Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?
So far I've been going to work in Toronto(service industry); but the news of the state of emergency and non-essential business closure has got me hella shook.

The issue is if I stop going in they may shut down my location and that means my remaining line cooks are out of work. Don't really wanna put anyone else out of work but I don't want to leave the house to sling overpriced stuff to jerks.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Rutibex posted:

Welp my EI claim was rejected because of course it was. God I loving hate EI, a special tax I get to pay that is funneled directly to the privillaged boomers with full time jobs.

gently caress you Canada.

If you don't want to answer then just tell me to eat poo poo but why were you rejected? My wife is gonna apply and wanna get an idea of her chances.

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Rutibex posted:

For the last several years I have been working on my masters degree in library science, so not working full time. The same month I graduated Doug Ford cut library funding In Ontario by 50% so of course I have not been able to find a library job right away.

To pay my rent I have been working part time in a hotel portering for their events (like weddings and business meetings and magic tournaments, you know all those things that are now banned). I was rejected from EI because I am a dirty slacker who has not worked enough hours.
:negative:

Oh holy hell thats terrible. I hope the Trudeau bucks come through for you!

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
So BC goons:

What do you think the change in language from "everyone will have their first dose by Canada Day" to "everyone will have access to vaccine by Canada Day" to "everyone will the opportunity to get vaccinated" means for us not lucky enough to be old?

Free for all at 30+ years old? A lottery of some kind? Just leave out buckets of syringes?

My Mother The Car has issued a correction as of 15:59 on May 4, 2021

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

"Hey poor slaves, get the lovely vaccine that will kill you, NOW!" Rich people you can wait no biggie"

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Fashionable Jorts posted:

"this pandemic is never going to be over" - customer
"yuuuup" - me agreeing, thinking she's annoyed that nobody is taking this seriously
"we're gonna be a third world country because we have to wear a loving mask"

Please give me my vaccine before one of these people kills me.

Had a guy eat with us and become very agitated because we use the same sanitizer soaked towel to wipe down the table tops and chairs. He then proceeded to yell, unmasked, to another table about how insane this was. (We use an ammonia based sanitizer solution that can clean off the bacteria left by raw chicken)

When asked to mask back up he began to film our servers and refused to stop while hooting and hollering; he was then asked to leave before police were called.

The reaction from the table he was assaulting with his unmasked gob "We can't believe you asked him to leave after asking A SIMPLE QUESTION!"

All of these people seemed to be well above the age where they could be vaxxed up.

I loving hate people and John Horgan and want my goddamn vaccine you piece of poo poo

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
super cool that BC has four police checkpoints to check for non essential travel on the mainland but BC Ferries ain't doing poo poo to keep plaguebearers off the island.

gently caress you Johnny Horgz wheres my goddamn vaccine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

Tim's Donuts seems passable, if maybe only because the alternatives basically don't exist. Grocery store donuts are even more sad and lacking in variety, I think my city might have one or two specialty donut places, but they're too far from me / have like 5$ delivery fees.

Not that it's an option, but I refuse to believe a place named "Kripsy Kreme" can be any better either.

my local grocer makes fresh donuts every day ad they are wwwwwaaayyyyy better than tummies

also Krispy kreme is transcendent when fresh