Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
As much as I (inexplicably) love Aja I know she's going early on, if not immediately before Thorgy, then immediately after.
I also love how you can tell that Morgan is treating this like a regular season since it's been so long for her. She's trying to win and not just make a second, career boosting impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

As much as I (inexplicably) love Aja I know she's going early on, if not immediately before Thorgy, then immediately after.

1) VINDICATION hell yeah go Aja
2) I forgot about how eliminations worked on All Stars lmao nevermind this it's going to be Weakest Link levels of strategic elimination here.

I forget who it was saying that Ben was taking the supposed "pact" too seriously at the end there (Shangela?) but that was absolutely a calculated move disguised as Miss Congeniality vying for a "fair" competition. Ben won the mini challenge, the first challenge, and the first lipsync to glowing praise from every judge. There is no way in hell Morgan, should she have won, would let Ben stay after that. That was Ben saving her own rear end further down the line in case Morgan got top 2.
If she was eliminating based on judge critique she would have eliminated the queen who got read for her look and her performance, plus (at least to me) had a sort of defeated attitude in the workroom. It might have just been owning the mistakes but it came off as resignation to being kicked off.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

"How do you stand out performing as Stevie Nicks?" I dunno, Stevie Nicks did it so it MUST be possible.

Kennedy's eyes be looking in different time zones with those contacts in. I can't tell if they do that normally or if it's just the contact sitting wrong but it's just so jarring with that white.

Milk literally crying over safe was. It was like Alaska but not justified. Alaska at least that was the first time she'd ever been in the bottom after nearly 2 seasons. And then Milk literally just "i want someone to compliment me because im great" nah.

I feel like "pulls a jump rope out of her wig" is going to go down as one of the most underrated reveals in Drag Race history. Ben threw that in the second half, the sudden downswing in energy was super obvious.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

somnambulist posted:

“Come on Teletubby, teleport us to mars” is iconic and the best thing from the whole season.

I laughed out loud reading this again, I loving love Tammy Brown.
I was also gagged when Shangela pulled out that Chi Chi lipstick though, I thought for sure we'd have a double elimination and double win this time. (Followed swiftly by a double RuTurn episode later in the season to keep the episode count consistent)

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Sarcopenia posted:

I have to say that I'm surprised that so many people are surprised that Ben is doing this well? She knew who she was and was way more polished than any of the other queen of her season. If any queen should be mad about their season it should be her. Michelle had a total hate boner for her and it's super weird to see her all of a sudden be so down with what she does when that has always been what Ben does. Ben has always been polished but she's just a teeny bit more so now.

I've always said that the critiques on season 6 were...weird. They criticized Ben, Courtney, and Joslyn for doing the same things, wearing the same looks, and having the same characters throughout the entire season, meanwhile Bianca and Darienne did exactly that and were never once called out for it. Now that Ben's become a fan favorite and worked more with Michelle during the tours and such, Michelle is more...accepting? Of Ben's shtick that she used to be.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I'm just hoping that the reactions in the teaser for next week being "this is bullshit" etc are because Ru has changed up how the eliminated queens coming back works in a way that causes maximum drama. "Winning queen exchanges places with queen who sent her home" would be loving scrumptious and also cause the most outrage of any elimination ever, barring maybe Katya and Ben.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

If Ru spouting transphobic nonsense is news to you I'd love to see your time machine from the 1990s. Are the screens still CRT based?
He's always been a transphobic poo poo and I've hated that his opinions and judgement on what is and isn't drag has been at the forefront of mainstream appreciation of it for years. I'm glad that he's finally catching some loving heat about it, even though I know nobody will remember it in time for season 10 and he'll go back to being the drag darling of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

Cis straight drag is where I draw the line, because there's just no way for the to exist without being a mockery of gender nonconforming people.

I dunno, I feel like a cishet guy could conceivably do it if it was for the same reason. Straight guys are just as tied down and defined by toxic masculine stereotypes as gay people, and drag could be a healthy way for him to explore his feminine side. It's all about intent, honestly.

• Locked thread