Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Yay, I finally got a win with the Silent. And it was rather clown shoes starting with trading the starting relic for a boss relic and getting snecko eye. After that, I only picked cards that cost 2 or more, with the exception of one flying knee. the other I got from transforming a stab. At the end, the deck was like 2 chokes, 2 flying knees, 2 leg sweeps, 2 of that deal 15 draw 2 next turn, a pair of multi hit cards, 2 bullet times, a nightmare and like a pair of block and stabs. The monsters just melted away. To top it all off, I also got Gambling Chip and that combos so well with snecko eye.

drat this game is sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

The problem with Orrery is that you have to take all five, and very rarely will all five be good, even for Silent. Which means more removal you have to do to slim your deck down. I've just never at all had it help a run. Maybe if it and the Ice Cream swapped places, I'd be more generous, but then you could get into awkward situations where an event/shovel just shoves a relic in your hands without you being able to turn it down and surprise now your ten-card rapidcycle deck now gets a full extra hand bloating it.

I don't know about before, but I got it in a recent run and you don't have to take all 5 cards from the Orrey.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Jackhammer posted:

If you get searing blow before first camp, you just won the game. Just upgrade it every chance you get.

Just had a run where this happened. I only got it to +11 though. I did however also get the book that doubles the first 2+ cost attack each turn so throwing around 200+ damage from one card is pretty nuts. The deck was that, a bunch of cycling, and three headbutts to get Searing Blow back.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Well that was tense, I just beat Donu-Deca with 2 hp remaining.

Same but The Awoken One and 5 HP remaining. Being the Silent with many powers, including 3 innate infinite blades, 2 thousand cuts, and an envenom. I did have the kunai, so my block just barely kept up with the damage, for the most part. There was one turn I just took 50 to the face though.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Just had a fun discard deck with the Silent. Got the relic that deals 3 random damage when you discard half way through map 1 and I built the deck around it. Also glad I found gambling chip and then fire in a bottle the attack card thats "if you discard this, deal 7" This is the one time I'm a little sad I swapped my starting relic, because getting the draw 3 first hand would have really helped the deck.

I'd figure there'd be a victory bonus for having a lot of relics, I ended that run with 22. Got the black star that lets you get 2 relics from elites and I fought 5 more after that.

Also, we did it, we're up to 1,000,000,000 damage to the heart.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Earlier today I won a Silent A2 run that started with me trading starting relic and getting Philosophers Stone. I was a little worried, but 4 mana is good enough to get you through map 1 and I got the +mana but can't use potions. At this point I was just taking anything that said "Draw" on it and cool powers like thousand cuts and envenom weapon. Then one of the relics for the map 2 boss was Snecko eye and it DOES say draw 2 on it and 5 mana is a lot. it probably helped that I had mummy hand and a good number powers.

The run was a little tight, in map 3 I think, I was down to like 10 HP and stumbled into that campfire event where you remove a card and get a reward based on it. Pretty quickly removed my second envenom weapon for the full heal +10 max.

Even against the Time Eater as the final boss, the deck still managed to win just fine.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Had a fun Silent run where the first shop shaped my run, it had Tingsha. So, of course, I build a discard deck.

Most of the other relics came in handy, Pen Nib for the burst, pillow healed me several times, All the extra energy was great, of course gambling chip tingsha is a combo, omamori + bell also a cool combo, the one curse from it being writhe was great, shuriken gave me inevitability, and the bottle combo at the end was just funny. Start every fight with Tactician+ and Eviscerate.

Even the Tim Eater couldn't stop me, though he did get close. I had him down to 5 hp when he was gunna hit for lethal, if not for orichalcum, I thought at first. but he was hitting 3 times and died to the thorns.

