Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Verviticus posted:

bizarre that you're getting the right swap and one of the three relics and the other guy is getting a pyramid

edit: i assume you're both on pc and not android or switch or something, no idea if that has an impact

I'm on PC and also got Vial, Sundial and Calipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
thats completely bizarre. i wonder whats wrong with my game

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Jedit posted:

I'm on PC and also got Vial, Sundial and Calipers.

Same.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I think it also makes a difference whether you are playing on the beta branch or not.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fights in tight spaces released in early access today, has anyone played it yet to know whether or not its worth twenty some odd bucks? the free trial is pretty fun but i could also see beating the game a few times and never playing again

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

fights in tight spaces released in early access today, has anyone played it yet to know whether or not its worth twenty some odd bucks? the free trial is pretty fun but i could also see beating the game a few times and never playing again

When a game has been out for six hours there's no point asking people if they got bored after 20. Look for a road map, see how much content they have planned. Then if you liked the core loop enough you can buy it.

I personally don't think it's worth what they're asking and will be waiting for a sale.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jedit posted:

When a game has been out for six hours there's no point asking people if they got bored after 20. Look for a road map, see how much content they have planned. Then if you liked the core loop enough you can buy it.

I personally don't think it's worth what they're asking and will be waiting for a sale.

well at this point i am hoping anyone had any feedback on how just the full campaign even plays out but good point.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
So I find myself in another A20 defect run with a swap into unceasing top. I leaned into it, with agregates, recycles, and 0 cost cards. I sailed through act 2 and 3, slowed at act 3 bosses, and died to the heart and died on turn three (Act 4 elites did a number on me).

Is it worth it to try to get value out of unceasing top, and any hints on doing so? I never found a medkit like I wanted.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TacoNight posted:

So I find myself in another A20 defect run with a swap into unceasing top. I leaned into it, with agregates, recycles, and 0 cost cards. I sailed through act 2 and 3, slowed at act 3 bosses, and died to the heart and died on turn three (Act 4 elites did a number on me).

Is it worth it to try to get value out of unceasing top, and any hints on doing so? I never found a medkit like I wanted.

Baalorlord did a whole ladder with a top swap each time. I'll try to get a link to where it starts on like A16

Edit: Hasn't happened yet, nevermind!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 26, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TacoNight posted:

Also always PtS (Post the Seed)

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
You're right, I should post it.

Here is the seed where I got top as a rare relic from Neow: 3YP770XGJ026 I died in Act II (asc 20).

I looked at my other seed and the one I died to the heart, I got the top on floor 8: 12ZSK9CH3PYVE

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Verviticus posted:

ok i could use some help. ive been trying to work my way up to an a20 heart kill and im messing around on a18. i got seed: 1GM439XVDI3QK as defect and exchanged for the boss relic and got the bell with ornithopter, calipers (very good), and molten egg which in my mind was loving outstanding cause egg before even getting a single card is ridiculous value. adding to this early the relic for curse event gives a du-vu doll which is three loving strength before i even see an elite. i then proceeded to totally fumble the seed in a2 and decided i wanted to try it again and hosed it up even earlier

i cant for the life of me get through this no matter how many times i replay the drat thing so i wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with this seed/doing boss relic exchange. im curious if i just suck at building this way or if my evaluation of the relic swap was a bad one

I verified this seed was giving me vial, sundial and calipers on the swap, but I actually played it with the common relic, vial (although calipers was my 2nd relic and sundial showed up later). Act 2I built a block engine out of 2x Genetic Algorithm, Echo Form and Spoon on top of the Calipers, which was great because it took me forever to find focus or decent frost orbs. Static discharge was a really bad pickup and upgrade, I don't know what I was thinking.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Baalorlord did a whole ladder with a top swap each time. I'll try to get a link to where it starts on like A16

Edit: Hasn't happened yet, nevermind!

Because Top isn't a boss relic, before anyone asks. Filter the Spire hasn't been enhanced to allow options other than boss swap yet.

Elsewhere in the realm of mods, the Spire community on Twitch is loving the hell out of the multiplayer mod. One bunch of whack jobs arranged a co-op run where someone got to snipe the Act 3 boss with Neow's Lament. (They lost, of course, but still - it's funny.)

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I noticed the other day that there's an option built right into the game to start with Unceasing Top on custom runs. So for that one, Filter the Spire isn't necessary. Kind of odd. There was also a native option to start with Snecko Eye in custom runs.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I've now boss swapped into Runic Pyramid on both Defect and Watcher and it's...way stronger than I realized. Probably stronger when you can build for it from the start but if my deck isn't that big and I see it as an Act 1 Boss Relic, I'm much more inclined to take it now.

Also almost every time I get a Wish, I also get an Omniscience AND a Bottled Lightning. It's such a disgusting combo.

And you gotta love when you can end fights with thematically appropriate cards.

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 27, 2021

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jedit posted:

Because Top isn't a boss relic, before anyone asks. Filter the Spire hasn't been enhanced to allow options other than boss swap yet.

Elsewhere in the realm of mods, the Spire community on Twitch is loving the hell out of the multiplayer mod. One bunch of whack jobs arranged a co-op run where someone got to snipe the Act 3 boss with Neow's Lament. (They lost, of course, but still - it's funny.)

Wait, what?? How does multiplayer work?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chaotic Flame posted:

I've now boss swapped into Runic Pyramid on both Defect and Watcher and it's...way stronger than I realized. Probably stronger when you can build for it from the start but if my deck isn't that big and I see it as an Act 1 Boss Relic, I'm much more inclined to take it now.

Also almost every time I get a Wish, I also get an Omniscience AND a Bottled Lightning. It's such a disgusting combo.

