Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

Imagine a parallel universe in which AMLO, Bernie and Jezza win their respective top level races..

I'm hoping for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

etalian posted:

Imagine a parallel universe in which AMLO, Bernie and Jezza win their respective top level races..

i'd be way more on board with bernie, corbyn and subcomandante marcos

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/lopezobrador_/status/973238602300784640

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its going to be wild watching america go to war with mexico because they elected a leftist

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

In January, former president Felipe Calderón shared a video on his social media, in which a Venezuelan citizen living in Mexico warned voters not to vote for AMLO, as he would put Mexico in the "path to ruin" like Chavismo had done in her country. It later surfaced that the woman, whose name is Carmen Martilez, is an actress who previously had uploaded a video in which she asked for street vendors to be "exterminated".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

In January, former president Felipe Calderón shared a video on his social media, in which a Venezuelan citizen living in Mexico warned voters not to vote for AMLO, as he would put Mexico in the "path to ruin" like Chavismo had done in her country. It later surfaced that the woman, whose name is Carmen Martilez, is an actress who previously had uploaded a video in which she asked for street vendors to be "exterminated".

ALMO will respond with big man tyrone

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm lmao for amlo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AMLO ftw

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Jose posted:

its going to be wild watching america go to war with mexico because they elected a leftist

I'm sure that won't be the only reason

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

jesus loving christ

also lol, this kinda dirty poo poo is a huge reason why AMLO is so popular

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Let's go amlo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

Trump is too much of a pussy

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jose posted:

He'll get DeVos to dump money into the Charter School of the Americas

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord of Pie posted:

He'll get DeVos to dump money into the Charter School of the Americas

I mean her brother is literally a mercenary so yeah lol

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
The charter school of the americas was hit by another scandal today as a report reveals that 40% of it's graduates can't even wire a car battery to a pair of testicles

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

actresses that want to exterminate street vendors are 20% of all Venezuelans fleeing Chavismo, so her story could still be true

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

good op, op

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its basically a certainty that amlo will win. now its time to start worrying about him not being leftist enough

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

babypolis posted:

its basically a certainty that amlo will win by now. now its time to start worrying about him not being leftist enough

morena will probably not win a majority in congress so i imagine actually passing poo poo will be a big fight

morena is polling about where pri was last election, and they got around 200 of 500 seats

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

morena will probably not win a majority in congress so i imagine actually passing poo poo will be a big fight

morena is polling about where pri was last election, and they got around 200 of 500 seats

meico has too many parties for any one of them to win a majority in congress. morena will coalition with pes and pt, and probably prd. that might be enough to push them over the top

also tons of congresspeople have been defecting to morena and i bet even more will once they win. pri had a big win in 2012 and that gave them a strong mandate and amlo looks like hes going to win by even more.

what i look foward the most is trump interacting with amlo, thats gonna be a real treat.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds like they should have stuck to the one party system

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

sounds like they should have stuck to the one party system

don't wanna do the same thing the gringos are doing

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/lopezobrador_/status/985571423245815810?s=19

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

since my Spanish is no bueno, when he says mafia what does he mean exactly

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
When he says "mafia del poder" he means the "powers that be."

On it's own, mafia (the generic mafia not the proper noun) means the same thing in english.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Who is the most Pro and Anti Trump candidates and how well are they doing?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Who is the most Pro and Anti Trump candidates and how well are they doing?

Mexican Bernie Sanders is winning op

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:getin:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

babypolis posted:

its basically a certainty that amlo will win. now its time to start worrying about him not being leftist enough

way ahead of you

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Meade going for the Jeb! finish

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Mexican leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has widened his lead in the race to win the July 1 presidential election, opening up a gap of 22 percentage points, a poll by newspaper Reforma showed on Wednesday.

The April 12-15 voter poll showed Lopez Obrador winning 48 percent, a jump of six points from a February survey by Reforma. His nearest rival, Ricardo Anaya, who heads a right-left coalition, dropped by six points to 26 percent.

Running third was Jose Antonio Meade, candidate of the ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI), whose backing remained steady at 18 percent, the poll showed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-election/mexico-leftist-opens-up-22-point-lead-in-presidency-race-poll-idUSKBN1HP1BA?il=0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta145u9wEMg

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToA10mNrmuI

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bxud8as_2A

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i have maybe two dozen friends on facebook from mexico and the election memes are starting to fly

it's amazing how the politics shift further right as you go further north in the country. coahuila is like y'all's wyoming

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Aliquid posted:

i have maybe two dozen friends on facebook from mexico and the election memes are starting to fly

it's amazing how the politics shift further right as you go further north in the country. coahuila is like y'all's wyoming

yeah everyone here in monterrey who isnt a young student hates amlo. i dunno why its not even an urban/rural split, maybe its just the high temperatures frying our brains

i have to admit unlike the us here the right wingers have an edge in meme production

babypolis has issued a correction as of 23:46 on Apr 20, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Northern Mexico is wealthier generally and more economically tied to the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Turnpike
Dec 30, 2010

babypolis posted:

yeah everyone here in monterrey who isnt a young student hates amlo. i dunno why its not even an urban/rural split, maybe its just the high temperatures frying our brains

i have to admit unlike the us here the right wingers have an edge in meme production

It's because Mauricio Fernández is the only politician they know that gets poo poo done. But yeah prolly the heat too.