Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hey. nintendo... programming much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

For sure, I'm just joking around. If it took this long for one of the million nerds actively trying to break the game in every way to discover it outside Nintendo, it's completely understandable that they overlooked it

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Suspicious Dish posted:

in other news, we finally found a way past the stupid bitfs pole.... on vc only. the answer is as meme-y as you think it is.

so yeah, 0xA any% TAS run soon

I would like to know more

edit: about the skip. I know about the A button challenge

big deal fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 28, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

stomach it? I’ve never heard of it. is there a story there?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I had to google to understand all those posts: turns out horror was the name of a twitch moderator and there was a big brouhaha when some emotes got removed and then a lot of bans happened for mod sass.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I see... they didn’t mention any of that in the official twitch post-drama apology/announcement reddit post, for some reason.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

no I think ESA is a euro thing and I forget the initials of the one you’re thinking of but it’s definitely american
efb.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SNES controller, fun interface

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

But what's the story behind the fanart? Is that supposed to be lasagna on Garfield's plate? What is Mario upset about? Is Sonic upset? IS some poo poo about to go down?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cyghfer seemed cool, but now it seems, he’s A fool.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

wrong, fool. gamers are virtuous by definition. the more epic a gamer, the better the person. clearly cyghfer is a fake gamer.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

validation from internet strangers is the only thing that fuels me

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I guess the disconnect is that the NES and SNES d-pads are pretty good and possible to use precisely, rather than mushy pieces of poo poo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:allears:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I love hell.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what’s coda do? I only ever played with the first three or four characters.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mfcrocker posted:

Double speed, one hit kills you, one missed beat kills you, picking up gold kills you

The marathon run will be low% so no picking up items either

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

why is the thread title speedghosting. that doesn’t rhyme

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

murder spree...drunning.

speed running away from a scary dracula

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ah!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I like tas recommendations. never know which ones are gonna be cool as hell vs the ones that are just blandly optimal.

I feel like plague would be more interesting than specter but i’ve barely played any specter and don’t remember anything outside of the one airdash attack thing.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the “somehow” was dedicating a week straight to trying the same route repeatedly until it worked :haw:

and it owns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

is it gonna be a holiday forever

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

somebody should do something about all the problems

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pardon me. wario land and panic bomber were very good virtual boy games

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what’s zoomers

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

can’t believe iGeneration hasn’t caught on.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you’ve actually seen people use it?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Ill give these freakin iGenerationals a safe space six feet under the ground pretty safe down there

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I love him...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don’t think the post even reads like a coherent thought if you don’t know exactly who i’m quoting

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*clips through the floor at agdq* well THAT’s never happened before!! :D

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

http://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick is doing a community spotlight on hollow knight, so they're doing live runs with commentary in all kinds of categories. path of pain showcase is up next

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

quote:

Maria and Chuchu disapear from the speedrun

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

cage-free egghead posted:

Any new chuds we should be on the look out for?

Famed Glover speedrunner heeheex2 said “All Jews are gay and all gays are Jews” in a private message that nobody else can see.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

King of Solomon posted:

I've watched a fair amount of OoT Randomizer, so I can speak on logic a little bit. Basically, the idea is that the randomizer should never generate an item layout that is impossible to complete. There's always a built-in logical progression to where items - or, in the case of a metroidvania like Hollow Knight, powers - are located. So, for example, the randomizer's "logic" would never place the double jump behind a gap that requires double jump to reach. That's really all that commentary on logic is talking about.

this, and people say something is "in logic" if the randomizer's logic thinks it's possible for you to reach it with what you have.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Carbon dioxide posted:

low% runs when they find a way to skip one more item but the way is incredibly annoying and tedious.

https://youtu.be/gXjYs7-rydA

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

wot’s srm

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

😬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh not tomato anus