And you gotta love when you can end fights with thematically appropriate cards.

i think you don't really need to build for runic pyramid, although it does tend to make card draw worse and some curses run ending (ask me about the time i wasnt thinking and added pain in act 2 after taking runic pyramid as my boss reward on what would have been a very easy win)

weirdly runic pyramid also makes the elegance event choice even stronger, which is kind of impressive.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

rabidsquid posted:

i think you don't really need to build for runic pyramid, although it does tend to make card draw worse and some curses run ending (ask me about the time i wasnt thinking and added pain in act 2 after taking runic pyramid as my boss reward on what would have been a very easy win)

weirdly runic pyramid also makes the elegance event choice even stronger, which is kind of impressive.

I'd taken it in the past and just ended up with clogged hands and dying. Granted the last time I had it was back when I was still learning the game but it was so bad I hadn't picked it again as a boss relic. Getting it at the beginning these last two runs let me prioritize 0-cost cards and energy generation with Defect. I'd have turns where I had 30+ energy and Unceasing Top as well, so could just play my entire deck over and over. And for Watcher, once I got a Tantrum, I was set since I could hold my stance dance cards until I needed them and built for a scry engine so I wouldn't get clogged. The Watcher run felt like I couldn't lose honestly.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Chaotic Flame posted:

And for Watcher, once I got a Tantrum, I was set since I could hold my stance dance cards until I needed them and built for a scry engine so I wouldn't get clogged. The Watcher run felt like I couldn't lose honestly.

So it felt like a Watcher run? :D

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

https://twitch.tv/videos/914143553

Looks like there's a lot of "you each have to pick one of the four options" stuff. I'm playing it with my bestie tomorrow night, will report back.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Is it just me or are Act 2 hallway enemies worse than anything else?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Act 2 hallway fights are rough, and Act 2 has some of the best events in the game. Generally, look for an Act 2 path with a couple elites and a bunch of events.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Pretty widely held belief, they're such a step up from the Act1 fights, and nearly all the Act three fights are easier. One bad turn, play, etc. on the birds or the gank squad can really gently caress up your run

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Slavers is the hardest fight in the game besides early lagavulin. Imo

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A18 slavers have been messing me up. A18 in general has been messing me up, I've got some adapting to do.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
At some point you just gotta be Prepared to knock out that fucker in the back turn 1 or 2

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Slavers is the hardest fight in the game besides early lagavulin. Imo

I feel like i gained a whole lot more respect for The Birds when they got another wing a17/18 or so. They hurt now, sheesh!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Drunk Nerds posted:

https://twitch.tv/videos/914143553

Looks like there's a lot of "you each have to pick one of the four options" stuff. I'm playing it with my bestie tomorrow night, will report back.
This looks pretty cool.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

My kids are A0 and I keep telling them to just hit as few hallways in act 2 as possible.

Edit: Actually one is A1 but he is afraid to face elites. They are both paranoid of facing the heart

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 27, 2021

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Zore posted:

Two ways. You can do a simple competitive run, which basically just coordinates a lobby of players all running the same seed with the highest score winning. Or you can organise a coop run for up to four players; in these runs you also share a seed, but there's new map generation rules including the addition of Courier nodes where you can send the other players cards. You also share encounter space, so if one player enters a room that another player has already cleared it will be empty and if you buy something from a shop it won't be there when the next player arrives. You can also adjust the difficulty for skill as the Neow bonuses and penalties are applied separately, so you could give a weak player a rare relic with no drawback while having a stronger player accept the loss of max HP to remove a card.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

cheeseboy58 posted:

At some point you just gotta be Prepared to knock out that fucker in the back turn 1 or 2

It's a single target DPS check disguised as an aoe fight.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Lost to awakened one on a19 aaaaugh
so close...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just did an A11 sacred bark-white elephant run where I hoarded two of the thorns potions. 12 damage each time I'm attacked, the heart did 564 damage to itself, not counting the lightning orbs I channeled from static discharge

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Start poo poo, get hit.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Sure Mr. Bell I'll take your curse for:

1x Dead Branch
1x Preserved Insect
1x Gremlin Horn

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Got my first Heart kill while working my way up the Ascensions on Playstation with this absolute stonker of a Silent deck.

I'd never taken Nightmare before but that card combining with Catalyst/Wraith Form/Adrenaline was devastating, especially with a Bullet Time thrown in there. The Heart went down like a 2 bit chump when I put more than his damage limit in poison on him turn 2. My previous Heart attempts haven't even been close so that felt good.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Nice. You've discovered a really strong, common approach to the late game for Silent. Basically if you get Nightmare, Wraith Form, Catalyst, Corpse Explosion, and Well-Laid Plans, you win the game. Once you have all that, Awakened One is pretty much the only fight where you have to think. It can be tough to find all that stuff though, and it's usually not a good idea to go fishing for particular cards.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Yoshi Wins posted:

Nice. You've discovered a really strong, common approach to the late game for Silent. Basically if you get Nightmare, Wraith Form, Catalyst, Corpse Explosion, and Well-Laid Plans, you win the game. Once you have all that, Awakened One is pretty much the only fight where you have to think. It can be tough to find all that stuff though, and it's usually not a good idea to go fishing for particular cards.

So I went to try this to get my first-ever heart kill, and... well let me post the seed, it's a wild hootin' time.

5FRTQT6ST5ATS

A1 if it matters, and be sure to take the relic swap from Neow.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

When we post seeds, can we also post platform? I think most in this thread are on PC but I know there are at least a few Switch and Android players in here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Tayter Swift posted:

So I went to try this to get my first-ever heart kill, and... well let me post the seed, it's a wild hootin' time.

5FRTQT6ST5ATS

A1 if it matters, and be sure to take the relic swap from Neow.

I tried this at A10. Did not go well. I died to triple slavers. But I did have three copies of after effect