Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Yo Ascension mode is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard. I have runs that on normal difficulty would be absolutely broken feel balanced :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Beasteh posted:

Fast Mode is an A+ feature

Not an empty quote
Seriously though, even with all the new gorgeous animations sometimes you don't want to sit through two minutes of birbs hitting you 5 times each

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Mantari posted:

Just tried out the Downfall mod, not that I'm tired of the base game yet after 150 hours

This is a new game mode where you play as the bosses and work your way down the spire from the heart, facing the original characters as bosses, an incredible amount of work must have gone into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYthsh8a1Dc

My first run after a difficult act 1 I cruised along until the act 3 boss the Silent, she stacked up poison on me and laid down a wraith form. I only survived due to my fairy in a bottle and the healing cards I had. Amazing mod

Seconding this, how high quality this mod is absurd

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
If you're interested on a "professionals" opinion, joinrbs put out a video last year about question card+broken crown.

https://youtu.be/k_YSUFSKtSs

TlDr is that it's still not good

Note I always grab broken crown, because I'm bad at this game lol

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Victory Position posted:

he spent a good hour trying to decide between playing a Defend and a Poison or a Poison and a Defend

he's extremely good at making every decision appear to be the life or death decision that will send the run careening off, even if it's something as trite as "do I buy this Footwork at this shop?"

As someone who refuses to slow down and think while playing this game, he's 100% right. It's just that playing the game "wrong" is way more fun

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Is there a particular reason why the metallicize potion (6) is so much better than the plated armor one (4 and drops if hit) ?
Like their numbers should be flipped right???

E: i googled it and metallicize potion is ironclad only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I imagine there’s significant cross over between Slay the Spire and Library of Ruina, so I’m posting this in both threads.

There is a FANTASTIC mod for StS which replaces all default enemies and events with Ruina inspired ones. Needless to say, there are massive spoilers, so if you care about plot don’t get it. Otherwise, it’s a truly remarkable mod which smoothly integrates a variety of Ruina mechanics into the game. I cannot emphasize enough how blown away I was when I started playing it.

Here’s the steam workshop link
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2396661789