Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
We are really screwed. Driving past those field hospitals at Sunnybrook is haunting and surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Why is everyone leaving their house. It's a deadly pandemic outside

Lol my uncle was doing radiation at Sunnybrook and had major colo-rectal/lower intestinal surgery. So when I mean drive by, I mean at the hospital couple of feet away from it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i haven't found a place with a good beer selection that delivers so i don't have much of a choice but to walk to the corner convenience store every once in a while

liquor store delivers though so that's covered

Five Paddles in Whitby is great for a suburban brewery, just pricey and pretty sure they ship.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea the big issue with the AZ and any non mRNA vaccine is how effective they are. India uses AZ and there have been a lot of reporters and anecdotes of people who are getting one dose or even two still getting hospitalized and dying. If you can wait, then wait, because you probably will be getting another vaccine and it is not as safe with the variants now popping up.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
NDP is gonna win 60 seats lol.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The overton window on strategic voting has shifted for me to Marxist and NDP. Apparently Paul Taylor is one of the actual good NDP candidates? Seems like he has a very good chance to win this riding.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Still think they will surprise some people in parts of Ontario and the Prairies. Seems like people are actually showing up for NDP in Toronto from what I am seeing.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
just lol that Ontario is providing rapid tests at the LCBO, just the stupidest solution. Also, yea no money not gonna bother for work and tell the landlord rent comes when it comes, might as well dip tonight to my parents house in the burbs and wait for it all to crash.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Tighclops posted:

Flashpoint was hilarious. "Our super cops have a special ability: empathy!" Of course the writers knew that was science fiction so they gave the cops special spaceman font nametags and poo poo

We managed to attach Enrico Colantoni to our film and I am just pumped, super nice dude and had to bite my tongue when we had a meeting in regards to how much I love The Wrong Guy. Also, managed to get Mimi Kuzyk, Stephen Mchattie, Daniel Maslany & Colin Mochrie. Truly the Canadian of Canadian films lol.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

linoleum floors posted:

I didn't find anyone interesting except my local plumber donated 400

Is there anywhere I can find the list? Have a few people I am curious about lol.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Syfe posted:

I'm actually just leaving Windsor, one of the reasons being that it's impossible to escape the Toronto creep here, we keep getting Toronto/Flipper landlords, the last ones tried to kick us out and we dug our feet in because it was the middle of the pandemic.

They split houses they buy or turn them into AB&B's. I do not find it affordable here, I'm looking at renting full houses where we're going for the price of current rent of an apartment in Windsor.

This thread is gonna despise me but my dad is doing this in Stirling Ontario. On one hand yea fck landlords, on the other hand my dad being an Iranian refugee has dealt with a ton of racism there and kind of glad they are loving these people over. Mixed emotions.

Death By The Blues has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Apr 7, 2022

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea Toronto is kind of hosed, people dropping all over the place, kind of astonished I still don't have it, but not leaving my house. Work has been slow though.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea I wear Auras did go to the cinema Tuesday and feeling fine...

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So not sure if this was covered but there is another kooky far right party that is running in the Ontario provincial election:

https://www.newblueontario.com/new-blue-print

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
My parents are mad that I am not bothering with the Ontario election or any upcoming elections. Not my fault you decided to buy 4 houses and fck up my future, why bother voting.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

You're set to inherit 4 houses I'm pretty sure they secured your future.

lol theyre going to sell it to a REIT or something and sunset in the bahamas and leave you with nothing

Australia not Bahamas or travel the world. Unless COVID takes them before they travel and then well

Death By The Blues has issued a correction as of 13:37 on Apr 22, 2022

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It is a strike that could last a while cause a lot of average private sector workers loathe public sector government employees. The amount of ire I hear in the suburbs about how much they make and the amount of vacation time they get. Curious to see how much support they will get.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Well my industry is being hit hard right now by another impending strike so getting on EI which now maybe postponed/delayed because of another strike.

However, hope the workers get everything they want. Like how much money and weapons have we given Ukraine.

Already got my tax refund but they shaved off 2k because I overindulged in CERB so gently caress the liberals.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I am assuming most people who qualified for Canadian Workers Benefit are probably going to get it rescinded because they owe some form of CERB back as the lower income folks get hosed the most. Pretty sure that benefit is the government covering their asses because most people can't pay 2k out of pocket.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Like if you are not white and you were born and raised in the GTA you have had heard stories about basically every white person dipping out to go further east or up to Barrie or somewhere else in cottage country as POC slowly expand out. My dad once basically got the your kind not welcomed here rant from an old white dude in Stirling Ontario.

E: Also, the amount of POC I do encounter who have some sort of colonizer supremacy mentality/they must be doing something right is just so depressing. Their is a longer thread to be had about insecurities, expectations and manhood in the GTA where every marker of being an adult male (owning a home, stable job, having a child etc..) are increasingly out of the grasp of alot of POC millennial. While their white counterparts tend to do better in this regard which also plays in desirability and why the GTA has had the most incel attacks in the world in terms of cities.

Death By The Blues has issued a correction as of 12:52 on May 31, 2023

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Find me the young people of any colour who are buying houses in Toronto.

It's enshrined in this province because people died in a century of sectarian strife and violent riots to have our educational system.

They absolutely do exist.

The other thing that drives a divide between cultural line is that white people tend to kick their kids out as soon as their 18 and POC tend to have multi generational families where the kids don't leave the house till they are married. However, can't really date or marry if you live at home with your parents so just kind of stuck in an increasingly expensive cycle.

E: re-reading that post I know a ton more of white people that own housing in particular my industry where its who you know and if its a generational job and your parents are the ones who grandfathered you in, its much easier to buy a house. But yea parents also help either with the initial deposit or co-sign

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

a primate posted:

Apparently an international student from Ecuador named Geovanny (yea, spelled like that). Articles are saying he “struggled to interact with others” and spent a lot of time online, so chalk another one up for the forums I guess.

there is a broader essay to be written on how the GTA has had the most incel attacks in the world and how maybe this is fueled by our insanely unaffordable housing market/cost of living, disconnection from one another and in general desirability and contempt being festered by a lot of disillusioned young men.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean its not great having a bunch of men between the ages 25-45 stuck in their parents basements or living with 8 other males in a small house or apartment, while unable to achieve any of the markers of adulthood/success (home ownership, love/marriage, family, career/stability). As housing gets more and more expensive and seeing the generational wealth of white counterparts pay dividends as they manage to attain those markers. Its gonna break a lot of brains or just make more and more bitter.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It would be funny if they are forced to do this cause their eternal polling numbers are so loving dire. Maybe poilievre will contribute to something positive for the first time in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The Durham region has some of the best food in the GTA sans Toronto if you know where to look and the traffic is less dire then other spots so it leaps ahead based on that. London has some of the worst loving drivers in Canada for some strange reason and there is also the racism. Hate that city.