Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I respect them being completely willing to let you stand there and chip the gently caress out of that ice flan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, a little piece of trivia that I don't think has come up yet: I can tell pretty easily that Wiki's name is supposed to be a pun on "ukki," which is the Japanese onomatopoeia for monkeys. It's probably more obvious in Japanese, where it'd be written "Uikki"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad it was an Icicle of Prosperity, and not some kinda Icicle Disaster.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Glazius posted:

I respect them being completely willing to let you stand there and chip the gently caress out of that ice flan.

Do the needful, Scruffy.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Well, of course the boar would turn into a hammer

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I hope you're ready for the exciting conclusion to the ice world. No ice physics to be found!

/Polsy! -- #barbarosfacts poll

Kibayasu posted:

Do the needful, Scruffy.

If I find time I might do it. Gotta make it entertaining at least. It's a...large time investment.

Fiendly posted:

Well, of course the boar would turn into a hammer

yesssssss

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, a little piece of trivia that I don't think has come up yet: I can tell pretty easily that Wiki's name is supposed to be a pun on "ukki," which is the Japanese onomatopoeia for monkeys. It's probably more obvious in Japanese, where it'd be written "Uikki"

I would never have noticed this :v:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Is there something that the game isn't telling us here?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

If I find time I might do it. Gotta make it entertaining at least. It's a...large time investment.

I'm mostly joking.

Rose should maybe consider just opening with the bombs all the time.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm starting to think this volcano was not built up to codes.

/Polsy!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yo, Scruffy.

Apparently there is an alternate solution for the 'fountain guardian' level.

You dont need to go through a tough fishing minigame when you have some handy water-impervious explosives you can drop in the lake.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Pharohman777 posted:

Yo, Scruffy.

Apparently there is an alternate solution for the 'fountain guardian' level.

You dont need to go through a tough fishing minigame when you have some handy water-impervious explosives you can drop in the lake.

That makes a surprising amount of sense. I'll have to look into that :v:

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I loved this game so much when I was younger, it's always broke my heart that it's so underrated. the squid fight is the best level

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I just want to say that my youngest son super loved watching, like, five episodes of this LP in a row today. Thanks!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Admittedly, I could have done a better job with the editing in this one, but I didn't and we'll all just have to life with that.

marshmallow creep posted:

I just want to say that my youngest son super loved watching, like, five episodes of this LP in a row today. Thanks!

Yesssss I'm family friendly! Glad your kiddo is enjoying it.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
What happens if you knock down the lower ball after breaking down the doors?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Epicmissingno posted:

What happens if you knock down the lower ball after breaking down the doors?

It just falls off the platform once it reaches the pot of water. I believe the method for getting full points from it is to knock down the upper ball, then knock down the lower ball. Otherwise you get less points. It's a slightly confusing map.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I can understand if you don't wanna try it since it'd be way too time-consuming, but have you tried going up to every jar (after Unleashing The Johnny) and swinging the Wiki-Bell, maybe it'd spook him and cause a visual reaction?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Have we seen any of the levels unlocked by the secret maps from Bonelich yet?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Glazius posted:

Have we seen any of the levels unlocked by the secret maps from Bonelich yet?

I probably should have pulled this up in a video, but Bonelich's maps don't uncover additional levels. The maps you find right now give you some bonuses that will make Maddy's treasure hunting more effective, either more luck or a discount or seeing how many chests you'll get from an area you've already explored. Just for collectibles :v:

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I can understand if you don't wanna try it since it'd be way too time-consuming, but have you tried going up to every jar (after Unleashing The Johnny) and swinging the Wiki-Bell, maybe it'd spook him and cause a visual reaction?

I don't think it works that way, but I'll add it to my list of things to try.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm getting red flags largely because Barbaros's assembly is strongly reminiscent of Mala Mala Jong in Xiaolin Showdown. An amalgam of assembled magical artifacts powered by the Heart of Jong, one of the more powerful and versatile weapons on the side of evil due to having all the powers of the artifacts that made him - the more artifacts the more dangerous he became.

He was a pretty cool villain though...

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm getting red flags largely because Barbaros's assembly is strongly reminiscent of Mala Mala Jong in Xiaolin Showdown. An amalgam of assembled magical artifacts powered by the Heart of Jong, one of the more powerful and versatile weapons on the side of evil due to having all the powers of the artifacts that made him - the more artifacts the more dangerous he became.

