Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

stevobob posted:

This thread STARTED LIKE THIS

but ended like this.

:rip: thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
BACK TO WITNESS loving EXCELLENT WELDS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ultimateforce posted:

My shop got broken into.

poo poo.

What's missing?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Who ever broke in just trashed the place. The guy who agreed to split rent with me decided to move to Arizona. This is going great and not at all a huge disaster.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
That loving sucks dude. You still in Orlando? How much does a shop like that even rent for?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

ultimateforce posted:

Who ever broke in just trashed the place. The guy who agreed to split rent with me decided to move to Arizona. This is going great and not at all a huge disaster.

Man that sucks

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

That loving sucks dude. You still in Orlando? How much does a shop like that even rent for?

Yes, and $900 a month.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
poo poo get sorted or is it still poo poo?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I'm making Honda K series swap for RWD cars and want to see why I got this K24A2 for $250?

It's gunked to poo poo and ate something on the inside. Sorry no pics of the shop because it's just poo poo stacked everywhere. I'm still working 58hrs a week (minimum) at work so I don't really do much but sit in the office and think about the mistakes I've made in life.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Hey got screwed by cheap K24 buddy. :( :respek: :(

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I want to K24 swap an E30.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Lightbulb Out posted:

Well when I get this block stripped and cleaned this weekend it’s off to get laser scanned.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Lightbulb Out posted:

Could be interesting in my AE86, and probably offend someone.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

There are a bunch of K swapped Corollas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ultimateforce posted:

Korolla.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

ultimateforce posted:

Huh. Hadn't researched it yet. Makes sense.

Rhyno posted:

Korolla.

Heh.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rhyno posted:

Korolla.

K-Rolla :whatup:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Huh. Hadn't researched it yet. Makes sense.

You know what you need to do now.....

The idea alone makes me want to build my own Korolla

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You know what you need to do now.....

Put a rotary in it, obviously.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Better to K a FWD Celica(pick a gen, any gen) than a Corolla, the lost sleeper factor is more than made up for with the massively better rear suspension.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Everyone pretend this is what I said.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

NumbersMatching320 posted:

Better to K a FWD Celica(pick a gen, any gen) than a Corolla, the lost sleeper factor is more than made up for with the massively better rear suspension.

Just for reference, we're not talking about FWD poo poo.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

NumbersMatching320 posted:

FWD though :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Put a rotary in it, obviously.

Uh yeah that will work too :)

Anything but the stock motor, and no point putting a 4AGE in it unless you were gonna build a GTS clone or something.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Uh yeah that will work too :)

Anything but the stock motor, and no point putting a 4AGE in it unless you were gonna build a GTS clone or something.

No doubt. Pretty much anything slightly modern will put out more power than the 4AC, and the 4AGE is not terribly cost-effective (especially when it's not not plug-n-play because it's not an EFI GT-S) nor a powerhouse. Plus, finding a RWD 4AGE is slightly difficult, and if you're going to have to mod an engine to get it in there anyway, why bother with stock-ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I've had a few 4AGEs in my long list of cars, none of them RWD, but they were definitely nothing to write home about although better than a carbed single cam. A modern 4cyl swap is a great idea for older RWD cars, hell I've been pretty impressed with the 2.4 2AZFE in my xB, that would make a great donor too I think, but the Honda K seems like the best supported out there right now. Lotta Miata people going with K swaps lately.

• Locked thread