Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Goosed it. posted:

8400 will receive a second dose with Az. It's very likely people who received a first Az will get an mRNA booster instead of an Az booster.

That would rule, variety is the spice of life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

pokeyman posted:

the operating system runs the relevant bits in the background, there's no need to leave the app open
I read this as pertaining to the mRNA vaccines.

Still works!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Albino Squirrel posted:

I read this as pertaining to the mRNA vaccines.

Still works!

lmfao

anyway, ontario is discontinuing AZ for first doses now. not quite sure what our plan is re: second doses either, as usual David Williams wasn't super clear about that

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/jenarbo/status/1392260665864122369?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
people are dying jen

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

people are dying jen =^.^=

ftfy

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
booked my shot for May 28th but could have gotten in any day that week, apparently if you do it through the BC government website you get Pfizer or Moderna, this is in Kelowna and I’m 36+

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Do it ironically posted:

booked my shot for May 28th but could have gotten in any day that week, apparently if you do it through the BC government website you get Pfizer or Moderna, this is in Kelowna and I’m 36+

BC will probably follow suit and only give AZ as second doses pretty soon, esp. if you're under 40

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
for anybody in Vancouver:
https://www.facebook.com/events/857914428128338/
TODAY AT 5 PM PDT
EMERGENCY RALLY FOR PALESTINE

at the art gallery

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

paul_soccer12 posted:

for anybody in Vancouver:
https://www.facebook.com/events/857914428128338/
TODAY AT 5 PM PDT
EMERGENCY RALLY FOR PALESTINE

at the art gallery

I'd go but I have an ankle injury and can't stand for long right now and also I just a roast in the oven

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
ill shout your username as i wave my flag

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp...impression=true

You other provinces are gonna have to start bringing your a game cos Doug Ford lost 4.4 billion dollars in covid relief money. Where is it or what did it go to? Who knows!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ghosthorse posted:

You other provinces are gonna have to start bringing your a game cos Doug Ford lost 4.4 billion dollars in covid relief money. Where is it or what did it go to? Who knows!

This really puts the 300 million he spent breaking green energy contracts in perspective.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Are we sure Doug Ford is still in the country

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Resign Kenney, you fat bitch: Internal dissent boils over into open call for Alberta Premier Jason Kenney to resign

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Do it ironically posted:

Just got my appointment for Vancouver Island, same age group. It felt like my invitation to book took a really long time to be released, but maybe I'm just impatient.

Looking forward to the kids getting theirs next month.

mom and dad fight a lot has issued a correction as of 20:34 on May 13, 2021

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Pfizer gang out of YYC here just chiming in to say that the whole process was quite painless (other than the original short wait to book the appointment when Alberta opened up the 30+ age group last week). Had an appointment booked yesterday, went in, got the poke and have been feeling pretty good most of yesterday and today minus a surprisingly tender shoulder.

I was quite impressed by the # of volunteers at the telus convention center and the speed/process that really flowed through. I did have a bit of a chuckle seeing just how many people are there to help herd people through the lines into the building. It seemed like they could have had 50% less volunteers and been equally effective but I'm thankful anyway for all the people putting the time and effort forwards to help. Part of me wonders if they could take a portion of the volunteers to have additional vaccine locations rather than bringing everyone all together, but that's more of just a thought than anything.

It was encouraging to see how many people were both in line and coming/going throughout the short 40m experience I had from driving into the convention center to leaving after the wait period, it's no wonder though that there are so many 12-40 aged just waiting patiently for our turn.

I really don't know what to think about the idea of the Calgary Stampede this summer, even with the encouraging #s and the number of people I saw yesterday, not a single part of me would ever think it a good idea, especially if Canada is still planning to limit tourists and out of country travelers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ghosthorse posted:

drat how do you even smoke one billion dollars worth of crack let alone 4 billion

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Rutibex posted:

drat how do you even smoke one billion dollars worth of crack let alone 4 billion

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

IKillForPie posted:

Pfizer gang out of YYC here just chiming in to say that the whole process was quite painless (other than the original short wait to book the appointment when Alberta opened up the 30+ age group last week). Had an appointment booked yesterday, went in, got the poke and have been feeling pretty good most of yesterday and today minus a surprisingly tender shoulder.

