Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cirosan posted:

The problem is that it's indicative of a larger problem the hack has: it just doesn't tell you enough about bosses, and the tricks to beating them aren't really things you can reasonably intuit.

This is probably the biggest mechanical issue of the hack that I have.

It still pales in comparison to my issue with how it messes with the story and sort of brakes the neato gameplay/story integration the original game had in it's bare-bones form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Augus posted:

Geez, Tellah survived, Cecil is still a dark knight, the Tower of Zot is the Tower of Babil, poo poo is weird.
And my rage for this keeps on rising.

GAMEPLAY.
STORY.
INTEGRATION.

:argh: RAAAAGH :argh:

IT IS FOUR JOB FIESTA TIME AND ALL I HAVE ARE BERSERKERS WITH EQUIP HARP :black101:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Outside of King Giott's palace and the Developer's Room (understandable that's gone but I do like it as a thing) the Dwarves are rather underused so I to, have no problems with Santa-insert King Santos.

I mean, outside of Cagnazzo 2: Icy Boogaloo doing the exact same thing as OG Cagnazzo down to being lampshaded but hey, I guess it's thematic or something.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Eric the Mauve posted:

Basically it's to get him to where he needs to be for the Big Reveal Scene. I don't mind it, I think it works better than just having him show up for no reason like a game designer from even like 5 years later would do, or just tag along as an invisible noncombat party member.

Also it's the game backing up what he says he does: he's the guardian of the moon people, ergo he can fight, ergo if he joins your party then you can fight with him. And then he joined your party.

• Locked thread