Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

But enough about my date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, I feel like if you were in the Barclays Center tonight unless they didn't air a bunch of awesome matches you'd probably feel pretty robbed after that show.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

Oh yeah there's a Royal Rumble match next week, who knew

This is the dumbest part of this whole show. They had a TON of past watchers tuning into this anniversary show with the chance to get them hooked again. And they deliver that sorry excuse for a show. Holy poo poo.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I haven't watched WWE in 15 years, but now that I know KANE is still around, I'm hooked again!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
SCSA delivered a stunner to Vince and Shane that was plenty for me

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

IF I BOOKED IT:

BBBRRRAAAUUUUNNN flips the manhattan center around 9:00pm est, and throughout the show we cut to him crushing old legends and occasionally throwing kane and brock lesnar through things

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I haven't watched WWE in 15 years, but now that I know KANE is still around, I'm hooked again!

This is the right opinion

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
the best part of raw was when hhh retconned dx into being present for the very first episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

That had to have been the worst-structured, worst-paced Raw I've seen in recent memory. God almighty.

When will they learn that multi-venue shows are a terrible, terrible, terrible idea?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

This is the dumbest part of this whole show. They had a TON of past watchers tuning into this anniversary show with the chance to get them hooked again. And they deliver that sorry excuse for a show. Holy poo poo.
It was nice seeing you all again. They had a chance to grab me and fed me one of the worst things I've ever sat through in my entire life.

I will continue to watch the Rumble, Summerslam, and Wrestlemania and not overcomplicate my life with anything more than that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

the best part of raw was when hhh retconned dx into being present for the very first episode.

That was the Kliq, which I like to think he pretends was just DX before they changed the name.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That was the Kliq, which I like to think he pretends was just DX before they changed the name.

Hell, they brought out Scott Hall for the DX reunion anyway :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

It was nice seeing you all again. They had a chance to grab me and fed me one of the worst things I've ever sat through in my entire life.

I will continue to watch the Rumble, Summerslam, and Wrestlemania and not overcomplicate my life with anything more than that.

Well I'm hoping we'll have a blast in the Rumble thread anyway :)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you told me they threw that show together five hours ago, I don't think I could come up with a counter argument. Woof.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you told me they threw that show together five hours ago, I don't think I could come up with a counter argument. Woof.

Probably a lot of truth to this

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

after watching Wrestle Kingdom I was starting to question why I bother with WWE anymore, so I'm glad they put on this show tonight

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Look at the bright side, Naito has a bunch of new material to use against Jericho after tonight!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

They didn't even do the mega brawl for the Rumble :negative:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oof at people who shelled out $500 to watch some cruiserweights, a go-nowhere Bray/Hardy match, the repeat of every other time DX has reunited (with added Scott Hall, admittedly), and a burial of young talent.

e: We've finally gotten to the "Cena puts over everyone" stage of his career and they can't even make that satisfying!

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Did they send the Manhattan center home after that because lol owned

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Look at the bright side, Naito has a bunch of new material to use against Jericho after tonight!

Jericho's segment was good.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

D.N. Nation posted:

Oof at people who shelled out $500 to watch some cruiserweights, a go-nowhere Bray/Hardy match, the repeat of every other time DX has reunited (with added Scott Hall, admittedly), and a burial of young talent.

e: We've finally gotten to the "Cena puts over everyone" stage of his career and they can't even make that satisfying!

What was the original ticket price?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Well I'm hoping we'll have a blast in the Rumble thread anyway :)
I'll be at a big party at a local bar/board game store (it's a thing) for the Rumble, so I probably won't post, but have fun, y'all!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I feel bad for those people that paid to go to the Manhattan Center...

https://twitter.com/BTuckerTorch/status/955654557509419008

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/955640676506484736

https://www.twitter.com/MrJonBradley/status/955642719338139648

https://twitter.com/MikePWInsider/status/955643689648447488

https://twitter.com/hashbrojones/status/955631492805349376

https://twitter.com/Its0nlyRachel/status/955632380399816704

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

bradzilla posted:

Is it just me or have they barely built up the Rumble match at all this year?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bradzilla posted:

That better be the end of Smackdown tomorrow :mad:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Professor Funk posted:

Is it just me or have they barely built up the Rumble match at all this year?

It's been like that most recent years... it's like they feel they don't nee to do any built to it because it's The Rumble. Just so loving lazy these days, I swear...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Astro7x posted:

It's been like that most recent years... it's like they feel they don't nee to do any built to it because it's The Rumble. Just so loving lazy these days, I swear...

WWE: If we don't mention it, maybe people won't have favorites that they cheer and chant for instead of Roman? :shobon:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the people who willingly paid 300 dollars for a Raw simulcast got exactly what they deserved

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is what these shows always are so no shock on my part really that nothing earth shattering happened. Vince looks like he's dropping a lot of weight pretty quickly, not usually a great sign. Stone Cold segment wasn't as good as some other ones they've done in the past but hey, it's hard to mess that up.

The biggest surprise of the night was that they like, wrote a final chapter for the Godfather storyline. I liked it though, it was very pleasant and sincere, rare for American wrestling to even hover around those concepts. Jericho doing comedy was also a bit of a surprise/slightly jarring, but not unwelcome. He might be more over now than ever.

It would've been nice for the women to have some more storylines there, even as packed as that all was. Maybe the next nostalgia show? Kelly Kelly remains amazing.

If Matt is going to get crazier then I guess losing makes sense but he really needs out of this feud badly. Cena and Elias was better than the last time they tried this. I liked Miz/Roman for what it was.

Shawn Michaels has really lost it which is extremely sad, but I always enjoy Triple H at least turning a crowd that was like 95% hostile into maybe like 30% hostile with his standard NXT speech. As someone who only watches NXT on like one or two Takeovers a year, I've never really seen what people see in the Revival, although I remain open minded, but, not mournful that they ended up being the guys fed to DX tonight. But for a guy who's booked as inconsistently as Finn is booked someone really likes the dude and that was a big rub (and all his weird losses are usually protected in commentary even though that doesn't really mean anything in 2018).

All in all, a fairly bad show, but it's probably necessary they do these every other year or so.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao yeah how weird that Jericho of all people did a comedy skit, he's always so serious

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Oof, they really shouldn't have bothered having a match there and a crowd if they were just gonna put on one match and have Undertaker and DX show up. The ticket sales aren't worth pissing people off, and doubly so if they end up caving and refunding tickets anyway. I'm not one to advocate for running the roster into the ground with extra travel, but with so few matches televised across the card you must've been able to put together more matches just for the crowd in Manhattan, house show style.

Beyond that, they really should have had Balor club and DX going all over the place taking photos with people and signing autographs, super lame to have them just standing there in the ring even if the crowd had turned on the whole shebang.

Jericho they could have done more with given how hot he is right now, but who knows how much he wants to do this Wrestlemania season between Fozzy and everything else.

And give me an old school 15 dudes fighting in the ring to close out Smackdown and I'll be fine, hyping the Women's Rumble and a few "I'm gonna enter the Rumble and win it" promos/declarations are fine for me, the traditional big brawl is just the cherry on top. If there are any PPVs you don't need to build to in order to get my interest it's RR and WM.

Don't get me wrong I always want well built PPVS and stories, but those two need them far less than others.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

bradzilla posted:

lmao yeah how weird that Jericho of all people did a comedy skit, he's always so serious

Thanks for reading.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rick posted:

Thanks for reading.

95% of the WWE audience doesn't know NJPW exists, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

why couldn't they just have the whole fuckin raw there. that was like the one actually cool throwback

• Locked thread