Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Seksiness posted:

Apotheosis is my favourite colourless and if I manage to grab it in act1 it's almost a guaranteed win. Even more so if you are lucky enough to get a bottled lightning.

Bottled lightning apotheosis ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
How do you play literally any class besides silent. Everyone says silent is their worst but I just got to a16 last night and my next closest is like... ironclad a6 lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Countblanc posted:

I feel like it's somewhat easy to cheese out a win with silent if you get lucky with a wraith form, a catalyst, and poison generation. No other character really has a catalyst style "you win now" button. So like even if you don't understand how to really build great desks or deal with lots of the enemies you can sorta skirt by in ways the other classes can't

Catalyst is ftw but I’ve been using wraith form a lot less, not skipping it obviously but not having it in my decks for most wins. Silent just has cool blocking cards. Backflip, cloak and dagger, all the blocking uncommons plus dexterity, don’t even need wraith form

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Why do you have two accuracy for a single infinite blades lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Artelier posted:

4 runs in a row of "Exchange starter relic for boss relic" which becomes "Transform and Upgrade 3 cards in your deck" fml

To be fair the run before that was Ironclad Snecko

Both of those things are good. Go in peace

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Shivs are underrated IMO. Like if you hit poison synergy early it’s obviously better but there’s lots of strong shiv synergies and your deck isn’t trashed if you don’t hit a catalyst. The only thing is a18+ you have to be really careful leaning in too early because laguvin will destroy you

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I play on iPad though so idk anything about the new buffs. 4x3 damage on a 1 mana common sounds dumb lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

pyromance posted:

Blade dance just works with lots of other cards and relics for the silent that it ends up being really good where it is right now. I'm kind of mixed on how I feel about it, because I think it's kind of a crutch that is propping up of bad design for the silent otherwise. But at the same time, I think it's nice that we're able to use cards like choke, accuracy, evenom, and thousand cuts and make viable decks now, and wrist blade is not a terrible boss relic. Like, reverting the change would put a lot of silent cards back into planets aligning decks amounts of usefulness.

Actually silent is ftw

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
First a20 win but heartless because I wasn’t paying attention at last chest. Not really exciting in any way I just hit 3 wraith forms and an apotheosis lol. Had a much cooler panache start and shivs deck that died on 2nd act 3 boss because I got time eater first

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Idk I'm still working on my defect but I feel like I'm not usually mad about a few claws in most decks. It's pretty low effort ramp once you burn through all your powers

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Slaver damage is way worse than gremlins lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Also lagavulin is actually a burn fight

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Idk what ascension level you're talking about because at 18+ the debuff makes all your starter cards worthless

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Yoshi Wins posted:

What is a burn fight?

Burn = have to deal damage fast or you die

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

MJeff posted:

Man.

I got to Donu and Deca in A20 and Snecko Eye just slid the knife right between my shoulder blades. You'd never seen so many 3-cost powers.

First time getting to the bosses in A20 and I was cruising for all of Act 3. God, that's deflating. :/

Simply pick more 3 costs

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Transient is a damage check. Too many halts etc

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
It's okay. Nightmare is for wraith form, blur, etc first usually imo

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The only offensive card you should really be using nightmare on is catalyst unless you have some sort of psycho shuriken deck

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Slavers is the hardest fight in the game besides early lagavulin. Imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Damage plus block is good in every act. Go in peace