Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think Astral Slide was also around when combat damage could still be put on the stack, so that added even more card advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Also of note that Whizzard is based on Kevin Wilson, who I think had a big hand in designing the Android world with his super duper janky game Android, but is likely more recognized for designing the (super duper janky) FFG Arkham Horror game.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, imagine paying 7, and sacrificing two lands, for a measly 6/6 with no further abilities. You might as well just stand up and punch yourself in the dick and end your turn instead of summoning this!

Fallen Empires was not a good set.

:rip: thallids, I tried so hard to make you playable.

Edit: Wait gently caress that's not Fallen Empires.

GrandpaPants has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jul 31, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Not exactly the same, but there's a smattering of cards that do something when your opponent makes you discard them, generally putting the card into play or returning it to your hand.

The Madness mechanic basically did this too, but in most Madness decks, the player themselves was doing the discard. UG Madness forever.

And yeah RIP Netrunner.