Also, I found out there is a bonus for having many relics, its at 25.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Ayn Randi posted:

Does anyone use the can’t see enemy intents energy relic or is it as I assume a sick joke

I mean, if you either A: play all your cards because of the extra energy or B: just kill them, it doesnt matter what they do.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Getting Offering early as ironclad is pretty good, but then shortly after getting lightning in a bottle to always start with it is just amazing. Then getting the Necronomicon to give my deck a focus, and that was the ball game. Whirlwind is such a good card if it has a little help to boost it.

Final boss was time eater and I found out his 12 action clock stops the necro's copy attack from hitting. Up to ascension 4 on both.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

This isn't going so bad.

*runs into 3 birds in act 2 that start with +3 strength*

That was a nice run.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

This isn't going so bad.

*runs into 3 birds in act 2 that start with +3 strength*

That was a nice run.

These challenge runs are too drat hard

Like, I'd want runs with interesting unique twists, but if you're gonna bury them in difficulty, Im out.

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 5, 2018

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

They're called a Daily Challenge for a reason, they're not supposed to be easy.

So step 1: change the name.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I've been hearing how Dead Branch is all cool, so I decide to so some ascension level 1 runs to try and find it. Earlier today I actually got it....one fight before the end boss. Said end boss was also the time eater so I really couldn't go all out on him, but the fight before him when I got to corruption and fiend fire a full hand, that was fun.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

So this is a pretty fun run just posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb68ZZkLbkI
What if your starting deck was just one Bash?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I like the updated dailies. They're still different and challenging from a normal run, but not as brutal.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

the Spire speedruns were really heating up yesterday. Anti_flame got two WR runs, a 6:38 and later a 6:25.

But soon after, Forgotten Arbiter, blew him out of the water with a 5:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00dbUbpRY8s

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

The daily is very silly fun. Being able to bladestorm into a bunch of shivs into gamble for a bunch of armor/new cards is just the best. Also, got the cheevo for playing 10+ shivs in one turn.

Contra Duck posted:

Can't believe you didn't take snecko eye too. How shameful.

This guy knows whats what. Anyone who didnt take snecko eye is a coward. A coward!

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 13, 2018

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I see you people with a mere 3 curses, you gotta step up yo curse game. Never take Omamori

Six! curses. The doubt there is from the final boss himself.

Also, there's a 100 score bonus for having 5+ curses in your deck.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Bhodi posted:

Wait, I had doru. I thought the runs were supposed to be fixed?

Are you playing on the Beta branch? I think that makes a difference.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Today's challenge was fun but kinda odd. Mostly in that the gimmick, all enemies are slow like the stone head in act 3, is negated by artifact. And the final boss is the shapes so if you built the deck to take advantage of slow, it doesnt help on them.

I still won, but slow being negated should probably be a bug.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Bruceski posted:

In today's daily I one-rounded the Time Eater. Flex, Inflame, Limit Break, Bash, some other attack, and Pummel for 5x63 damage. It was really satisfying.

Same. Bottling both pummel+ and limit break+ when you start with 4 strength is pretty good. I even saved 3 strength potions just to make sure.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Today's daily is a pretty good way to get the 1 relic cheevo. Take every card you see + upgraded mind blast is all you need. 2 mind blasts took out the triangle and the 3rd brought the donut to half. If artifact didnt stop slow, I maybe could have 1 round them.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

So Draft is a new mutator for dailies and it's awesome. I know there was a mockup video they made a while ago of a draft mode and this is it in practice. You get fifteen "choose a card" prompts and you're off to the races.

As you can imagine, it makes you really powerful right out of the gate.

This might only be available in the beta branch though.

yeah, the non-beta daily is midas, 50 random card deck, start with 2 ironclad cards as silent.

