Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

this is a great photo because it represents canada so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MeTheCookieLady/status/1783564460092793144?t=Y1RROvzZv9snsIAz_JNrPw&s=19

Just like the cops to voice support for a known troublemaker and then helpfully point him to where he can scream at the PM on the condition that he doesn't swear.

gently caress the cops.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

swearing is the worst thing you can do in canada dont ya know

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Fr*g off Lahey

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

infernal machines posted:

why would these people vote?

Same reason most people vote; spite.

cock hero flux posted:

who?

this post become ironic while i was writing it, when clicked reply i genuinely couldn't remember who the gently caress andrew scheer was. he has zero mental staying power for me

He was a very normal guy who famously used to live in a house, just like you. In fact, it was this house! *walks into a house

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I got nothin' more to add... except that the Crown, and Lahey, can go gently caress themselves.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/MeTheCookieLady/status/1783564460092793144?t=Y1RROvzZv9snsIAz_JNrPw&s=19

Just like the cops to voice support for a known troublemaker and then helpfully point him to where he can scream at the PM on the condition that he doesn't swear.

gently caress the cops.

should be fired over this, will probably get promoted.

Paint it in oils and people would say you were being too heavy handed. The averted eyes and the way he leans over into her personal space is perfect. Everyone else looking away is just the cherry on top.

gently caress this country

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
everyone else looking away is the best/worst/most indicative of society here

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

For the history books

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

who?

this post become ironic while i was writing it, when clicked reply i genuinely couldn't remember who the gently caress andrew scheer was. he has zero mental staying power for me

how can you ever forget the greatest bit of cringe comedy ever filmed in Canada?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_V76k5xa4c

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

why is the provincial legislature so fixated on symbols related to foreign policy, a realm the feds are wholly responsible for?

how did this ban start?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the speaker said the keffiyeh is being used to make a "political statement", which is not allowed in the legislature, and despite everyone else thinking that's a bad call, it's the speaker's call to make.

quote:

“In consideration of the geopolitical situation in the Middle East, the keffiyeh now holds strong political connotations affected by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and wearing the scarf in the Legislative Assembly would be considered a political statement.”

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Apr 26, 2024

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

guy in Calgary was operating a halal goat abattoir out of his garage lol. he says he was helping his community because meat and food is so expensive these days.

on one hand I completely understand the desire to make yer own food and feed those around you, especially when poo poo is so expensive

on the other hand can we not please stress the health system further by accidentally food poisoning dozens of people because some rando dude butchered some goats next to his shop vac

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

the speaker said the keffiyeh is being used to make a "political statement", which is not allowed in the legislature, and despite everyone else thinking that's a bad call, it's the speaker's call to make.

ah, well. nevertheless

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

everyone else looking away is the best/worst/most indicative of society here

Everyone except the Brown staffers in the back

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Lol so basically a rule that says “no politics in the politics room, please”

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

politics? in MY legislature??

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/7ZE0TuKTpo4?si=-Tyow6SG99aLGSfD

a little haha to end or start your day

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Hard to beat that Rick Mercer segment but in an effort to provide a french option to classic segments/sketches and fulfill imaginary bilingual content requirements,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1p52z6XEmI

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

a primate posted:

Lol so basically a rule that says “no politics in the politics room, please”

CLAM DOWN posted:

politics? in MY legislature??

yeah, westminster parliaments are a real party. it's all goofy as hell.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

digitalist posted:

Hard to beat that Rick Mercer segment but in an effort to provide a french option to classic segments/sketches and fulfill imaginary bilingual content requirements,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1p52z6XEmI

The West Island do be like that though.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The West Island do be like that though.

More like the waste island :smug:

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

digitalist posted:

More like the waste island :smug:

Lac-St-Pooey always had an interesting smell to it...

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Who called it? Come collect your prize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykeE0TWq6QY

CBC had one of these Dr. Bozos on Maritime Morning today crying about an effective 8% tax increase on retirement drawdown as the death-knell for all of national healthcare.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
when I was five years old, I told my mama I wanted to be a private corporation with a complicated tax arrangement

sure would be ironic if we started exporting doctors instead of trying to slurp 'em all up from any poorer country

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I love the people whining about how they're going to be taxed even more when they inherit the family cottage and might not be able to afford to keep it at all, despite the fact that to pay any tax at all you'd have to also be inheriting a primary residence and most if not all other assets your parents had tax-free.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I mean, it would suck if I'd been told all this funky tax shelter stuff was the way to go and all my money was set up for it and then sike now it doesn't work quite as well

but that's the risk, no telling what future taxes look like. taxing it all as income is and was always an option!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiZKpxpZWes

It's like every week now that Alberta is doing some radical reform to the political architecture of the province

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

pokeyman posted:

I mean, it would suck if I'd been told all this funky tax shelter stuff was the way to go and all my money was set up for it and then sike now it doesn't work quite as well

but that's the risk, no telling what future taxes look like. taxing it all as income is and was always an option!

The idea that these people are incapable of drawing down $250k/ yr so that there is zero impact to their taxation instead of everything all at once is the thing that drives me insane about this.

Poor retired doctor on a fixed income four times the median household in the country.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiZKpxpZWes

It's like every week now that Alberta is doing some radical reform to the political architecture of the province

Only 3 more years to go! wee!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Is there a lot of municipal resistance to the provincial government in Alberta or is this just loving around with things to see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Dreylad posted:

Is there a lot of municipal resistance to the provincial government in Alberta or is this just loving around with things to see what happens

i think this is more of them trying to insulate municipalities from federal government help