Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

reminder that bunnyofdoom literally worked for the Liberal Party lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

yellowcar posted:

ah well that does explain things, cant help himself really

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

yellowcar posted:

lmao
lol

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

someone should ask why we are still part of NATO after it specifically violated terms with the Russian Federation, multiple times, which is what has created this confrontation in the first place, on top of the soviets being gone for 40 loving years

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Eh. I am not disputing NATO is bullshit imperialism. Just disputing the stupid as poo poo assertion about the Berlin Wall.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Agreement to the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany was predicated on the Soviets being safe to allow the reunification of Germany and withdraw the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany because - as others have pointed out - they were promised NATO would not move an inch eastward.

This was a pretty straightforward agreement, but as soon as the USSR fell the US started treating Russia like Melos. Humiliating Russia with respect to Serbia was pretty loving egregious, and if Yeltsin hadnt been an inept drunk, and Russia hadnt been as weak as it was, the Pristina Airport incident alone would have led to war.

NATO expanding to Georgia was the first provocation they really pushed back on, and Russia saving Syria from a US backed and armed rebellion in contrast to passively watching Yugoslavia get dismantled showed the game has changed. How many Colour Revolutions did we expect them to take? Were they supposed to be fine surrounded by a hostile military alliance on all sides?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

whatever you say, mother fucker. NATO has always been a tool of imperial projection and aggression, a tool to feed the US weapons manufactures capital from their dependant states. The soviets tried for peaceful coexistence multiple times, the US are the ones who tilted to confrontation repeatedly.

sign up for a paramilitary tour and go suck off some Nazis if your so excited to defend the extended empire. or just foad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'm gay

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The war in Ukraine will be good to juice the economy after covid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
poo poo, someone tell them to hold off a bit, they're starting too early

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
NATO can kiss my rear end

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Another Bill posted:

I'd argue NATO's betrayal of Ukraine in 2014 is much greater than any betrayal of the Russian federation. Ukraine gave up their nukes in exchange for protection and NATO failed to hold up their end of the bargain over Crimea. Ukraine wanted and have been planning to join NATO for decades. Canada has been training Ukrainian officers in NATO related affairs on 'exchange programs' in Canada since the late 1990s.

e: I kind of agree that NATO should have gone away after the USSR dissolved fwiw

NATO member-states have the right to say "no, you don't get to join." Right now France and Germany are saying exactly that, and it's hard to blame 'em.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/verynotmad/status/1486489961725521921?t=ZyrFx0HJFcX54PpF0GbFPQ&s=19

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Majorian posted:

NATO member-states have the right to say "no, you don't get to join." Right now France and Germany are saying exactly that, and it's hard to blame 'em.

gently caress NATO though

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1486311709220478980

Paging Mr. Betteridge

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
counterpoint, what if they are?

like, all 20 of them, or whatever.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

four trucks having sex

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

whatever you say, mother fucker. NATO has always been a tool of imperial projection and aggression, a tool to feed the US weapons manufactures capital from their dependant states. The soviets tried for peaceful coexistence multiple times, the US are the ones who tilted to confrontation repeatedly.

sign up for a paramilitary tour and go suck off some Nazis if your so excited to defend the extended empire. or just foad

Bitchmade probe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
disband the CAF

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bad news for people who like to buy computer parts at Memory Express:

https://www.meresidences.ca/

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't get it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

blatman posted:

I don't get it

based on the name are they now a landlord

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

blatman posted:

I don't get it

Memory Express, the computer sales people, are landlords now

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

a good post

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Memory Express, the computer sales people, are landlords now

well now i look like a jackass but i've only ever shopped at memory express online and only a few times so i legit forgot what the logo looked like

edit: wait that site doesnt even have the logo, am i having a stroke?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

How did my password get into your username

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

blatman posted:

well now i look like a jackass but i've only ever shopped at memory express online and only a few times so i legit forgot what the logo looked like

edit: wait that site doesnt even have the logo, am i having a stroke?

what do you think me stands for

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

mediaphage posted:

what do you think me stands for

could be anything but i'm gonna assume the ram store does rentals now because everything is stupid

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/comments/lpdybd/did_memory_express_buy_an_apartment_building/

Looks like ME is branching out.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im the wordpress favicon

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
we're going to have a war prime minister.

great hair, though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Eh. I am not disputing NATO is bullshit imperialism. Just disputing the stupid as poo poo assertion about the Berlin Wall.

Ron Paul Atreides overstated the point because it wasn't the Berlin Wall coming down that was linked to the tacit agreement on NATO, it was the reunification of Germany the following year, which Gorbachev agreed to because Bush Sr. promised him that NATO wouldn't expand into Eastern Europe. Gorby didn't get it in writing though, and now here we are thirty years later.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

That is fair then
That isn't hard to believe.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/Tim_Bousquet/status/1486719934528778245?t=rLHP23z6MBMRCq1CPYVC-w&s=19

Really makes u think

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Can these truckers just get to Ottawa already, get their fifteen and get the gently caress back to poisoning facebook with their comments? I'm sick of hearing people say "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE VACCINES!!!11" and "THERE'S LIKE 50, 000 OF THEM!!"

Just...let them prove they are ineffectual, will do nothing, and will just go away.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Disband the mods

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Disband the mods
Actually don't do that :saddumb:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

the double hyphens represent the missing connective tissue between these very separate thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

really strange to see people stan for Putins lebensraum policies and somehow claim to be leftists

nato is a tool of us imperialism but the default isnt therefore all of the balkans belong to gazprom llc

edit: I dont even know why were involving ourselves in this at all. let the nazis fight but lets please not start a war