Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Miocic, Cormier 18 40.91%
Ngannou, Cormier 19 43.18%
Miocic, Oezdemir 2 4.55%
Ngannou, Oezdemir 5 11.36%
Total: 44 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CommonShore posted:

I remember disliking Rivera, but I can't remember why now - did he get a win off of a flagrant foul that the referee missed?

The opposite - Rivera was winning his fight against Urijah Faber until Faber poked him in the eyes, missed by Mario Yamasaki. Rivera recoiled in pain and Faber jumped on him and got a RNC for the win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Fransico Rivera just earned himself a four-year suspension for getting Clenbuterol into his system, claiming that he got it from eating meat in Mexico, and then submitting falsified documents to an independent arbitrator in an attempt to substantiate that claim.

Had he just accepted the initial suspension, he'd actually be back in action this year. He's out til 2020 now. I remember disliking Rivera, but I can't remember why now - did he get a win off of a flagrant foul that the referee missed?

Faber poked him in the eye then jumped on him right after and finished him.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

CommonShore posted:

Fransico Rivera just earned himself a four-year suspension for getting Clenbuterol into his system, claiming that he got it from eating meat in Mexico, and then submitting falsified documents to an independent arbitrator in an attempt to substantiate that claim.

Had he just accepted the initial suspension, he'd actually be back in action this year. He's out til 2020 now. I remember disliking Rivera, but I can't remember why now - did he get a win off of a flagrant foul that the referee missed?

other way around. Faber gouged his eyes and got the finish when Rivera was kicking his rear end.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The opposite - Rivera was winning his fight against Urijah Faber until Faber poked him in the eyes, missed by Mario Yamasaki. Rivera recoiled in pain and Faber jumped on him and got a RNC for the win.

See, I remember that clearly, but I seem to remember when that happened I went "well gently caress Rivera anyway" because he was already on my poo poo list.

Maybe it's because he beat Rolly Delorme and then failed a drug test.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
He did get busted for ephedra but I don’t remember disliking him. He had wild slugfests even if he usually lost. That fight was more of a sign that Faber was slowing down and had to cheat to win.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LobsterMobster posted:

it is a google form, dude

then I’ll do it

u rock

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He did get busted for ephedra but I don’t remember disliking him. He had wild slugfests even if he usually lost. That fight was more of a sign that Faber was slowing down and had to cheat to win.

search fight pass for Lineker vs Rivera

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Id do it if it was a google form, and also if maffew filled it out for me

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Really loving sucks that Francis River is gone for four years

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i got confused and thought it was jimmie riveira and got really sad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Still uh, still looking for MMA awards ballots to come in. Only 14 submissions have come in so far, which is kinda sad, but w/e

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845201

i answered, i didnt fill in all of the answers though since its difficult to remember all of that stuff from the top of my head. my apologies

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Im glad he got caught doing that

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Embedded 6, featuring:

DC in a sauna
DC in a cryotherapy tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv0B1Af9bvA

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
DC: And there's nothing wrong with, there's nothing shameful about doing cryotherapy. These guys pour their hearts out out there, the adrenaline is pumping, and sometimes they need to do cryotherapy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Work Friend Keven posted:

DC: And there's nothing wrong with, there's nothing shameful about doing cryotherapy. These guys pour their hearts out out there, the adrenaline is pumping, and sometimes they need to do cryotherapy.

lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
from Hell's heart Keven stabs at DC

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lmao

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

I love DC and lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This main card is so drat weird, two killer main events and 3 absolutely nothing fights with Thomas Almeida being the closest to a recognizable name. The whole undercard for 220 is just so lazily put together its been awhile since they've put together a card this strange.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tibau's gonna get choked out

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Pretty good kickoff fight for the card.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
there was a dude in a khabib hat who looked like mr nice. I dunno if it was him

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sleep now.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tibau is way smaller off the juice

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

choked out, beaten into another realm, whichever

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

usada baby we did it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

God drat!

Was that the first punch he threw?

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

cool

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love this sport

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Daniel Cormier is a great wrestle dad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope volkan finally rids us of the dc menace.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Say what you will about this card. Its first impression is Gleison Tibau getting knocked the gently caress out and that's pretty god drat special.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope volkan finally rids us of the dc menace.

Same

Surprised how many people are wearing Reebok gear here lol rubes

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hopefully they don't forget about Makhachev at bonus time because that KO was as pretty as they get.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also as much as i love mark hunt loving :lol: at him being #5 hw.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

upset win very possible

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Maybe all these dudes no-one's ever heard of are cool up and comers and we, the viewers, are getting in on the ground floor of the next generation of UFC fighters.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What's with Barzola's infighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Barzola isn't a real name, wtf

• Locked thread