Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Thorgy deserved to go

Milk is deeply annoying but interesting-looking which is just what I thought of him in his original season.

Shangela is loving magnificent in so many ways.

Kennedy still occupies a place in my heart that I don't understand.

Bless this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Drag Race Thailand is fantastic.

I am slightly bored by All Stars but I recall feeling this way about the previous All Stars seasons too.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I shouldn't have said bored with AS3. It's - I'm not sure how to word it - more like I don't feel the drive from the competitors like I tend to in the normal seasons? Like I compare it to the excitement of the queens on Drag Race Thailand that I watched right after watching the last AS3 episode, and something feels lacking. Still a good show and one I don't regret buying on Amazon, but the fire is a bit on the low side by comparison.

That being said, Trixie's comment about losing the lipsync to Pearl just loving slayed me.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving fantastic

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally watching episode 2 of Drag Race Thailand

drat Natalia Pliacam doesn't go subtle with her opinions of others :stare:

Dearis for president

edit 2: They don't gently caress around with challenges

Tendai fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 4, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trixie's reaction to Ben was basically mine. loving gagged.

Morgan you're so trashy somehow and yet I still kind of think you're amazing.

Shangela knows how to stick to a theme I will give her that.

Nancy Pelosi felt so loving awkward but I mean, a politician appearing on a show like this is unironically pretty amazing to me :unsmith:

32 minutes to go :allears:

E: Ughhhh Bebe reminds me more of a coworker who I dislike at work every week with her attitude and how she talks and her fakey distress and it makes me dislike her

E2: The TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 3: "A boring white dude who doesn't like hugs"

e3: Trixie nailed the challenge and the runway

E4: Yeah you've been consistent Bebe, consistently boring and just gratingly unpleasant to me when you talk to other people

E5: The TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 3: Would you guys like to sit on a sofa and possibly cry?

E6: Well that ending was predictable

final edit now that I've read the thread:

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah, RuPaul has obviously checked out and started just cashing checks. Esperterra and I discussed this elsewhere, but the show has mainstreamed *a lot* in the last couple years. The mini challenges, where a lot of the uniquely gay stuff really happened, have all but disappeared, there's less personal focus on the queens' journeys as queer individuals, and the maxi challenges outside of the obligatory snatch game all feel like hastily thrown together acting/singing bits.

The show has lost its way and its hard to say how much of that is ru disengaging and how much of that is VH1 pushing for more content that won't scare the straights away. Where the gently caress is mustache pit crew guy? Or the pit crew at all?

It's slowly becoming less Drag Race and more Rupauls Costumes Time Dance Party.
This is basically it and it makes me sad

Tendai fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 10, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I keep skimming that part about The Craft and I'm shocked someone hasn't seen it but I'm 35 and watched that poo poo INTENSELY in high school at slumber parties.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm rooting for Annee May but I really kind of love Dearis :allears:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat right you have your own hat, Dearis. :3:

B Ella rocking the challenge right off, I love this show

Pangina's cackling :allears:

Tendai fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 13, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Panpan's golden lizard is everything

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am more eager for drag race Thailand episodes than I am for All Stars 3 right now, to be honest. It seems so much less going through the motions then the US version right now, if that makes sense.

Dearis Doll for president.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's too bad about Amazon, that's where I first watched the show and got hooked on it because it was Prime.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I agree with everyone in the top except Bebe.

I cannot lie, part of that is probably that everything about Bebe reminds me of the coworker I want to throttle on a work-daily basis.

Ru's workroom suit reminds me of Dippin' Dots

I have not yet read any of this thread yet

EDIT: Shangela's incredulous laugh at Bebe makes me happy

Edit 2: jfc even Bebe's little sniff, it's like my coworker has an older Cameroonian doppelganger

Edit 3: Seeing the makeup in progress is always so cool to me :allears:

Tendai fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 17, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Daaaaamn that's a lot of power for the eliminated queens this is gonna be good :allears:

final edit: It should have been Shangela and Trixie but I understand why Shangela didn't get in the top based on how that was decided, and I think Trixie and Kennedy both had good points in interviews and both worked hard so

I'm down

long may she reign

Tendai fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 17, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh, that actually checks out

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bebe covering Titus Andromedon covering Beyonce

I'd watch the poo poo out of that video

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I legit loved the music video it was just the right amount of talent and camp and Drag-Race-style low budget. :discourse:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Milk seems slightly more up his own rear end to me

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Exactly - Kennedy is capable. She does her job competently and she knows what she's doing. But there's no extra edge to it, nothing that makes me sit up and go "huh that's interesting" like Trixie and Ben's humor, or Shangela's general sense of going balls-out in everything.

That being said sometimes Kennedy says bitter old bitch things that resonate with me :v:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah my exposure to drag is pretty much RPDR, Dragula, and social media/Youtube. The nearest drag shows or even tours by Drag Race queens are generally about 5-7 hours away and often in the latter case in the middle of the week. Someday when I travel to civilization again I will go see live drag :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I forgot how agonizing it is waiting for a show to be translated because it's currently airing :argh:

• Locked thread