Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
o cucknadia
your boring native land
i couldnt bother
to remember any more words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Reality Loser posted:

You should move to NC brad (thats north canada)

je parle francais donc je peux les moquer bilingue, par leurs <<lois>>

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Canada is generally pretty garage at the arts.

brb moving to canada with my garage band

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Reality Loser posted:

it wasnt a typo :twisted:
actually i did mistype cucknadia in the post quoted :ohdear:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

THC posted:

yeah it's very widespread, and not limited to telcos or cablecos

a friend of mine worked for Bell in business accounts and in order to meet the ridiculously unattainable sales quotas he and people in his department would sign people up for USB LTE sticks, activate them and just stick them in a drawer. if a customer noticed the extra charges and asked about it (maybe 10% of them would ever notice) they'd call it an error and take it off. when their bosses found out, they just swept it under the rug because otherwise they'd be on the hook for missed sales quotas as well.
:capitalism:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah I must have. In your story the bosses clearly didn't tell them to do it, though, because you said they swept it under the rug when they found out. More likely there are bad incentivization structures and a lot of people who look the other way, so employees think it's ok to do poo poo like this, when a couple minutes of thinking about it makes it blatantly clear that it isn't.

Again, there is a big difference between aggressive sales tactics and adding lines to bills and just hoping people don't notice. In particular, it's that they added items to the bill which they then didn't give to the customer. At least if the sales guy slips the protection plan on your item you have a protection plan on it.

e: You friend sucks, his coworkers suck, and his managers suck for not firing him on the spot with cause.

your posting sucks, and your brain sucks. management means the people over the salesmans boss :milk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Reality Loser posted:

Oops

E: abolish the senate

why does canada even need a government

yall just do what uncle sam says anyways

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

I am not a number!

what if the number is 69 :q:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

in awe at the size of this lad. absolute untie

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

also being a lovely knockoff of rob still makes him a thousand times better than anyone else ever

turn on your monitor

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Helsing posted:

Oh please. Ford's crack smoking tenure as the mayor with plenty to eat at home was the original rip in space-time that sucked our whole world into the chaos timeline, years before Trump stepped into that elevator.

what elevator :thunk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

Give it time, PCs won't top 35% of the vote on election night :toxx:

youre saying they let NPCs vote in canada?!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

if PCs get 35% of the vote, the rest is NPCs, right? :thunk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

"PC" in Canadian politics is short for Progressive Conservative, a common right wing party name
:thejoke:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Literal Hamster posted:

I'm not crazy, the brother of the internationally infamous cocaine smoking mayor of Toronto is going to be the premier of Ontario?

f i x e d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

peak canada