Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Lichtenstein posted:

Is Envenom something anyone ever took as a deliberate choice for something other than a desperate relic-dictated swerve from shivs to poison?

It's basically a slightly worse Inflame, but that's still not bad if you've got a lot of multi-attack stuff or shivs. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

buildmorefarms posted:

We're like polar opposites; I only start the game up to play the daily - I find the start-from-scratch nature of normal runs too boring, and the daily runs mix that up (although I wish there were more modifier combos).

Semi-related, it'd be neat if you could view the daily leaderboards in such a way that would allow you to click on a score and see their run stats (like Toshimo's post above), I'm always interested to see how the high scorers have played it.

Totally agreed. I'd also like to just get the leaderboards immediately after my run instead of having to go through play -> daily again.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

Can you install mods on the windows version?

Yes

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I want the same game but with classic jrpg combat. Maybe you recruit a party member each act or something.

Chrono Ark is pretty good.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just handling some work and then I'm going to do it and upload.

If anyone else wants to do it, the seed is 2ABCYDL36Z9L8

I also had a go at this:

I tried to go in blind so I don't have a lot to say about differences in approach until I check some other people's playthroughs.

Not a very difficult run. I chose to risk transforming my starting relic since I love swimming in energy on Ironclad. I messed up several times including a couple of misclicks (it's been a while). I chose barricade early which informed a lot of the run. I was able to bottle it later on which made things significantly smoother. Picking up a Dual Wield+ made me goof off a lot trying to get as many stacks of metallicise and juggernaut up as possible.

Fun seed.

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 20, 2021

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh. So it looks like I took a completely different path. I didn't have heart enabled for whatever reason, my first card choice was [Shockwave]/Headbutt/Feel No Pain and things kept going differently from there. I wonder if the lack of heart things makes the random seed generate things differently.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lifecoach isn't really much of a smiler or a happy entertainer but his stream is much more pleasant of an experience.

Hey, Mann. Ja, ich weiss.

WHACHAAAA! PAM! POW!

I love it :allears:

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 12, 2021

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gyshall posted:

Was wondering if there is a thread for Trials of Fire? I think folks would enjoy it in the realm of spire likes

It comes up in the roguelike thread regularly. The game is good but doesn't seem to generate much discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lucas Archer posted:

Anybody remember the old Magic magazine, where they would have a puzzle? They’d give you your hand, the cards in your discard pile, draw deck, your and the opponents set up, and you’re supposed to figure out the best play that usually ends with you winning?

Just thinking StS would provide some really interesting puzzles set up like that.

There's a whole book!