Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/1xv4...aels-and-alaska
Hope the link works...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

Dear Prudence posted:

Say what?!

*sound of tires squeeling as I roar off to watch*

Oh, that's right. season 1 had a whole FFR series about the looks. I watched the whole thing before I watched the show now that I think about it

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

Fun fact: Benben's elimination on season 6 was the exact moment I lost my infatuation with this show. It felt like the overproduced garbageness of it all has crossed a line and I've been mostly "meh" about it since. AS2 was enjoyable but being spoiled about it really ruined the fun.

I am enjoying the hell out of AS3

I disliked Shangie while watching S3 originally but now she is so friggin entertaining I LIVE
Ham it up mawma! Original Edwards represent! Gay adjective!

Willam dropped some hints about what to expect from this season and that combined with next week's preview makes me super hyped for it

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

I'm so into voguing right now

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

You will be mithed, sis

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Aja should have been chosen to be brought back.

While I love Aja lots after her stint here and would have loved for her to come back I feel like Ben made the fair choice. Aja already slayed this competition, give Morgan a chance. She's going home next episode anyway

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

Honestly it's not surprising to hear an old man spewing old fashioned views. I have heard that transgendered competitors had to act as cis-men since the beginning of the show (although they started using it in storylines around season 5), to the point where they had to take a break from taking hormones and other treatments for the duration of filming. The only difference is he said it out loud for once.
Ru might have provided a platform for drag to expand but the platform itself is very flawed and controlled by mainstream notions. It pushed on some boundaries but hardly broke any, it's other people that used the momentum to make real change.

As for my opinions of Ru... well, if you're surprised by any of this you haven't been paying attention.

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

Tracy said it best:
https://birf.tumblr.com/post/171544...ns-the-show-now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 28, 2010

Anus.

esperterra posted:

Yeah she relied on the contacts a lot, but I loved the sort-of payoff in AS1 when she and Alexis came out in those dope-rear end outfits wearing one each. Yara was just such an interesting queen in general, and honestly the first 'spooky' or out there queen on the show, really.

Nina. motherfucking. Flowers.

• Locked thread