I was quite impressed by the # of volunteers at the telus convention center and the speed/process that really flowed through. I did have a bit of a chuckle seeing just how many people are there to help herd people through the lines into the building. It seemed like they could have had 50% less volunteers and been equally effective but I'm thankful anyway for all the people putting the time and effort forwards to help. Part of me wonders if they could take a portion of the volunteers to have additional vaccine locations rather than bringing everyone all together, but that's more of just a thought than anything.

It was encouraging to see how many people were both in line and coming/going throughout the short 40m experience I had from driving into the convention center to leaving after the wait period, it's no wonder though that there are so many 12-40 aged just waiting patiently for our turn.

I really don't know what to think about the idea of the Calgary Stampede this summer, even with the encouraging #s and the number of people I saw yesterday, not a single part of me would ever think it a good idea, especially if Canada is still planning to limit tourists and out of country travelers.

now imagine the stampede in a pandemic!

folks!

the volunteer overrun sounds like the ol pain in the rear end where if you have 20 volunteer candidates on your list you’ll get 10 to actually sign up and 5 of them ever show. if everyone on the list really shows up you have way more than you need, but you can’t ever count on that

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Greyhound shutting down in Canada. how many people/towns will this strand?

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Nationalize it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They had already shut down commuter routes west of Ontario and had been running ever fewer routes since covid.

I took a greyhound from Montreal to Vancouver when I moved here. no fond memories.

does Saskatchewan still have their own bus service? I imagine more provinces will do that, or let the people suffer.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

linoleum floors posted:

Nationalize it

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
when grey hound shut down in alberta the replacements have been much nicer anyway

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

They had already shut down commuter routes west of Ontario and had been running ever fewer routes since covid.

I took a greyhound from Montreal to Vancouver when I moved here. no fond memories.

does Saskatchewan still have their own bus service? I imagine more provinces will do that, or let the people suffer.

I think brad wall cut sask bus service right before he retired into his current job of overpaid consultant

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jsoh posted:

when grey hound shut down in alberta the replacements have been much nicer anyway

For city folk. It really hosed over rural first nations.

What we need are government subsidized marshrutka.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I've heard trains can be pretty good let's build some of those

In BC if you are a part of the AZ crew you have to sign up with the government for your second dose.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
much as i like train, you're not gonna be able to get rails to every little town, which a lot of buses currently service

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

much as i like train, you're not gonna be able to get rails to every little town, which a lot of buses currently service

Not with that attitude you're not

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

build high speed rail that mirrors the trans Canada then branch out to towns based on size

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

build high speed rail that replaces the trans Canada then branch out to towns based on size

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
take the rcmp's entire budget for a national bus service

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

ghosthorse posted:

take the rcmp's entire budget for a national bus service

Hell yeah give the red uniforms with goofy pants to the bus drivers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
now introducing the RCPM Royal Canadian Passenger Movement

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Got my pfizer shot, and my arm is a little sore but that's it, which is nice. Still gonna tell work tomorrow it hosed me up and get an even longer weekend.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Just got my appointment for Vancouver Island, same age group. It felt like my invitation to book took a really long time to be released, but maybe I'm just impatient.

Looking forward to the kids getting theirs next month.

yeah same I registered one minute after it opened and just was able to book had some people I know be able to book way before me so who knows

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I booked my first dose a lot sooner than I expected. I'm 30 and I get it in two weeks! I feel like Charlie with the golden ticket

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/apapenheim/status/1339500029741035520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Popoto posted:

Greyhound shutting down in Canada. how many people/towns will this strand?

I guess you could say it all started to go downhill when that guy got decapitated on one of our buses.