Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've never seen Yu-Gi-Oh art that didn't look like uttert poo poo to me

It kept me from ever even trying it.

In fact, the border, font, symbols and everything look like amateur hour rear end imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I play magic casually and have since The Dark was released, so a long rear end time. The only organized events I ever do are booster drafts and poo poo I have no interest in more "serious" tournament play.

I and my friends play with no card restrictions. You own it? Play it. Most of my lands are still from Revised. I love mixing twenty year old cards in with modern ones. I know it would break the game if I was being an rear end in a top hat and buying expensive cards, but I've never spend more than like $4 on a card and that was for two playsets of Doubling Season when they were new because lol

Hello grafting modular deck, yes I do have a 600/600 creature with trample, why?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

How does a vampire get White coloration?

Jesus, Who What Now, you can't just go asking people why they're white!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I started playing during The Dark and every single time I've made a deck since then when I've thumbed through my nonbasic lands I've stared at this thing trying to figure out what in the colossal gently caress they were ever thinking.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

I still love how they thought, "hmmm... Ancestral Recall... that's a good name for a card that doesn't even do graveyard recursion."

Ehh, you're getting SPELLS (cards) ported directly into your memory/mind (hand) from...somewhere

Makes perfect sense in the alpha mindset

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it's just beside I've played magic for over twenty years (gently caress) but that seemed like an obvious use of that card instantly to me

Still a great moment in a game though, holy poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Which is why I have a red/blue commander deck designed around chaos. It's not supposed to win, it's just supposed to make the game real weird.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C-Euro posted:

I wish I could play with it again :(

My preferred playstyle is "bitch, I've been playing since before The Dark booster packs were on the shelves and I'll be damned if I'm not using whatever the gently caress card I want out of my 20+ year collection"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C-Euro posted:

There's lot of weird cool and abstract (or in this case, hyper-literal) art in old Magic, before digital drawing methods and proper worldbuilding/art direction really took hold. Someone in the main Magic thread in TG likened old Magic art to pages out of a wizard's spellbook, which is a really apt metaphor IMO-

The art has obviously gotten "better" in a lot of ways over the years, but this era of magic is my fukkin jam

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Big chaos games were always the best thing because of the stupid, ridiculous poo poo you could pull off if nobody paid enough attention.

I had a deck that ran on Thallids, Elvish Farmers, Keldon Warlords, and that sort of thing. It didn't seem like a huge deal until the accessories started showing up; stuff like Stampede Drivers, Lhurgoyfs, and Marton Stromgald. One game I managed to kill like 7 other players all at the same time doing like 500 points of damage. I had other random stuff in there but the entire point of the deck was to just quietly vomit tokens everywhere before saying "these are now all 30/30 and have trample. I attack everybody." No way in hell it worked in a 1v1 game and it didn't always work in chaos games either but when it did boy howdy was it hilarious.

I have one like this that makes a ton of loving 0/1 kelp walls and suddenly turns them all into 5/5 flying dragons.

It's a total gimmick deck but it's hilarious to look harmless then wipe up multiple players

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have a similar deck built around Day of the Dragons

It isn't about win %, it's about how absurd the wins are when they come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Why is that dragon's shoulder a giant eye?

Because he doesn't have any on his face.

(It's not though)