Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

The hell does snobbery have to do with it? Early access games are just more fun when they are actually complete.

Because you felt that the fact that you will not play this because it is early access is important enough to let everyone know about.

quote:

"Oh boy this game sounds interes-"

*early acesss*

"well nevermind"

This is a unique and valuable opinion that I have seen nowhere else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do we know if there will be any more new patches and/or characters?

Played Slient and Defect recently and both are real fun.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dumb question: How is playing this on the Switch? Normally I do not think that I would need to ask this but, well, the Switch is a weird system where things either run well or really badly, and it is not always obvious which would be which.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I went ahead and got the switch version. Was dreading playing Ironclad after liking Slient and Defect so much. Then I got a Barricade/Juggernaut/Combust centric deck and made it to the Awakened One before dying, so shows what I know :v:

But you guys are right: It does play really well on the Switch. I was wary because I had Darkest Dungeon on there and that had terribly tiny text.

The only thing is that I wish that confirm button was there for ending a turn without spending all your energy, assuming that there isn't an option for that. Got myself into trouble a few times where I pressed the Y button by mistake or without thinking.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got my first ever Spire victory with the Silent today!

Had an After Image, Shivs, and Poisons Centric deck, which also had some Wails in there. It feels like a big priority is to get some sort of damage mitigation going to survive the big hits, like stacking block, weakness or drain strength, or outright invincibility. Skills where block can roll over seem real good.

All in all, in my perspective currently, mitigation trumps attack, though you still need a good enough means of attack to DPS down an enemy before they buff themselves up to the point where your mitigation can’t hold.

Edit: Forgot to mention energy and drawing skills are good to have too.