Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I was just thinking of re-playing IV. Maybe I'll play along this version instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
GODDAMMIT POROM

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Twin is always lackluster. It does fixed damage in Advance which makes it useless at the endgame, and Double Meteor is garbage

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

TheFattestPat posted:

Apparently the Japanese rude way of speaking translates into lots of gratuitous curse words in English. Or at least that's what most rom-hackers seem to think.

How else do you prove how cool, edgy, and manly you are if you don't put cuss words in the mouths of fictional characters?

Some translations are just bad though, and just about anything would be an improvement. Yang's persistent cold comes to mind.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
God I love Bahamut Lagoon

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Casting Hold on a propeller tends to put a dent in it's ability to not crash and burn

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If this game doesn’t end with J Walter Weatherman telling Leviathan “And that’s why you don’t sleep in”, I’m giving this thread a 1

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 6, 2018

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Jason Sextro posted:

It has to involve an elaborate scenario ending in him losing an arm, though

Who do you think the final boss is?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He was so cool and then you did one crappy dungeon with him and he instantly hosed off to cast Meteo in cutscenes :(

Until you looked at him funny then he melted into a beard puddle

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So I assume Tellah is an option, right? And I assume they raised his MP higher than 45?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I like the process of switching characters, I just wish there was a way to switch it back if you change your mind

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
But Cecil...there's free healing like, 20 feet away.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I like that you can take on the final boss with Dark Knight Cecil. Light or Dark doesn't really matter, your head gets chopped off just the same

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
This moment is so beautiful I might cry

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Does anyone use Meteo though? That charge time is ridiculous, especially with Flare and Quake being instant and Bahamut almost as strong as Meteo

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Honestly, the series does handle the Cecil/Golbez relationship pretty well, but my favorite is in battle. But that's for The After Years thread. Anyone got a time machine?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Can you go back and recruit the others between Zeromus and Zemus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I’d imagine Vanilla Rosa would be a fairly fun SCC. Her bows can do decent damage and she won’t really need to Will boost, plus fun spells to fool around with and a lot of status spells actually do stuff in this game

• Locked thread