify and track your computer even if you're using a VPN.
Plus if you're using a VPN provider, the VPN provider is most likely logging your data too.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 31, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Maybe the mods co-op'd the topic change and ended up overflowing it back to what it was?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity is what I'm looking forward to the most, but drat there's a lot of good stuff this summer.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

the horror block is dead long live the horror block
:emptyquote:

:emptyquote:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ArfJason posted:

really weird how the guy who got so mad at the pew pew game that he started punching himself repeatedly and broke nes controllers is some kind of loving dumbass lmao
First of all, gently caress Caleb.
Secondly, however, I'd like to point out that we really shouldn't judge people based on how they present themselves. Even with chuds, however much I hate them, self-harm and anger management problems can stem from all sorts of personal issues which they're better off working out than letting ruin themselves.
People have to acknowledge they have a problem first, though - and that can be hard.

:ninja:edit: It's probably especially hard when you're a chud because when you're a chud you've got a whole set of ideas that everyone else knows to be all kinds of hosed up :thunk:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

RPGLimitbreak has started, Sent was the first and still managed to do prizes while running FF Type Zero (he's not on staff for this one!).
Look, you can't expect Sent to stay away from prizes. It's simply too big of an ask.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

So Punchy now has some catching up to do, since The World Ends With You Final Remix WR just got had by the co-op runners Ouro and Ghoul02, who previously had 2nd and 3rd.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

why would I have to catch up to two people playing in concert. I'm one guy.
I was making a bad joke, fool_of_sound got it in one.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Everybody posted:

PJ what the gently caress
:hmmyes:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

site posted:

you know, im actually kinda glad chrono trigger ended up not happening because we're getting several more games in that timeslot. 7+ hour runs are best left for overnighters and stuff imo
Overnighters for who? There's no single timezone where everyone wants to watch those 7+ hour runs.
I really wish these events would realize that it's a self-perpetuating issue, and that they would get more people watching and donating if they didn't make everyone else suffer while US primetime gets the best stuff.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That's unfortunately not a great time for me :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ya did good, bud.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thanks for the reminder, I'd completely forgotten what with starting work again today!
Will be good to have something to watch while lying in bed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kikas posted:

TIME FOR GLOVER
Ah yes, the lover of G.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I'm heading on vacation tomorrow for two weeks and part of that vacay is going to SGDQ. It'll be my first year going (and doing some hosting duties) so I'm pretty excited! Just looking at the schedule as it stands, what are you guys thinking are going to be can't-miss runs this year? There's a lot this year that looks pretty interesting to me.
Windmill slam Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project.
Other runs I think won't disappoint: DuckTales 2, Prey, Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom, Super Bomberman 2.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BaconCopter posted:

Blind Kaizo Relay is my #1
Somehow I missed that, but that's definitely also up there.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Virtual Audio Cable isn't used anymore? It was the tool once upon a time.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

site posted:

did anyone ever spill why he got beat
I don't have a pastebin or anything like that to verify it with, but supposedly it was a drug dealer who beat him up?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

I've seen people on Reddit say that, but I assumed it was just Reddit being racist as no one ever followed up on it.
Welp, that makes me instantly not believe it - and since I refuse to go to reddit, I simply can't bring myself to care.

trashy owl posted:

Entirely unsurprised. I felt pretty unsafe with him there tbh.
Hell, I'm 6'10" and a big guy, and despite playing rugby I'm not sure I'd be comfortable around him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SeXReX posted:

No one is going to watch the stream when I do it.

Someone had to bring it up in the celeste playtest chat and got noel and Kevin to retweet it
I helped, I will watch (If I'm awake).