Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It might be because I just watched her season but I'm expecting Chi Chi to go big here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I like seeing Bebe back if only for the eventuality of an All Winners season.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Poulpe posted:

Yeah, I've been thinking this since the beginning too. People reeeaaaally love her and All Stars seems to be a mechanism for propelling fan favs to stardom.

She really seems to be everywhere all of a sudden which hardly seems coincidental, even getting a Funko Pop before any regular season winner.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

gays fashion posted:

Edit: For content, spoilered in case anyone hasn't seen the preview: I love the idea of another improv challenge outside of the snatch game. Based on the theme and the Bitchelor looks that they showed, I bet BenDeLaCreme is going to slay on this one too. Bebe and Milk will probably struggle though.

Theory: I think this is the acting challenge not the improv, one of the judges says something to Trixie about having her lines stepped on, and the guests are from the cast of UnReal, which starts up in a few weeks too.

I have to say, I wasn't feeling Ben during the casting announcements but there was a moment during the Julie Andrews verse where I just saw the look on her face and that look said, "loving professional."

Weird question but did the cuts feel stranger this episode? I didn't look up who directed the ep but I don't recall ever seeing a shot of the back of Ru facing the judges until last night.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I don't know that DeLa threw this lip sync but I can't imagine she was ready for three different lip syncs against three different Queens. I would guess at this stage in the game, you plan to do it once, maybe twice and plan your reveals / gimmicks around that. Alaska had what, 4 LSFYL in AS2? Ben has already done 3 with 6 episodes to go.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Agreed 100%, the Stand Up challenge is usually one of the most cringe inducing train wrecks.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Laganja caused me to physically cringe away from the TV during hers. ooof.

Roxxy as the MC in AS2 was the perfect time to go get a snack.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I am dying to click those but if they are as half as good as you guys are insinuating, I want to go in blind as hell.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The episode just really felt like filler. Maybe it was because I had a few drinks or the nature of the challenge but it seemed like we got to the runway super quickly and then the episode was over. I guess we needed one more queen for the RuVenge but hopefully things speed up now that there are so few episodes left.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

RE: The Chop / BEXIT, I'm sure the pressure of having had to potentially kick off 5 people in 6 weeks, mixed with that knowledge that one misstep means everyone else is aiming to send you home and the inner turmoil of wanting to be a good person with all of it being televised just got to be too much. It would be one thing if others were carrying the weight more often, but in the Age of the Internet, anything less than Ben winning would have resulted in a lifetime of trolling..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I can understand the issues with the fat suit and props but after 9 seasons and 2 runs of All Stars I see embracing it as a sign of confidence. The lip sync is such a major part of the show that the performance is not just about saving yourself / administering the chop but also creating iconic moments for yourself. All the Queens knew what the format was going to be, so not having a plan to me demonstrates that you didn't necessarily believe in yourself enough to think that far ahead. I think it was part of why Ben floundered in the lip syncs after winning the first one.

• Locked thread