Anyway, draft looks cool, guessing that'll be in the next update.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Got to do two slightly different dailies today. Pre-patch you started with the shovel and post-patch you instead start with two silent cards, but otherwise, its 99% the same. Pre-patch I missed out on dead branch, so getting a second shot was nice.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

You know your deck is cool when you get the Collector bonus for Offering. I had 5 of them.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Had a fun snecko run as silent on ascension 5:

The deck did have a thousand cuts+ in it, but that event in act 3 made me get rid of it. I think the other choices were nightmare and skewer+. Nightmare with snecko eye can make one hell of a following turn and I wanted the guaranteed damage of skewer.

MVP was sneaky strike. Rather good with eye. Of course its fine when it simply was "free" but when it makes energy, thats the good stuff. There were a couple turns I had 8+ energy rocking.

Final Boss was Time Eater. I actually nightmared Malaise+ and had him at -13str before he did his heal.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

moldovan scullery posted:

I, uh, Fiend Fire'd most of my attacks away and Guardian was then able to outrace the Mercury Hourglass to kill me

welp

I had the most thrilling fight Vs the Automaton similarly. During my turn I did Double Tap into Fiend Fire, being pretty sure it wouldn't work but forgetting I played Dark Embrace so I kinda burned all but 6 cards. Thankfully, there was still Bludgeon and Immolation as attacks though unfortunately both the little nubs took my only attack cards. On the plus side, they were both dead to mercury hourglass in 3 turns and I had a hefty lifetotal thanks to many feedings. By the time I got my attacks back I was facing lethal from his HYPER BEAM and had to Double Tap - Bludgeon into a coinflip Havoc.

I won the flip.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I did pretty well on todays daily. Im sure its just a coincidence but im glad Peace Pipe was there.

12 perfect elites and 3 perfect bosses.

Bottled bullet time and snecko are pretty good. Every single turn 1 was very explosive. and even turns 2+ were pretty good. Updated Wraith Form really makes this work.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Many dailies have you being very powerful, especially early on, but today's is just a grind to get even a reasonable deck. I wouldn't have stood a chance vs the bird boss if not for getting Wraith Form off the dream catcher.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

I died to the Slime Boss. I just had no firepower whatsoever and you don't get any decent relics in the first act really. Yuck.

yeah, the slime boss got me to 5 before I barely managed to stabilize. I think I bought Unload from the first shop just to have any kind of attack.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I think diversity is currently bugged, I went the whole current daily without seeing a single Silent card.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

yeah its only been out an hour, but I take what i can get.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Today's daily, on non-beta branch anyway, you are the world's weakest immortal. You will never die, but it will take forever for you to win. I clocked in at an hour thirty when I am usually an hour even.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

logger posted:

I got to the first boss on today's daily and it was so unfun I closed the game. I hope next time they use the specialized modifier they actually pick something fun to use rather than 5 Wraith Forms.

It really didnt help that so many of the card choices were non-offensive options. I can't remember how many elites offered tactician vs doppleganger or normal fights offering concentrate vs distraction.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I hope they add Prayer Wheel to the daily mod Hoarder. I just want the fattest deck ever.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

logger posted:

It took me 17 minutes to beat today's daily because of Mind Blast being in a store on act 1, I could have gotten beyond perfect if I had time to upgrade all of them before the boss..

I did upgrade them all but was still short 40 damage. still got like 1900+ score thanks to getting 525 just from collector.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Tollymain posted:

whats the use case for havoc

It also works well with war cry and headbutt, so you can decide whats on top of your deck for havoc.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Thats probably why the daily modifier that gives you du-vu and periapt also gives you cursed key, so you have guaranteed curses.

So many times ive taken omamori in runs to then never see a curse opportunity.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

Or you just say "screw orbs" and go all in on all for one, which is fun as hell.

as someone whos first orb-bot run was all for one, it is. I also sided into the power that gives you a power every turn and mummy hand.

I managed to get an infinite with all for one and madness. good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Today's daily can be pretty harrowing. Just casually going into the final boss with 7 hp max. Thank god for wraith form and apparitions.

I'd kind of like the opposite of the stuffed bonus, call it skin and bones. (you dont know what defect is made of)