Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Pellisworth posted:

Suck it, ShangeLLa.

8======D~~
8======D ---- ('cause it's going that way) >

I never personally cared for Thorgy's shtick but I can't help but wonder if sometimes there's some things being cut out. Like maybe there was a "I'm just kidding" part of that weird and petty mirror message. Like she is super petty and her attitude stinks but I can't help but think that the message wasn't as serious as it came off.
But thank god she's gone. If all is right in this world Milk will go too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman was probably one of the better quest judges. He brought the quips.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Pinwiz11 posted:

Apparently Katya, Manila, and Valentina were on ANTM last night, they were used in the photo shoots.
I grew up with ANTM so I will watch every episode no matter what. Their not there a lot. When they are Katya and Manila are amazing. Valentina is super lackluster though.

There was a MAGA girl who gets eliminated in the LGBT challenge and i am convinced that was what they intended.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Angelou has a really distinct way of talking that she clearly tried to emulate but holy poo poo if you can not be clever and play with words don't do her! Chichi did the same mistake that most non comedy queens do. She didn't stick to someone she normally would imitate when your having fun with your friends. She didn't chose someone who she felt comfortable with because she thought that you had to be super fancy and referential. What pop culture icon do you joke about and act out as with your friends? That's who you do.
I have to say that I'm surprised that so many people are surprised that Ben is doing this well? She knew who she was and was way more polished than any of the other queen of her season. If any queen should be mad about their season it should be her. Michelle had a total hate boner for her and it's super weird to see her all of a sudden be so down with what she does when that has always been what Ben does. Ben has always been polished but she's just a teeny bit more so now.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Aerox posted:

Episode 2 of Drag Race Thailand is up with English subtitles!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6f5ox1

Subtitles can be turned on by clicking the icon in the upper right of the video and selecting them from the menu.

This week, the girls get photographed by Bin Laden!

Daaaang. 15 minutes and non of those pictures looked bad to me. It feels kind of weird to see the pictures while the maxi challenge is happening and not having it be part of the runway. These girls are sooo talented.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

See, what I got out of RuPaul’s comments was his usual “drag is an illusion.” Trans people aren’t creating an illusion but living their true lives. Now, to me hypothetical trans person can also be a drag performer, but there we have Ru’s somewhat reductive concept of “drag” as an art form (she side-eyed the very idea of bald queens like Jujube a decade ago).

People are getting super-upset and as usual Ru is a problematic fav. :(

You probably meant Ongina but I'm just going to keep reading this as a wig snatch read on Juju.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I'll ever forget how Ru threw a hissy fit because he couldn't say tranny anymore and the show removing the Shemail gag.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

CHiRAL posted:

Nina. motherfucking. Flowers.

Yeah wtf???

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

The Berzerker posted:

Untucked
S2: Bitch, I am from Chicago!
S3: You could never have a sugar daddy
S4: It's not "RuPaul's Best Friends Race"
S5: Bitch sit yo rear end down and shut the gently caress up bitch!
S6: I'M FEELING VERY ATTACKED

Did I get it right?

I have to go with "What do you do succesfully?" for season 6.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
"Get her Jade!"
"Your tone seems very pointed right now."

And my favorite thing ever "Jesus is a biscuit, let him sup you up!"

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

Y'all ain't from the south, are ya?

Nope, I'm not even American. :(

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh poo poo, congratulations!

Thank you! I'm also black so I feel extra luckyh.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

that's such a cute way of phrasing it :3:

I wish I got to see more queens live. there's not many in my local scene in general (we literally have one gay bar in the whole city...) and the only RuGirl I've seen was ChiChi. she was great tho, that bitch can dance and she's so drat smiley and cute. the tickets were like $20 haha. I hope she's charging more now :allears:

ChiChi and Aja are already the real winners of All Stars 3 because they quashed all of the misconceptions of how they appeared on their season.
In ChiChi's season you could see that she was really in her head because of very real financial anxiety. This time around she didn't seem faced because the only difference there really was is probably that she found her self enjoying it because she didn't overthink everything. Bitch was just happy to be there. :3:
I would really like to see Trinity K Bonnet come back because I got that ChiChi vibe off of her where I could see her do better and be more enjoyable now when she doesn't feel the pressure as much. plus Trinnity's outfits where amaaaazing.

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 10, 2018

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Lol were they just all salty that Shangela send them home? Honestly Shangela and Ben were the only people I could see being the All Stars winner.
Trixie is a lovely lipsyncer and I doubt she won based on what ever that was.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I don't really see the pity party speech thing some people are talking about with Kennedy. It just seemed like she was being honest and basically saying what most people are already saying and thinking. She needs this way more. I don't think she should have the crown or that she should have lipsynced over Shangela because something I can't put my finger on is just lacking for Drag Race but drat. She didn't even get her redemption because just like last time around she is seen as someone who basically stole a spot from someone else.
When I heard that she is always overlooked at shows and fans only approach her as an afterthought or because the lines are too long for the other queens I got really sad. She is one of the best performers of the show and definitively in my top 5 of queens I would want to see live.
I'm pretty bummed that I didn't get to see Shangela's children's birthday party entertainer act though. Even if it would have utterly failed it would have made that lackluster lipsynch entertaining. i also kind of feel like that song was a bad choice and miiiight have been skewed in Trixie's favor because she would most likely have been scalped in a high energy number with someone like Kennedy. It's probably for the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
With the whole Sharon mess I think that a huge issue was that the bar had literally never had a POC perform there and then they brought in someone who had a history of doing blackface and using racial slurs in their show.
I don't think someone should get chastised forever for making a dumb mistake but if that person vehemently defended their right to do something they knew (and maybe because it) was controversial and will make a vulnerable minority feel uncomfortable and unsafe then I think that it's fair for certain people not to trust them. I'm sure Sharon has changed but people are allowed to distrust her and not get over it.

• Locked thread