Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Great, so Mr. Pallister wouldn't mind if we ran a pipeline through his back yard as long as most of his neighbors said it was okay with them? I mean, it won't affect their property, just his, but they all said it was fine, and hey, not everyone gete a veto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cross posting this from the CanPol thread. Food bank need help. Give money if you can to help out the less fortunate.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

In more-sane news, the site I work security at is closing their doors to the public on Monday, along with most other non-vitally-important city offices. There is literally no reason for people to be coming in when everything can be done online or over the phone, and the powers-that-be have finally listened.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Depending on where you are, it may be more for "X number of customers allowed in the store at once" than it is for fear of toilet paper riots.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What place is that so we can refuse to do business with them because they are putting me (read: the customer) in danger?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Honest question, is it okay to order takeout/delivery?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

This 10% to 75% might be the difference between my partner being on forced paid leave or back on at full pay.

NDP seems to be claiming it was their idea and that they pushed Trudeau to do it. if so, thanks Singh?

Well, Singh did tweet earlier this week pushing for it, so... yeah, I think it's fair to give them the credit on this.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So far the replies are 5 for 5 on calling him out (well, 3 for 5, one is praising bee-clean for making sure things are actually clean and one saying that parents are going to have to pick up school work and drop completed work to teachers which... "mommy, what's a quarantine?" levels of dumb, but both are probably square on Pallister's shoulders anyways)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Eh, at least the snowbirds make use of retired airplanes that would just be rusting away in a field somewhere otherwise. Honestly, I have nothing against them, and I think the worst that can be said about them is that they do air shows. Hell, the planes they use aren't even combat aircraft, they're trainer planes.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Haaaaaang on, how did he pay for the development of that app? I thought we were in full "Austerity matters, tighten belts and eat gruel" mode.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh man, does this mean I'm going to get two of them? My mom passed away November of 2018, my dad passed away last September, but they both had 2018 income taxes and he was the sole beneficiary and executor of her estate, and I'm the sole beneficiary and executor of his estate. Yes, there have been things from her estate that I've had to deal with as the Executor of the Executor of the Estate.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It actually wasn't that bad, most of the stuff for mom's estate was apparently fairly straightforward (all their bank accounts were jointly held, house was in both of their names, ect). They had a Disney Vacation Club membership that dad never got around to dealing with, so that was... fun. But stuff like transferring ownership of the house was just a matter of the lawyer asking if I could bring both death certificates along with my dad's will to show that, yes, both property owners are deceased.

On a side note, if anyone wants a good lawyer to help handle getting wills probated or property titles transfered in the Winnipeg area, I can recommend some good ones.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The Voltron one I kinda like, those seem like the gimmicky, stupid-but-in-a-fun-way things I would do if I was asked to make one. Not this "Oorah I am a badass lookit me" punshier skull logo.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

xtal posted:

I've worn a black puppy of anarchism in prior years... You can also get white pacifist ones.

Where can I get a white one? I grew up learning that Rememberance day was a day to remember that war is a terrible thing and to remember the sacrifices that others made, not "hoorah troops are great!" If I can use a white poppy to push against that message, then sign me the gently caress up. War is hell, and the people who fight in it should be mourned and pitied, not venerated and idolized.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Michael's is actually closed this time round, so it sounds like the province has shortened the list (or Michael's realized it may look bad if they kept insisting they were essential when they had the curb-side pickup already in place).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, can the virus spread through semen? I thought one of the things said during the "wear a mask during sex" press release time was that it couldn't spread through semen.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Honest question, but shouldn't this be treated the same way as other vaccines?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ah, the ideal way to deal with a kidnapping- kill all those kidnapped.

Gee, I can't figure out why people want to defund the police!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

everything between the cascades and the maritimes is unsalvageable

Let's be honest, at this point everything between the Pacific and the Atlantic is unsalvageable.

Edit: apparently my tablet thinks unsalvageable is not a word but insalvagable is?

Randalor has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Nov 28, 2020

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

i found a list of the 2023 manitoba pc mls

Most of those last names sounds too unwhite to be PC MLs.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It completely avoids Winnipeg! Yeah, that is pretty good.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well that's a shame. Should have done goatse, IMO. A timeless classic (And Pallister IS a giant rear end in a top hat).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

CommonShore posted:

He already announced that he's resigning "retiring" in 2021

He did? Can I please see some proof of this? Mostly because all I can find when I google Pallister and 2021 is articles about how he was talking about how 2021 would be better than 2020.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

They are only talking about MAYBE loosening things up...

