Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«103 »
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I've had some monstrously good Ironclad runs with Pocketwatch. You can still play out a full turn pretty easily as smashboy with only three cards and then you get a free Master of Strategy for next turn.

As Silent... it's not so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glare Seethe
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

I had it with Silent but managed to get some decent use of it cause I didn't have any energy relics and my only AoE was Corpse Explosion.

Also today: started a normal Ironclad run, got Dead Branch from Neow then died to Hexaghost like a chump before ever seeing Corruption. I stared at the monitor for like a minute trying to understand how I let that happen. The main danger of non-ascension is not taking it seriously enough, I guess?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007

WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

rchandra posted:

Winning once isn't the point, being good at dealing with the different situations is. So in your case you should quit (or set up hard custom challenges) when your A20 winrate is too high.

Yeah, I guess youíre right. Just donít have the motivation. This game is amazing and Iíve dumped a ton of time into it (and highly recommend it to any lurkers of the thread). Guess itís just that Iím getting burnt out which whatever - got my moneyís worth many times over.

Maybe Iíll check back after a few more updates. They seem to be doing them at a good pace.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Peace Through Blood

Holy crap the daily today is ridiculously fun, defect with all rare cards and enemies drop relics. Picked up an early enlightenment and if I ever ended up dropping multi-cast I probably could have gone infinite.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time

Grimey Drawer

Feldegast42 posted:

Holy crap the daily today is ridiculously fun, defect with all rare cards and enemies drop relics. Picked up an early enlightenment and if I ever ended up dropping multi-cast I probably could have gone infinite.

It was nice to cast an upgraded Seek for the artifact attack and the +4 focus power and not have to go cross-eyed trying to pick them out of a 60 card deck. There were so many ways to approach each fight. Usually dailies make you overpowered and it's boring doing each fight the same way.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

First time I made it to the front page.

Daily Tip: Always try to pick up 5 curses since it gives you +100 points

Sparticle fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2018 around 05:58

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time

Grimey Drawer

I wish they made it so you could sort your deck at any time. Today's daily would have been twenty minutes shorter if I could Seek for Aggregate + Skim right away instead of scanning with my eyes.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

----------------------
|PMush used Shitpost! |
|It's super effective!|
----------------------

I decided to go the old "200 energy Multi-casts are hilarious" route. Also the "Unceasing Top is hilarious" route.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

I, too, have lost a kingdom.
Join me
Let us begin anew.

It always amuses me how far apart the daily decks can get, given the same seed.

FWIW, here's my 12 Innates slim deck.

Glare Seethe
May 15, 2004

I kinda wish they'd do some dailies without any of the modifiers. Just normal runs, maybe on a random ascension level. For whatever reason the modifiers just turn me off the dailies completely. I have over 200 hours in this game and I haven't once done a custom run either.

I'm up to A20 with Ironclad now but man, it's hard going. My best run today was wrecked by a Reptomancer (I survived but an unavoidable Giant Head finished me off). I am definitely not skilled enough at this game for this level, getting a win here will probably be a matter of having the stars align just right.

As a palette cleanser I did a classic non-ascension Silent turtle run, except instead of stalling for poison I picked up The Bomb. I'm definitely into the big dumb delayed AoE attacks like that and the Stone Calendar. It's the kind of card that would almost certainly be a waste of 200 gold on the higher ascension levels, but it was fun. I tried to keep the deck small so I could draw it as many times as possible and have bombs go off turn after turn. It was nice when it worked.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться

Doctor Rope

Glare Seethe posted:

I kinda wish they'd do some dailies without any of the modifiers. Just normal runs, maybe on a random ascension level. For whatever reason the modifiers just turn me off the dailies completely. I have over 200 hours in this game and I haven't once done a custom run either.

We're like polar opposites; I only start the game up to play the daily - I find the start-from-scratch nature of normal runs too boring, and the daily runs mix that up (although I wish there were more modifier combos).

Semi-related, it'd be neat if you could view the daily leaderboards in such a way that would allow you to click on a score and see their run stats (like Toshimo's post above), I'm always interested to see how the high scorers have played it.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

buildmorefarms posted:

We're like polar opposites; I only start the game up to play the daily - I find the start-from-scratch nature of normal runs too boring, and the daily runs mix that up (although I wish there were more modifier combos).

Semi-related, it'd be neat if you could view the daily leaderboards in such a way that would allow you to click on a score and see their run stats (like Toshimo's post above), I'm always interested to see how the high scorers have played it.

Totally agreed. I'd also like to just get the leaderboards immediately after my run instead of having to go through play -> daily again.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

man i wish i had the executive function to map a route through 2 after completing 1 lmao

Glare Seethe
May 15, 2004

That was nerve-wracking because of the stakes but it was actually kind of a comfortable win. Buying Apotheosis on the third floor turned out all right.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

reaper + demon form is such a good combo in high ascension. taking a shitload of chip damage is inevitable and it's nice to have some sustain so you don't die from having to do 4 fights in a row

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

----------------------
|PMush used Shitpost! |
|It's super effective!|
----------------------

Getting Mind Blast in a daily with Hoarder is so much fun. I one-turned the Time Eater.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

She is style
She is grace
She's probably eaten way
too much candy today

PMush Perfect posted:

Getting Mind Blast in a daily with Hoarder is so much fun. I one-turned the Time Eater.

the 15 Alchemize start is pretty lame though

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

----------------------
|PMush used Shitpost! |
|It's super effective!|
----------------------

Well, yeah, but you gotta take the good with the bad, and getting Intangibility potions can really save your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Todays daily was a little sad for me - I missed the 45 minute time bonus by about a minute, and I didn't realise that Blue Candle counted as boss damage, so didn't get perfects on the first two bosses. I also missed out on curses because I removed my first curse without thinking about it then proceeded to collect four more, and didn't think that Donu's artifact blocks the Corpse Explosion debuff as well as the poison, so took a bunch of damage the turn I killed Donu. It was fun, I will be playing more dailys in the future, got turned off by playing some that were just Brewmaster over and over which I kind of hate.

«103 »