Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
come post about being any sort of queer or trans person u are because u all are cool as gently caress and part of my queer fam, much love namaste

ALSO: please feel free to pm me if you have any questions about being queer you would rather not have posted publicly! I am very wise and a wizard banished me to the No Judgment Zone for all eternity

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 2, 2018

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
e.g. i'm gay; i like kissing girls

Robot Made of Meat

AverySpecialfriend posted:

e.g. i'm gay; i like kissing girls

:( Am I doing the gay thing wrong? I like kissing guys.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
btw just to be clear here this thread isn't actually ironic, i'm gay and want a gay hangout

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Robot Made of Meat posted:

:( Am I doing the gay thing wrong? I like kissing guys.

if u are also a guy then u are doing it very correctly

wwry
i was about to post in here but saw it wasnt ironic..i have no problem with that but nothing to contribute. if oyu could contribute even the smallest amount of money to my family id be very grateful

Robot Made of Meat

if u are also a guy then u are doing it very correctly

Whew!

Robot Made of Meat

I've been gay for a very long time. It used to make me unhappy, but one day I realized that it wasn't going away, and that the real problem wasn't me or being gay, but it was other people and their attitudes. That was still a problem, but it was kind of an epiphany that helped me have a better attitude toward myself and toward life in general.

wwry
if i was gay id love myself more because it would mean that i knew something about myself.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

I've been gay for a very long time. It used to make me unhappy, but one day I realized that it wasn't going away, and that the real problem wasn't me or being gay, but it was other people and their attitudes. That was still a problem, but it was kind of an epiphany that helped me have a better attitude toward myself and toward life in general.

its a long and difficult process to internalize that yes it is okay to be queer but i'm glad you're getting there :unsmith: i wish i could just live on happy queer island with all the lovely queer folks in the world where nobody is ever mean and i don't have to look both ways if i'm holding a girl's hand in public

----------------

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
tbh I'm not sure what I am and it's hard to deal with sometimes.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Olive! posted:

tbh I'm not sure what I am and it's hard to deal with sometimes.

:sympathy: questioning is a difficult place to be in. the best advice i can offer personally is to kind of just go with the flow and trust your gut, which kind of sucks as advice because it's unsatisfying and there's no 'ah-ha!' to it to bring closure to all your questions, but, idk if that closure really exists. i think that's a lie straight people made up that you can know yourself so definitely like that.

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
I freaked out about gender for like 2 months straight like a year ago so I guess Im gay now

Its weird cuz gender and sexuality are two different things but hey brains are messed up, who cares

----------------

Philippe

(she/her)

Im amab, nonbinary and genderfluid!

Gender is hard

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah its hosed up because like on the one hand it's a system of societal control that is itself constantly in crisis

But on the other hand there's nail polish

----------------

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Chasterson posted:

I freaked out about gender for like 2 months straight like a year ago so I guess Im gay now

Its weird cuz gender and sexuality are two different things but hey brains are messed up, who cares

My spicy heterodox stance is that gender and sexuality aren't really different things when you drill down far enough conceptually, they are inextricably bound and sexuality can only exist in relation to your own embodied self conception, what you think is sexy to perform for a partner, what you want to have happen to your body, etc.

Here's a song I like it's very gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_6PmLor9M

alnilam

This song was written as a cheer up song for gay ppl who are feeling rejected by society it's really pretty

https://youtu.be/GTx6YE7W3tc

this whole album is beautiful and is a story of love and pining and loss all sung by a woman about a woman

anyway I'm not particularly gay though i have experimented a little, so i can't contribute much but here have this lovely song from a very cool radical queer band

by R. Guyovich

I've been gay for a very long time. It used to make me unhappy, but one day I realized that it wasn't going away,

It's my understanding that Jesus can help.