Pallister will do the brief on friday won't he

This is Pallister we're talking about. I'm honestly surprised he waited two whole weeks on reopening the altars to Mammon and Moloch and offering up more sacrifices to Grandfather Nurgle.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh man, how's that "Constantly double down on arguably the worst resource in the world" doing for ya, Kenny?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oooooh can we get Rick Green and Steve Smith as co-GGers? Wait, please tell me Rick Green and Steve Smith are still good people. I really enjoyed The Red Green Show and History Bites. Steve Smith Playhouse was also pretty good, but that was more subject to what he could use as material for making jokes with.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

infernal machines posted:

would you also love it if your mom came to your defence on the internet (again) and blew the whole thing up?

I would. My mom is dead, so either she would be a zombie, or back from the dead. I would be happy with either outcome.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Alberta.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Randalor posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Alberta.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I know the answer is actually "To funnel as much government money into the pockets of his friends", but why in hell is Pallister doing this? It would be one thing if he was doing this a year or even 6 months ago, before vaccines that were proven to work were actually things, but this is just infuriating. I know he gives zero fucks and probably already has his ticket to Costa Rica for his final "gently caress you" flight to his summer home, but what the hell?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For goons in the Manitoba area, how good is Shaw internet and home phone services? I've been with MTS (well, BellMTS) for years now, and I signed up for their Fibe 100 last July, the guy came out to hook it up on July 2nd, and it turned out there was a grounding fault with the second line. He put in a service request to have the line dug up and fixed, and then I heard nothing from them. Every month I was billed for the Fibe 100, I called them and they reverted it to the old price (only thing I'll give BellMTS, the billing department never questioned that and always fixed the price right away), and both the billing and technical department emailed the "back end team" to contact me. I never heard anything from them, its now 8 monthes later and I'm looking at my options for other companies that offer internet, home phone and cellphone.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I didn't even know that thread existed! Thanks, I'll bug people there instead.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Chillyrabbit posted:

What I'm confused about is how only 5 shots were fired but the side of the firehall looked like 30 shots hit it. Is there a non-conspiracy theory explaining that (like hail damage or something) or is it a real conspiracy theory.

Does a hail of bullets count.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How... how do they have the same face? That's downright creepy. If that's his wife, I'm concerned about how closely they're related. If she's his sister, I'm concerned about how close they are. If she's both... well, I would be disturbed, but not that concerned.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ah, I see they needed to do some basic repairs down at the station.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

You motherfucker

There's a second Kite and Kaboodle, I would be willing to sacrifice one to help end the plague.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For those more knowledgeable than I about the vaccines, was the issue with rare bloodclots in the astrazenica recipients strictly women who suffered that side effect, or was it both men and women? My wife is hesitant to get the AZ vaccine but I'm wanting to get the shot asap and just wanted to know if that was something we should watch out for once it becomes available and I get the jab.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I sometimes make perler art, is that close enough to "bad art" that I might get some sweet, sweet grant money? I'm white as gently caress and with a vaguely german/english last name.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't know what perler art is but maybe, it can take a few hours to write up your proposal and provide samples of work and stuff so if it has some actual artistic merit and you don't think you're wasting your time go ahead.

I do know that sometimes they have more money to give out than applicants so they give it to literally everybody.

Imgur is being dumb and not letting me upload photos of the non-gift stuff I made, so here's a picture I stole from Chokes' Gold Box LP of a clock I made for them using perler beads (melty beads, whatever you want to call them) and a wood clock face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You just have to be able to explain and justify how you owning a cool mixer is an important contribution to Canada's standing in the art world

I mean... I just like making pretty pictures out of stupidly tiny beads that get melted with an iron (and then either glued onto a canvas or with a few clear beads on the top to make a loop to hang it with). I dunno how that's an important contribution to the art world (... this is why you end up with more grants than applicants, isn't it). I guess my big concern is "what is expected of me and how long do I have to do it in" if I apply for a grant and it's approved.