Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Ready to watch Tracy Martel slay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

I once said that Kasha Davis was someone's dad they let compete.

If you pretend that Aja is the annoying little brother they let play too, he's so much more palatable.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Shangela is going to be one to watch this time around. Her makeup was gorgeous. And now she can dance.

The only way I see her losing early is if they make her do filth or horror drag.

She got house of Edwards style for days.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

This week Shangela just MURDERED it. She was gorgeous as Mariah and her runway was amazing. And next week is a comedy challenge. poo poo. Her acting the diva the whole time is almost as entertaining as Willam was in float your boat.

I can admit that Bendela did a great job as Julie Andrews but I just want some confidence out of her. And I'm tired of the showgirl silhouette.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

My wife and I were discussing Bob the Drag queen, Thorgys nemesis. I thought Bob wouldn't have made top 3 in seasons 2-6 because his looks weren't there. She disagreed. What do you think?

GrandmaParty fucked around with this message at Feb 5, 2018 around 19:23

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Pellisworth posted:

fyi Snatch Game picks:

Trixie - RuPaul
ChiChi - Maya Angelou
Ben - Paul Lynde

I dunno Ben, you can probably pull that off but it's a questionable choice imo.

God drat it Ben, you're trying so hard to win my heart. I LOVE that person.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

I want a losers of drag race season. First one out in every season competes. Complete rudemption.

Judges are Santino, Toddrick and Merle.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

I hope the song next week is 9 to 5 and it shows Trixie just making a stink face.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Season 3 is worth watching for Snatch Game. Yara Sofia does the best Amy winehouse I've ever seen.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Czolgosz posted:

Also, not Untucked, but I constantly say to my dog, "what are you doing? Young lady, what are you doing? " from Katya's RuGrets.

This is also me.

Also this year we're hiring joslyn fox for drag bingo.

I swear to God the person answering her emails is her pretending to be her own booking manager.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

cis autodrag posted:

For me, it's too much like white people rocking dreadlocks. A cis straight guy has too much power to participate on equal footing. It's cultural appropriation. Cis straight guys created all the gender structures we're trapped in and they don't get to be in our club until they, as a group, fix their poo poo.

Lol at you telling someone they can't do something because of how they were born.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

holy poo poo lol this is such a cheap false equivalence
why don't we have a straight pride???

I'm going to call out intolerance when I see it. I don't give a poo poo whether it's pointed at you or pointed at me.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Pellisworth posted:

It's actually just fine for minorities to have their own things where the majority isn't welcome to some extent.

Just because you disagree with her doesn't make her opinion an intolerant one.

Drag is part of queer counterculture. Ballroom culture a la Paris is Burning in particular is a safe space for mostly PoC queer people to express themselves and win approval where they were excluded by mainstream culture.

I agree. I can understand how marginalized races, genders and classes can feel uncomfortable discussing these issues. I'm uncomfortable discussing these issues and I'm the majority. But saying "You're not welcome here" or "You can't do this" is a lot different than saying:

quote:

You'd need to be respectful and mindful

GrandmaParty fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2018 around 04:11

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

cis autodrag posted:

Maybe if you want queer people to trust and respect you as a cis het man, stop acting like you're loving entitled to everyone else's poo poo and wait for an invitation. It's not your culture and boohoo for you that there's one place in the world that you can't just barge in dick swinging. You are the exact reason straight cis men don't belong in drag.

I actually thought about this for a long time and had some mad thoughts.

I'm 100% behind the idea that society should be accepting of people of all races and genders and orientations and that we need to work hard to fix a lot of things.

I'm not a big enough person to say "I'll fight for things to be equal but you can do these things without me." I can understand the rationale behind it but I can't support it.

Everyone should be able to say that society is bullshit and attack societal norms and expectations, even if you're the privileged majority. People should be taken on an individual basis.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

I'm switching to drag race Thailand. Much more fierce.

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Replace the entire us judging panel with the Thai judging panel. The Thai RPDR is so loving phenomenal.

Pangina is such an immensely talented queen. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd6cXC3B0rt/?hl=en

GrandmaParty fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2018 around 04:47

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Hug in a Can posted:

speaking of Drag Race Thailand and seeing live performances, Pangina is coming to Chicago this spring check her Instagram and see if she's coming to any other cities for an American tour! Karen from Finance, too!

poo poo. I looked and didn't see it. When's she coming?

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

Noise Machine posted:

So I tried to buy an "Oooooo SHUT UP" t-shirt from Kennedy, and my girlfriend was instructed to message her assistant on FB. After 10 minutes it was totally clear it was Kennedy's cousin helping her sell merch.

I'm trying to book Joslyn Fox right now.

She's pretending to be her own agent and hoping I don't notice. I'm laughing at every email.

Edit: Pangina announced May 24 for Chicago. Boooo

GrandmaParty fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2018 around 14:33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandmaParty
Jan 31, 2003

Biscuit Hider

endolithic posted:

Drag Race Thailand is so loving good, ya'll.

That was a good Snatch Game and I didn't know most of the impressions. It helped that actual celebrity participants were actually funny and interesting, themselves, too.

I love that Art and Panpan put themselves on the table for reading. I understand why nobody did, because they are perfect and beautiful even if they don't look like Linda Evangelista. I also just realized that they don't have the judging desk in front of them, so they are in full drag full time just like the contestants.

I think I may love Pangina too much. Please send help.

Pangina has so much talent it's sickening. Between the waacking, makeup and lip syncs, Pangina is an amazing queen and such a better judge than someone who has everything done for him or her.

• Locked thread