Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

tehk posted:

M5 or M1 methanol. M5 is a power adder fuel so there is a gain of 10-15% more power via goblin rectums or something. It will be a dual fuel car once I get it registered e85 for the street and m1 for racing.

Ultimate Mango posted:

You know that that means, right? “Hybrid” stickers.

Nah, it means he needs to put an actual GM part on the car.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Accessories-20903652-Flex-Emblem/dp/B00B9Z848A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sure looks like a GM shortblock under the hood. :haw:

Why not both? Technically it's a hybrid AND a flex fuel. :v: just.. not the kind of hybrid most people think of.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Sure looks like a GM shortblock under the hood. :haw:

Why not both? Technically it's a hybrid AND a flex fuel. :v: just.. not the kind of hybrid most people think of.

Won’t be for long! That’s just a stock block for mock-up. It will be a Dart LSNext block and Brodix heads. By the time I’m done I am thinking the only GM portion will be the sensors, and probably some other small bits I’m forgetting.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
So the shop took a detour and my uncle picked up this chassis which I will be putting my left overs in. Ill be doing all the fabwork and supplying lots of parts so its turned into a shop car of sorts. Hopefully making this badass 1/2 chassis RX7 go fast wont slowdown the camaros build but building is awesome so I don't mind either way.

Not bad for $4500. Spindle front is $2100, front spindle mount wheels $680 each, Weld RTS rears $480 each, and a 25.1e(actually able to go 6.0 certified if under a specific race weight) probably cost 10k with the axle/shocks

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Also I need shop name/race team recommendations related to Philly, racing, and night time activities.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Philly cheese streaks

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

tehk posted:

Also I need shop name/race team recommendations related to Philly, racing, and night time activities.

Battery Night Racing.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
It’s Always Funny in Philadelphia

I don’t know enough about drag cars to know what qualifies as a funny car

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Big Scrapple Racing

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Fart City Speed Team

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

How about Broad Street Burnouts? It works on a couple of levels!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Put a sticker on it that says "peripheral pennsport meth injected"

E: gently caress I miss philly

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

E: gently caress I miss philly

So did evolution and civilization.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Best part about it. In two years I had two cars stolen, and a third taken on a joyride to New Jersey.

Honestly I mostly miss the vietnamese market, federal donuts, and playing chicken with the buses.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

and a third taken on a joyride to New Jersey.

That's saying something... When someone goes on a joyride to Fuckin' Jersey, you know you gotta move.

hedgegnome
May 20, 2008
Put the S2000 engine in the RX7 :D

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

And put the rotary in the S.

And then insist that you got blackout drunk in the shop one night and don’t remember what happened.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Progress! New intake gonna run the turbos into the car and into my icebox then out of the car directly into the intake. Waiting on stainless turbine Vband housings and new maven turbo mounts to finish the headers. Looking better than I had hoped

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks like a perfect application for one of those NRE mirror image turbos.

You're already going balls out anyway...

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Lookup NRE. Nelson Racing Engines is a joke for slow street cars and scams massive amounts of money to anyone willing to pay upfront. They have the pox in this industry. Mirror turbos would be cool but outside of smaller or medium garret units and the scam-NRE units they aren’t worth it. Would be a major major downgrade but I wish bullseye would make mirror borgs or precision would make mirror promods

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tehk posted:

Lookup NRE. Nelson Racing Engines is a joke for slow street cars and scams massive amounts of money to anyone willing to pay upfront. They have the pox in this industry. Mirror turbos would be cool but outside of smaller or medium garret units and the scam-NRE units they aren’t worth it. Would be a major major downgrade but I wish bullseye would make mirror borgs or precision would make mirror promods

Oh, that's a real disappointment to hear. I used to really like their streetfire videos when I was starting college, it's a shame that they're actually clowns. :(

Oh well, I should have figured.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

New stainless turbo housings. Vband is awesome, and they weigh about 12# less. Should be easy to mount. Crazy how much smaller they are than T4 housings let alone a t6..

Made some changes to the headers. Just a little 180 and bend above the frame rail....

I love getting stuff done on this car. Finally making headway. Should have the hot side done this weekend which is the biggest part of any engine build for turbo cars. I used a stainless donut(tight radius formed two pieces) and sanitary stainless elbows. Super cheap materials. Only bitch is fit up since the donuts are never round and cutting a collector far back never results in a round joint either. So I had to feed some filler because oval gaaaps that just couldnt be beat in, but I do that all day so no biggie. Only bad part was positioning. Every angle was a nighmare where you had to choose being able to see, feed filler, or aim the torch. I could have disassembled and welded it piece by piece but with critical angles I wasnt going to risk welding it as components versus welding it in one go.

tehk fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 18, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

tehk posted:

Only bad part was positioning. Every angle was a nighmare where you had to choose being able to see, feed filler, or aim the torch. I could have disassembled and welded it piece by piece but with critical angles I wasnt going to risk welding it as components versus welding it in one go.

The welds only have to hold for ~6 seconds. :getin:

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Making more progress

Waiting on my intake elbow, was gonna make one but they are stupid cheap. Cant wait to cut a hole in my dash and windshield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I love the teardrop on your "exhaust".

Seriously though that is some very nice looking fab work.

• Locked thread