Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no the shots aren't only for boomers, p.s if a young person gets within 30 feet of this vaccine fridge i'm torching the entire thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Popoto posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-universal-basic-income-1.5982862

Libs can’t fix the money faucet! it’s just spraying everywhere. brrrrrrrrr

lol i knew it. they have been extending CERB in 2-4 month increments kicking the can down the road pretending it isn't UBI. may as well just extend it to infinity

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Liberals endorse things they’ll never actually do and just study for a decade if re-elected.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this is the liberal party membership advancing these motions. the ruling liberal party does not have to do any of it. what are you gonna do, vote ndp?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
live footage of grassroots members at the Liberal party convention

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

this is the liberal party membership advancing these motions. the ruling liberal party does not have to do any of it. what are you gonna do, vote ndp?

To be fair if they did this I imagine they would become the natural ruling party once again and win elections for like 25 years.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

The Liberal Party is fundamentally different from the Democrats in that they do really want to win, and their grift is based around patronage and corruption, both requiring reliable access to power.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Rutibex posted:

lol i knew it. they have been extending CERB in 2-4 month increments kicking the can down the road pretending it isn't UBI. may as well just extend it to infinity

It isn't UBI, though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Virtual Russian posted:

To be fair if they did this I imagine they would become the natural ruling party once again and win elections for like 25 years.

Virtual Russian posted:

The Liberal Party is fundamentally different from the Democrats in that they do really want to win, and their grift is based around patronage and corruption, both requiring reliable access to power.

You're an optimist. Here's to hoping, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Virtual Russian posted:

If you stretch this out to 500 words i bet it would get printed in every newspaper by PostMedia.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

To be clear, I don't think you're wrong

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

My favorite Conservative troll talking point is LIBERALS ARE BUYING VOTES AND THE VOTERS ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO SUPPORT IT!!!

like, giving people what they want gets you elected and calling them stupid doesn't huh imagine that

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Apr 11, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

JT just thanked the grassroots party for “always reminding him that better is always possible.” Going unsaid is “And it shows me how much lower I can aim.”

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Give me and everyone else UBI

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Reality Protester posted:

Another delegate named Linda — who also did not give her last name — said she worries that a change to the capital gains tax might open the door to the federal government taxing the sale of primary residences.

maybe primary residences should never have been an investment vehicle? oh well, too late now. soft landing.

The horse is long gone for that barn. A home is mostly people's only asset. Taxing primary residences is never going to happen.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
does anyone actually think these "policy conventions" mean anything?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Demon_Corsair posted:

The horse is long gone for that barn. A home is mostly people's only asset. Taxing primary residences is never going to happen.

Yeah that would pretty much be a "gently caress you middle class" tax. Which seems about normal for the liberals, I expect it to be implemented in a year.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBC posted:

its better than a kick in the nuts :shrug:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i, justin trudeau, an aristocrat in power for 6 years am going to listen to a bunch of political hacks with no power on a zoom meeting for my next policy initiatives

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

RBC posted:

They're supposed to be an infomercial from your party to possible voters, which is why the Conservative climate change gaffe is so hilarious.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I'm seeing a few people in BC on twitter saying that there are rumors of a lockdown coming here (good), but I think the rumors are rumors only because people are saying the rumors exist and that nothing will happen until it's way way too late instead of just way too late and the restrictions will be as half-assed as possible

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
It's going to rule when Dr Bonnie Henry comes onto the TV to scold teens for getting covid at school and say that it's time for the government to take swift action, which is why they will be setting up a hotline people can call if they are struggling with mental health or some poo poo

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/bvlaar/status/1381595639570694145?s=19

Lol at all the people who were so mad BC never adopted this total failure.

Apparently the "social media rumor" comes from some random woman on tiktok whose uncle works at Nintendo. (She "knows people")

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1381022862333550593?s=19

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It's going to rule when Dr Bonnie Henry comes onto the TV to scold teens for getting covid at school and say that it's time for the government to take swift action, which is why they will be setting up a hotline people can call if they are struggling with mental health or some poo poo

swift government action will be a temporary suspension of the Skip the Dishes tax.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Sassafras posted:

https://twitter.com/bvlaar/status/1381595639570694145?s=19

Lol at all the people who were so mad BC never adopted this total failure.

Apparently the "social media rumor" comes from some random woman on tiktok whose uncle works at Nintendo. (She "knows people")

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1381022862333550593?s=19

i deleted the app today because the newest update used 50% of my phones battery life overnight while i was sleeping. the other part is i dont actually know how many times the app has actually made connections with people around me but i cant imagine the uptake was very high in brandon loving manitoba. its probably just my wife and Is phones constantly agreeing thats there no covid in our house.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I’ve had the app since the day it first came out, but I hardly leave my apartment so it’s kinda useless for me.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
I have a friend in ON who is very high risk and her MiL got an exposure notification from the app a day before they were supposed to see each other (this was in the fall). So at least some people do get notifications -- they think it was from waiting in line at a grocery store because MiL doesn't go anywhere.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

As long as it does't eat up 50% of my CPU or whatever I'll leave it on even if it doesn't have wide adoption on the off chance I've been around one of those 25k people and it lets me know. Literally costs me nothing to do so and I'm all about minimum effort :haw:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

barbaric provincial practices hotline

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
would canadians wage a guerrilla war against the US if invaded?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

human garbage bag posted:

the defining characteristic of Canada is apathy, so no.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

human garbage bag posted:

go up north to live in their cottages

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

go up north to live in their cottages

This is basically how we ended up with the current border

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
See how literally nobody in Canadian media reacted to Kamala's oblique announcement that Canada is now on the Enemies List

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Mameluke posted:

See how literally nobody in Canadian media reacted to Kamala's oblique announcement that Canada is now on the Enemies List

We don't have as much water as they think

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

We don't have as much water as they think

then why are they called great lakes???

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Great place to dump chemtrail containers.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I can't imagine drinking water from Superior or any of them tbh. Didn't Lake Erie literally catch fire at least once?

It is interesting how the watersheds overlap, there isn't much the US could do to divert water from Canada, in fact they're actually doing the opposite with stuff like the unapproved Garrison Diversion

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Mameluke posted:

where was this, i found something about nazi granddaughter and president harris having a call but nothing about enemies list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i was just referring to this lol

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1379603832888381443