Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

I love that there isn't an obvious frontrunner this season. Maaaaybe Trixie? Although that's more based on fan hype, I guess. I've managed to stay away from reddit spoilers this time around (secret queen aside), so I'm super hyped for this season :dance:

I'm going with Aja, Shangela and Chi Chi as my top picks, although Shangie seems like the best bet out of the three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

I've been rewatching S6 for Ben and Milk, and drat, all of Trinity K Bonet's lipsyncs are killer. I'm Every Woman, as previously mentioned, but Whatta Man and Vibeology as well.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Man, I'm bummed TKB wasn't on this season. It would be great to check back in on her after that redemption arc. Was she busy or something?

Yeah, I can't imagine her turning an offer down, so I'd say it's more likely she wasn't asked. Only a matter of time though, I guess :)
Come to think of it, I'd be happy to see any of the S6 queens (er, minus Magnolia) back for all stars. That was a great cast.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Mhmm, y'all slept on Aja :smug:

Loved Ben's performance but I was kinda surprised she won the lipsync. Felt like it must've been funnier in person.

Man, it's good to have Bebe back on our screens tho. Surreal but good. Is it safe to assume she's contractually guaranteed to stick around until the top 3/4 or something? I can't imagine a winner coming back for less, S1 winner or no

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

As soon as it cut from the Chi Chi title card to her in that outfit doing that weird jaunty elbow walk I knew she was dead and deserved it.

Yeah, seriously. I love Chi Chi, but oof. That was painful.

But she also gave us that moment where she mysteriously ate her earring, so it's not all bad :allears:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

The Katya one was pretty good, and so was the one with Jenifer Lewis (which had a cute Shangela story too iirc). I don't listen regularly though. It's a lot of Rupaul doing his guru shtick, Michelle oversharing about her kids' personal lives, and both of them whining about Kids These Days.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Courtney has made the Finals of Celebrity Big Brother, I'm assuming she'll take second at a minimum and probably win.

Thank god. I can barely stand to watch anymore but I’ve become embarrassingly invested in her success after seeing all the bullshit she’s put up with in the house.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Really not a fan of these designated character/choreography challenges. Thorgy could've done better with her characterisation for sure, but if those were the lines and choreography she was given then it's like a Katya and Diana situation all over again. And it's pretty dickish to show Thorgy pointing that out and have her seem paranoid for it. But whatever, I'm not sad to see her go either way.

Also they totally reused the same outro from the S9 Kardashian musical for the vh1 challenge which was weirdly lazy. Granted I probably wouldn't have noticed if the kardashian song hadn't been such an earworm for me, but still.

Aja looked so good as her revamped princess! :neckbeard: Shangela's hamsterball was great. The return of Kennedy's Long Night of Hooking look was a cool surprise but kinda doomed to be underwhelming. Girl should've just picked a new death.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Final Celebrity Big Brother Results:

Courtney wins, Ann took second. I'm so happy for her!!!!!

:hfive: 49% of the entire final vote!! So satisfying.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

God dammit Chi Chi, you didn't even prepare an answer for the caged bird question?!
Ugh. I love her, but it's like she just walked straight off season 8. Better outfits but like, zero refinement.

Shangela - I'm nitpicking but there's something a little too safe about impersonating someone you've worked for for years. I'm glad she made top 2 though because that lipsync was A+

Aja as Crystal was a perfect choice. Her general rudemption has been so great to watch :3:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Shangela would no doubt eliminate Ben if given the chance. And there's enough foreshadowing that it does feel like we're gearing up to see Ben land in the bottom two at some point. Still, it's hard to imagine her failing that hard to land in the bottom at all. Not unless it was one of those arbitrary "this week we're judging you as pairs instead of individuals" decisions that ends up dragging her down. Which I guess is possible :ohdear:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Yesss thanks for the episode link. I remember hearing that fan subs were being made but forgot to investigate further. Looks great so far! Fingers crossed we get an untucked as well.

Man, between this, AS3, and S10 starting right after AS3, it's a drat good time to be a drag race fan :D

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Aerox posted:

Don't mean to interrupt the current discussion, but Drag Race Thailand Episode 3 apparently got translated way faster than the last two did!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fgv9c

Subtitles can be turned on by clicking the icon in the upper right of the video and selecting them from the menu.

I'm really loving the hosts. They add a lot of fun to the challenges and their runway looks are so good, last week's especially!

poor Morrigan, leaving on her birthday. I must admit I teared up a little bit when they sang happy birthday to her straight after her elimination. That's pretty rough.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Toast Museum posted:

:stonk: Jesus Christ, is that what was going on? I guess I'll blame the lighting, but I did not pick up on that. Oof.
I hadn't picked up on that either, but looking back, it's a lot more noticeable when she's seated and not drowned out in that purple light. That ... certainly was a choice :stare:

Toast Museum posted:

I feel like I need to go back and look at some of the US sewing challenges, because these queens got read to filth for what I thought were mostly pretty good efforts, and I wonder how many of the US DIY looks would have passed muster for them. Like, Derrick Barry got read for her Wizard of Oz look, but Pangina might have literally murdered her on the runway.
Hahaha yeah, the bar's been set really high from the get go. I was surprised to see even the guest judges read the queens so much. It's kinda refreshing though to see the queens really get pushed to be creative. I feel like the runways we've been seeing in these later seasons of rpdr have been kinda lacklustre, AS2 aside.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

australian service STAN brings the goods. i think we have all seasons, all untucked and all allstars?

Everything except season 1.
I remember in Karen From Finance's interview with Hey Qween she mentioned it was because of her negotiation that Stan got on board, so I guess she's basically a certified national treasure at this point :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

seizure later posted:

the first 14 minutes of episode 1 of Season 10 is up

:neckbeard: this cast is looking really promising.

Blair St Clair's confessional made me double take tho. Who let that 12 year old boy wander onto the set

• Locked thread