Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
good lord

you could vaccinate all 30 million adult canadians with the AZ vaccine and at current rates you would expect to see 300 blood clots, TOTAL, OVER THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE COUNTRY, IN EXCHANGE FOR NO ONE DYING OF COVID ANYMORE

for gently caress's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I saw that yesterday. What the gently caress is wrong with them.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

vyelkin posted:

good lord

you could vaccinate all 30 million adult canadians with the AZ vaccine and at current rates you would expect to see 300 blood clots, TOTAL, OVER THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE COUNTRY, IN EXCHANGE FOR NO ONE DYING OF COVID ANYMORE

for gently caress's sake

*After months of saying the best vaccine is the first one you can get* ok all vaccines are safe and effective... But also actually AZ is poo poo and if you aren't working at starbucks don't get it but also if you're under 40 or sometimes 30 you aren't allowed to get it so only get the AZ vaccine if you are aged 55-65 and also working at starbucks. Up next: Here is a need story of a lady who got the vaccine and then was hit by a bus, and how it can and will happen to you as well!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
This is all John Horgan's fault, naturally.

Anyway, my post-AZ vaccine report is that I had a low fever and body aches for a few hours last night and I watched Free Solo which has been my go-to fever dream movie for the past few years now

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Put all the vaccines in me at once let's gooooo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the blood clots just mean you know its working

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Man, I bet there are lawyers already working on the class action re:Astrazeneca this morning. It's dubious case right now but that could change and pay out big.

e: I'm 15 days out from my Astra Zeneca. My arm is still sore when I flex it but no regrets.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Weird how training doctors to overstate risks due to liability would come back and bite us like this.

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?
So BC goons:

What do you think the change in language from "everyone will have their first dose by Canada Day" to "everyone will have access to vaccine by Canada Day" to "everyone will the opportunity to get vaccinated" means for us not lucky enough to be old?

Free for all at 30+ years old? A lottery of some kind? Just leave out buckets of syringes?

My Mother The Car has issued a correction as of 15:59 on May 4, 2021

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

My Mother The Car posted:

So BC goons:

What do you think the change in language from "everyone will have their first dose by Canada Day" to "everyone will have access to vaccine by Canada Day" to "everyone will the opportunity to get vaccinated" means for us not lucky enough to be old?

Free for all at 30+ years old? A lottery of some kind? Just leave put buckets of syringes?

everyone will be vaguely aware of the concept of a vaccine by Canada Day

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

buckets of syringes?

Isn't that BC's provincial flower

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

So BC goons:

Free for all at 30+ years old? A lottery of some kind? Just leave out buckets of syringes?

They meant Canada day 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

"Hey poor slaves, get the lovely vaccine that will kill you, NOW!" Rich people you can wait no biggie"

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

"Hey poor slaves, get the lovely vaccine that will kill you, NOW!" Rich people you can wait no biggie"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

"this pandemic is never going to be over" - customer
"yuuuup" - me agreeing, thinking she's annoyed that nobody is taking this seriously
"we're gonna be a third world country because we have to wear a loving mask"

Please give me my vaccine before one of these people kills me.

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Fashionable Jorts posted:

"this pandemic is never going to be over" - customer
"yuuuup" - me agreeing, thinking she's annoyed that nobody is taking this seriously
"we're gonna be a third world country because we have to wear a loving mask"

Please give me my vaccine before one of these people kills me.

Had a guy eat with us and become very agitated because we use the same sanitizer soaked towel to wipe down the table tops and chairs. He then proceeded to yell, unmasked, to another table about how insane this was. (We use an ammonia based sanitizer solution that can clean off the bacteria left by raw chicken)

When asked to mask back up he began to film our servers and refused to stop while hooting and hollering; he was then asked to leave before police were called.

The reaction from the table he was assaulting with his unmasked gob "We can't believe you asked him to leave after asking A SIMPLE QUESTION!"

All of these people seemed to be well above the age where they could be vaxxed up.

I loving hate people and John Horgan and want my goddamn vaccine you piece of poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Had a guy eat with us and become very agitated because we use the same sanitizer soaked towel to wipe down the table tops and chairs. He then proceeded to yell, unmasked, to another table about how insane this was. (We use an ammonia based sanitizer solution that can clean off the bacteria left by raw chicken)

When asked to mask back up he began to film our servers and refused to stop while hooting and hollering; he was then asked to leave before police were called.

The reaction from the table he was assaulting with his unmasked gob "We can't believe you asked him to leave after asking A SIMPLE QUESTION!"

All of these people seemed to be well above the age where they could be vaxxed up.