He was a pretty cool villain though...

Man, I haven't thought about that show in forever. I don't know where you guys are getting all this "Barbaros is a bad guy" thing from though! I mean, every time we talk to him in the hideout, he mentions that we're getting closer to making our dreams come true! He seems to be having slips of the tongue the more pieces we find though, I've caught him saying "my dreams come true" more than once.

Anyway! Back to TREASURE!

/Polsy!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Happy Valentines day nerds, I got you all a video. Also I am able to prove that I'm good at Wii Tennis, apparently.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This game is really charming but it could use a sequel to work out all of its kinks. Like that tennis racket mechanic.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

This game is really charming but it could use a sequel to work out all of its kinks. Like that tennis racket mechanic.

And hopefully toning down on how gratingly annoying every character's vocal mumbles are.

I can't imagine how you're still sane after hearing "GNA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA" so many times, Scruffy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does Rose know how convenient her goons are? Does she build herself an impromptu pirate fort out of bedsheets and goon totems?

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Glazius posted:

Does Rose know how convenient her goons are? Does she build herself an impromptu pirate fort out of bedsheets and goon totems?

Given that the boss stage for ice world started with Rose attempting to steal Wiki to open the chest, I get the impression that Wiki might be the only one capable of transforming them between totem and person form.

... Which has some horrifying implications, but then this game hasn't really shied away from some really dark outcomes when you fail a level.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

NAME REDACTED posted:

Given that the boss stage for ice world started with Rose attempting to steal Wiki to open the chest, I get the impression that Wiki might be the only one capable of transforming them between totem and person form.

... Which has some horrifying implications, but then this game hasn't really shied away from some really dark outcomes when you fail a level.

Wiki seems to be the only one who can turn people/animals into items. Might be why Barbaros is so antsy? Eh, probably nothing.

Time to DESTROY A DRAGON.

Fishing with bombs is totally possible. Plus, I mentioned it's possible to punch the ice cube and IT'S TIME TO PROVE THAT and it took 45 minutes.

/Polsy!

Two Alternate Methods/Polsy!

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I love the "Yes" you get for that, so underwhelming.

Also I'm glad you didn't kill the baby dragon's mom

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo you actually did it you absolute madman

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Actually I've just thought of something - what is Barbaros wasn't always like that? His body is made up of golden objects, axes and goblets and poo poo - what if Wiki as part of sealing him, turned his parts into objects to make it harder to find them?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

SSNeoman posted:

Holy poo poo you actually did it you absolute madman

That was great.

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007
This last part is where I stopped playing the game. I got to the end of the level and could not get the timing down on dodging the dragon fire on the pillar. When I ran out of retry items, I just did not feel up to going through the level again and moved on to a different game.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Delvio posted:

This last part is where I stopped playing the game. I got to the end of the level and could not get the timing down on dodging the dragon fire on the pillar. When I ran out of retry items, I just did not feel up to going through the level again and moved on to a different game.

In my original playthrough I got a few levels past this. Didn't drop it because I got stumped, just because I...stopped playing and didn't start again, for whatever reason!

Time to commit airborne heisting!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if she's going to be back with an even more expensive and complicated airship to rob from. That was a pretty interesting change of pace.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was hoping that the laughter was her cracking, like "Oh, you wanna play hardball do ya... You come into MY HOUSE and steal from me? Fine. The kid gloves are off. I was just trying to beat you to the treasures, but now I'm gonna BEAT YOU INTO THE GROUND!" so was disappointed with what actually happened there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As far as ancient dragons and their children go, that one was very understanding and forgiving.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They just needed to cool off a bit to regain their senses.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
The good news is Captain Rose will return!

The bad news is that it's time to get spooked.

/Polsy!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I suppose Zack is beyond climbing up a small, not even waist high bannister to reach the chest. Where would the fun in that be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Being able to make silly little posts about art appreciation is becoming a small theme in my LPs. Not as much as ~master of stealth~ though.

Tombot posted:

I suppose Zack is beyond climbing up a small, not even waist high bannister to reach the chest. Where would the fun in that be?

Adventure Heroes can only think in three dimensions, not move in them.

• Locked thread