Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

the boston pizza experience is going to a generic restaurant to pay a 10x markup for digiornio or, if you're feeling adventurous, for spaghetti with classico's sauce on it

:agreed: classico is great @ $2 on sale, get the pesto and don't buy pasta at lovely fast-casual restaurants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

vyelkin posted:

the boston pizza experience is going to a generic restaurant to pay a 10x markup for digiornio or, if you're feeling adventurous, for spaghetti with classico's sauce on it

The Keg experience is what you get if you had some corporate-type rear end in a top hat go to a proper steakhouse and then try to replicate the experience by hiring exclusively 20-something alcoholics, just with a far worse wine list.

They trick you into thinking their food isn't poo poo, because the restaurant looks nice, but it's still garbage.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus gently caress even this thread is talking about the keg too, loving canpol

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Risky Bisquick posted:

:agreed: classico is great @ $2 on sale, get the pesto and don't buy pasta at lovely fast-casual restaurants

Yep, save your money for restaurants that are actually good and can do something that can't be trivially accomplished by any semi-proficient cook at home.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
better yet buy a proper pasta cookbook and learn to make your own sauce for a million times better eating, also impress all your friends by making proper food for them

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

vyelkin posted:

better yet buy a proper pasta cookbook and learn to make your own sauce for a million times better eating, also impress all your friends by making proper food for them

On the other hand sometimes you get lazy, which is generally when you'd go to a poo poo-tier place like The Keg or BP, in which case "boil pasta and pour sauce out of jar" is an attractive option.

But, yeah, learning how to cook well is awesome and everyone should do it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
if you want actual canpol talk, wibur ross is real mad that Trudeau signed TPP

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DariusLikewise posted:

I live in a town in Canada where the Keg is literally the only fine dining restaurant, help

My town's highest rated restaurant on Yelp is a fry truck. Would way rather eat there than the keg.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PT6A posted:

On the other hand sometimes you get lazy, which is generally when you'd go to a poo poo-tier place like The Keg or BP, in which case "boil pasta and pour sauce out of jar" is an attractive option.

But, yeah, learning how to cook well is awesome and everyone should do it.

thats how i lived when i was a 20yo undergrad, now im a real adult and make almost a weeks worth of food on the weekend so i never have to cook when i feel lazy

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Postess with the Mostest posted:

My town's highest rated restaurant on Yelp is a fry truck. Would way rather eat there than the keg.

I am shocked your town has a restaurant rated on Yelp.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

if you want actual canpol talk, wibur ross is real mad that Trudeau signed TPP

yeah but now america isnt involved so it must be good????

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

vyelkin posted:

yeah but now america isnt involved so it must be good????

I believe China does not have our best interests at heart. However it literally doesn't matter if we sign TPP or not because Aecon will just keep doing whatever it does freely on our soil forever because gently caress having government assets! SELL IT ALL! THE HIGHWAYS, THE OFFICES ALL OF IT! WOW LOOK AT THAT CASH ROLL IN!!!!

Yeah but at least the tpp won't have copyright bullshit. So theres that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

My favourite part about the TPP is it kills most chances we have of cobbling together socialized pharmacare plans

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Usa missed the boat on taking us over. Welcome to chinada.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Gonna get a 4 tattooed on my forehead

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zajajaja posted:

Yeah at Christmas I bought a book with James Bond stories because apparently he’s public domain in Canada now, and I don’t want to lose that. (I don’t know anything about copyright I just thought that was cool)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DariusLikewise posted:

My favourite part about the TPP is it kills most chances we have of cobbling together socialized pharmacare plans

We're still allowed to assert IP rights over fantastic craft beers, like fin du monde which I still haven't tried, right?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zajajaja posted:

I believe China does not have our best interests at heart. However it literally doesn't matter if we sign TPP or not because Aecon will just keep doing whatever it does freely on our soil forever because gently caress having government assets! SELL IT ALL! THE HIGHWAYS, THE OFFICES ALL OF IT! WOW LOOK AT THAT CASH ROLL IN!!!!

uh excuse me i think youll find that its not selling government assets if its just a 99-year lease

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

vyelkin posted:

thats how i lived when i was a 20yo undergrad, now im a real adult and make almost a weeks worth of food on the weekend so i never have to cook when i feel lazy

Yeah, it's probably been about 8 years since I did that myself, but I already hate the Keg and BP. We're trying to offer good life advice to people who need it, not preaching to the choir.

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

We're still allowed to assert IP rights over fantastic craft beers, like fin du monde which I still haven't tried, right?

I actually think the beer stuff is worse because it's provincial. So like Ontario has beers that cant be sold to Quebec but CAN be sold to the u.s, it's madness.
It's prompted breweries in Toronto to do weird poo poo like open bottle shops in order to circumvent the LCBO and ugh god its a lovely tangled web. A tangled web that would really REALLY like to have a monopoly on the distribution of weed as well!