----------------

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

This song was written as a cheer up song for gay ppl who are feeling rejected by society it's really pretty

https://youtu.be/GTx6YE7W3tc

this whole album is beautiful and is a story of love and pining and loss all sung by a woman about a woman

anyway I'm not particularly gay though i have experimented a little, so i can't contribute much but here have this lovely song from a very cool radical queer band

was it you who recommended lovers!! they're on my spotify follow and i forgot when i added them

----------------

alnilam

yeah it was moi

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

yeah it was moi

thanks im listening now they dont have the older stuff on spotify though and their newer music is very different but still good

alnilam

yeah they changed a lot when Caroline had a car crash or something, i like their older stuff better but both are v good

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
al can you change the thread tag i actually really don't like the swastika

alnilam

al can you change the thread tag i actually really don't like the swastika

k done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5mRvkAePU

ty manifisto

alnilam

holy poo poo it really is hard to find taht old lovers albujm but it's really good if oyu want it please pm me and iwill uh,.... help you finf it

ty manifisto

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
ok i will buy pms soon and you will help me go on a scavenger hunt for queer tunes

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm super fuckin queer and it's good as hell and i recommend it. married to a lady (for now--we're getting a divorce due to personal reasons even tho we're real good friends still), i'm an enby femme, and right now my boyfriend is fuckin fantastic and maybe the nicest, sweetest, kindest heart i've ever known. he gets it.

my house is the queer house on the block, full of queer people and some good as heck animals. we got a ticket, already, from the city, for having a big ol' pink and black flag outside because "that's p*litical!" and i just went in and paid it and laughed the whole time while reminding them that the ACLU is already suin' them for related reasons.

avery avery avery! i'll get you PMs if you want, because alnilam has the best recs for music, for real. plus then we can send pictures of kittens.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
e: this post was a downer

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 23, 2018

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

alnilam

avery i would buy you a plat cert but of course the classic plat cert paradox is how do i get it to you if you don't have pms!!

ty manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

avery i would buy you a plat cert but of course the classic plat cert paradox is how do i get it to you if you don't have pms!!

an admin can apply it if you send some kinda information to them, smythe just did it in qcs for someone

----------------

hemale in pain

Im gay

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

hamjobs posted:

i'm super fuckin queer and it's good as hell and i recommend it. married to a lady (for now--we're getting a divorce due to personal reasons even tho we're real good friends still), i'm an enby femme, and right now my boyfriend is fuckin fantastic and maybe the nicest, sweetest, kindest heart i've ever known. he gets it.

my house is the queer house on the block, full of queer people and some good as heck animals. we got a ticket, already, from the city, for having a big ol' pink and black flag outside because "that's p*litical!" and i just went in and paid it and laughed the whole time while reminding them that the ACLU is already suin' them for related reasons.

avery avery avery! i'll get you PMs if you want, because alnilam has the best recs for music, for real. plus then we can send pictures of kittens.

*strokes chin* hmm yes the data is in and the evidence clearly shows that being queer is good. Sic the alcu tf on the city if they got a problem with ur dope flag forreal

alnilam posted:

If u pm it to my good pal hamjobs I can get it that way. Also thank you both for offering!! Much appreciated

:hai:

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 23, 2018

Scaly Haylie

i'm bi but oftentimes that means i feel gay about my boyfriend, and lemme just tell you the emotion of being gay is jusy swell, friends.

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
and me too I'm gay as well

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
hi im homosexual and i love my fiance/boyfriend a lot, he's perfect.

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

FreshCutFries

hello gay thread. im probably bi but im not goign to find out for sure as long as i live in the american midwest. everyone who is openly queer is ridiculously strong in my eyes. ok bye gay thread.

impure flutter

i had some gay sex this week and i found out i don't really like it they stink. where can i apply to be a les-bian ?

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I'm the gayest one.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
FYI I didn't come out to mom till I was 23. I kept posting about it... It is recommended to be gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

I never officially came out to my mom, but when my partner and I bought a house at 25, she pretty much knew.

Yay for being an upper Midwesterner, I guess?

• Locked thread