I loving hate people and John Horgan and want my goddamn vaccine you piece of poo poo

the common thread is all of these people are going to to eat in a restaurant during a deadly pandemic. you are not going to see the reasonable people, they are all staying home

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

for levels of stupidity like that, solving the problem should no longer constitute murder but rather should be considered negligent operation of a sharp object

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea the big issue with the AZ and any non mRNA vaccine is how effective they are. India uses AZ and there have been a lot of reporters and anecdotes of people who are getting one dose or even two still getting hospitalized and dying. If you can wait, then wait, because you probably will be getting another vaccine and it is not as safe with the variants now popping up.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Death By The Blues posted:

Yea the big issue with the AZ and any non mRNA vaccine is how effective they are. India uses AZ and there have been a lot of reporters and anecdotes of people who are getting one dose or even two still getting hospitalized and dying. If you can wait, then wait, because you probably will be getting another vaccine and it is not as safe with the variants now popping up.

My dude, they literally have 20 million cases in India today. Vaccines are good but they aren't a magic bullet. Efficacy against variants has nothing to do with it, this is a pure numbers thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i will take whatever vaccine is made available to me.

so far that is, uh, none whatsoever

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lmao of course I get the poo poo tier might kill you vaccine the day before the consensus switches to 'ya its kinda garbo maybe just wait'.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the odds of clotting are lower than the odds of dying from getting out of bed at age 45 so maybe you're just bad at math

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

EvilJoven posted:

Lmao of course I get the poo poo tier might kill you vaccine the day before the consensus switches to 'ya its kinda garbo maybe just wait'.

if you don't want it, can I have it?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
yeah whoever said "buckets of syringes" is on to something. fishing my hand around the sharps bin at the hospital is currently my best bet to get vaccinated for the foreseeable future. I love being an "essential worker*" in Ontario!

*essential does not mean we care if you die

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

EvilJoven posted:

If you're old enough to get the AZ, your risk of dying if you get covid is one in 250. Your chance of dying from the vaccine is one in 125,000. And if you live in Alberta and aren't able to stay in your house 24/7, getting covid is more of when than an if.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

a lot of americans who apparently got the "best" vaccines aren't going for their second dose or aren't going to get vaccinated at all

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chamale posted:

If you're old enough to get the AZ, your risk of dying if you get covid is one in 250. Your chance of dying from the vaccine is one in 125,000. And if you live in Alberta and aren't able to stay in your house 24/7, getting covid is more of when than an if.

I never thought getting vaccinated was a risk-free endeavor and I'm kind of surprised so many people did? The difference between a 1 in 250,000 and 1 in 100,000 blood clot risk is negligible to me.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't find this sudden about face in messaging suspicious. Like maybe they're trying to get out ahead of something.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Another Bill posted:

I never thought getting vaccinated was a risk-free endeavor and I'm kind of surprised so many people did? The difference between a 1 in 250,000 and 1 in 100,000 blood clot risk is negligible to me.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't find this sudden about face in messaging suspicious. Like maybe they're trying to get out ahead of something.
everyone in the UK was vaccinated with AZ

it's fine

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Juul-Whip posted:

everyone in the UK was vaccinated with AZ

it's fine

Nah you're right, sometimes I forget

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Another Bill posted:

I think it's just a colossal fuckup where they worried about NOT doing a pause when they discovered the tiny non-zero risk of death. I haven't seen data for Canada, but when they did the vaccine pause in the US, the rate of people taking AZ or J&J cratered and hasn't recovered since.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if I had to pick between a small chance of clots killing me versus a small chance of being put on a vent with inadequate vent-drugs, gimme all the clots you got

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

2-3 micromort chance of clotting versus whole-number percentage chance of dying from covid

gee I wonder which one is less dangerous

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

2-3 micromort chance of clotting versus whole-number percentage chance of dying from covid

gee I wonder which one is less dangerous
"but I'm careful/healthy/gluten free/a crossfitter so the virus isn't really a threat to my health"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Juul-Whip posted:

"but I'm careful/healthy/gluten free/a crossfitter so the virus isn't really a threat to my health"

dies of a ketosis-induced diabetic coma

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

One of the antivaxxers in Calgary says that vulnerable people should be taught breathing exercises to reduce their risk from covid. I hate them so much.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
is "not" a breathing exercise you can learn because I'm not exactly seeing how that would matter

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ghosthorse posted:

is "not" a breathing exercise you can learn because I'm not exactly seeing how that would matter

in the same way zero is a number, sure

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

People are still arguing about vaccines?

I thought a bunch of Ontario posters would have already signed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm 30+ in Doug Ford's ontario and I'll be signing up as soon as i can, which is supposedly in a couple of weeks.