Dieu de Ciel couldn't sell 'Aphrodisaque' in ontario until it rebranded as 'Aphrodite' par example

Zajajaja has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Jan 24, 2018

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

How many kids do you have in your downtown condo lifestyle where you cook from scratch daily dream? None, you don't say

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

How many kids do you have in your downtown condo lifestyle where you cook from scratch daily dream? None, you don't say

If I can make pasta sauce, pizza, burgers, etc. when drunk off my rear end (and I have!) then you can do it with kids around.

Better yet, once they're old enough, involve them with the parts they can safely handle so they learn a fundamental life skill, and then when they go off to live on their own they'll be able to properly feed themselves. My parents always cooked meals from scratch and let me help out. It was actually a great way to spend time as a family.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/ZachJCarter/status/955902189142147072

Thanks justin

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Dying for Trudeau's LAV profits

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Didn't take long for this thread to become indistinguishable from the regular D&D CanPol thread, which managed to become so boring and repetitive that CI's unmedicated mental illness came to be seen as refreshing and novel

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Why don't you post more and pull the thread out of it's nosedive then

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

PT6A posted:

If I can make pasta sauce, pizza, burgers, etc. when drunk off my rear end (and I have!) then you can do it with kids around.

Better yet, once they're old enough, involve them with the parts they can safely handle so they learn a fundamental life skill, and then when they go off to live on their own they'll be able to properly feed themselves. My parents always cooked meals from scratch and let me help out. It was actually a great way to spend time as a family.

I thank you for your service funding my child haver tax credit

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

We must honor Canpol thread posting traditions, any traditions from previous thread will not be and cannot be cancelled

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Me (a yemeni, dying): at least this lav was made in a country where its 2015 and women get half of cabinet

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

This violence will be investigated and, if proven, will cause us an issue a "please stop" that'd make Allie Brosh dive to the floor.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tighclops posted:

Why don't you post more and pull the thread out of it's nosedive then

can't ask the impossible

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

lifehack, don't have children

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I wonder how Homo sapiens with children survived for thousands of generations before we had the Keg and Boston Pizza.

I should get funding from the federal government to study it.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea, when Helsing/Vyelkin/Dreylad/etc were putting in effort posts a few times a week that elevated discourse enough that the poo poo posts were fun diversions. Now it's just poo poo posts.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Any more posting about posting and good help me I will turn this thread around and you won't get to see the giant nickel until next summer

BUT DAAAAAaad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Some robber in Ottawa broke in to a bitcoin bank but left because they couldn't steal the bitcoin :riker:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

CBC Radio Toronto had an interesting piece today about Amazon's new headquarters and the costs of encouraging a tech boom in the city. They had an economist on who argued that tech booms increase inequality and displace the working class. This isn't exactly news but what IS news is the fact that these issues are being covered in light of how much everyone seems invested in the new HQ. Radio One seems indistinguishable from rich liberal Boomer radio most days so I'm glad they had someone addressing issues that will primarily affect young people and lower income earners.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Reality Loser posted:

Some robber in Ottawa broke in to a bitcoin bank but left because they couldn't steal the bitcoin :riker:

oh it's way better than that

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/staff-at-bitcoin-business-bound-by-armed-bandits-police

quote:

It happened at 10:55 a.m. when three suspects gained entry to Canadian Bitcoins on Concourse Gate, which is just west of the intersection of Colonnade Road and Prince of Wales Drive.

Armed with handguns, they tied up four employees, one of whom would later need medical attention after being hit in the head with a handgun.

The suspects tried to coerce employees into completing a transaction, Staff-Sgt. Michael Haarbosch said. But a fifth employee was in another office and called police and the suspects fled empty-handed.

Officers quickly spotted a suspect running into a ravine north of Colonnade Road and called for backup. One suspect was arrested without incident while two others are still at large.

Jimmy St-Hilaire, 19, was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday on charges including five counts each of robbery, pointing a firearm and forcible confinement plus wearing a disguise and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence. He also faces charges that he carried a concealed weapon and had a loaded gun to commit a crime while banned from having firearms.

three morons got a bunch of guns and broke into the brick-and-mortar office of a bitcoin company to try to convince them to send butts to an address, but one of the five employees of that company called police

:stare:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

a primate posted:

CBC Radio Toronto had an interesting piece today about Amazon's new headquarters and the costs of encouraging a tech boom in the city. They had an economist on who argued that tech booms increase inequality and displace the working class. This isn't exactly news but what IS news is the fact that these issues are being covered in light of how much everyone seems invested in the new HQ. Radio One seems indistinguishable from rich liberal Boomer radio most days so I'm glad they had someone addressing issues that will primarily affect young people and lower income earners.

toronto's already been sliding this way for a while, what with most lower income housing in need of serious repair or way past their lifespan. the housing market, condo development and general disdain for social programs amongst many torontonians means this process will continue unabated.

incidentally toronto rates high on the quality of life index, along with vancouver and san francisco in North America, which goes to show you how important inequality is to being considered a nice place to live. montreal being the exception although it's still relatively expensive compared to much of quebec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

oh it's way better than that

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/staff-at-bitcoin-business-bound-by-armed-bandits-police

three morons got a bunch of guns and broke into the brick-and-mortar office of a bitcoin company to try to convince them to send butts to an address, but one of the five employees of that company called police

:stare:

lmao