Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

I saw a group of women in full ninja outfits once in the bus and it got me thinking, it might soon become a need to go out in public with your face covered with the exponantial spread of cameras, data colection devices and facial recognition software in our cities as the tentacles of the technocratic fascist government slowly wrap themselves around our collective neck. both the authoritarian left and the authoritarian right are plotting to violate our right to anonymity

lol "plotting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lmao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

More like Nancy Dong

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MonsieurChoc posted:

I know that's real. Her aunt really got her brain wrecked by canadian scientists working for the CIA.

I went to high school about 200 ft from where these experiments were done. It's a beautiful part of Montreal.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Reality Pisser posted:

Better not ruin my weekend justin

Solid username-post combo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey now hey now
Dont weed its over

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'd love to know when exactly Moss Park was a "good" neighborhood. My buddy's dad grew up there in the 60s and it's been pretty rough since at least that far back.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Post the worst canada memes you got itt

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

THC posted:

With the fancy socks and proclivity for faerienesse, the only thing missing (dress wise) is the man bun. He’s a fecking snowboarder, and this is just one of the indications, he’s just not ready. To defend anything about this traitorous worm, shows your lack of mental capacity.

turn on your monitor

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pinterest Mom posted:

"harper's" 55 billion deficit was a combination of "the Great Recession" and the opposition parties forcing him to do stimulus spending, it's not like the CPC went on a wild spending spree unprompted

Pinterest Mom posted:

no, the 2006 and 2007 budgets were balanced.

To be clear, you're arguing that Harper gets credit for the balanced budgets in 06 and 07 but in 08 the opposition forced him to do a stimulus package.

But the CPC was a minority government all 3 of those years? You can't have it both ways.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

If all the people making minimum wage bothered turning up to vote, Doug Ford wouldn't be in power.

Maybe they'll turn out next tim-ahahah who am I kidding.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Truthfully I shouldn't be judging working class people who vote against their class interest, because I'm a rich guy who votes against my own.

But I do judge them. Harshly.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm sorry but minimum wage earners make up about ~30% of Ontarios workers. If they turned out to vote in their interest, Doug Ford wouldn't be premier.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

THC posted:

Not voting (for whatever reason) is not the same as voting for Ford. And even if turnout had been better for the NDP they would have still lost.

Voter turnout was 58%. Of that the OPC got about 41%. Better turnout could absolutely have changed the outcome.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tighclops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQYbKT_rMg

Star Trek (used to) posit a future where poverty and need no longer exist in human society because we've learned to stop loving each other over and grow from each other's differences, gee I can't imagine why there'd be fans of something like that in a nominally left wing political party

Also fwiw the Federation is completely egalitarian, unless you're gay or Maquis.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Slotducks posted:

https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1058369442382397440

I just don't understand how that got through the spitballing stage.

I'd bet my left nut this sign was printed by Deco, they overcharged and it was a single sourced contract

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Subjunctive posted:

Just send it to the premier's office, let it get bounced around denied from there.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pinterest Mom posted:

Would it shock you to learn that Doug Ford is just imitating conservative governors.

Lmao every one of these signs is nicer than ours.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Reminder that 42% of Ontarians did not bother to vote. 42% of people looked at Doug Ford and said, meh I could take him or leave him whatever

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tighclops posted:

People stayed home because they didn't think the other choices were meaningfully any better. They were wrong of course, but given our media landscape it's understandable how people would arrive at that conclusion

Yinlock posted:

hard to imagine why, what with thrilling choices like

Please dont make excuses for people too lazy to take 20 mins out their day once every 4 years

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Nah, if you arrest a minority and he's ever associated with another similar minority then it's probably a gang thing.

What's ridiculous is we already charter defying anti gang legislation. The govt used it to take down the Hells Angels in the late 90s.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1060697979793952768

Remember these clowns campaigned on repealing sex ed curriculum.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1060590126563233792

Nice!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

right so whats supposed to be wrong with white people being a minority again?

Well it's not happening fast enough for starters!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

So white people are supposed to be a minority in the USA by 2045, and I have zero doubt that this is a huge motivating factor for the white nationalists taking over the GOP.

However, stopping a migrant caravan at the border here or trying to ban muslim immigration there isn't going to make a lick of difference even if they were effective policies. At best they're putting off the demographic shift to like, 2048.

It's all terrible racism but remembering this always makes me laugh. They're going to lose. They were always going to lose.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Terror Sweat posted:

This is stupid, demographics have never been destiny, all that happens is the definition of white slightly changes

James Baud posted:

I'd say the prospects of demographic doom for things like this are overblown, asians and probably hispanics (despite Trump) will merrily be adopted into the "white" group, just like the Irish and Italians of yore.

"Demographics is destiny" seems to forget that people will always find new ways to divide themselves into opposing teams.

For example, I came here, today, to post the latest entry from team "pollution is imaginary if we don't monitor/test for it":

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-11-12/the-epa-can-t-wait-to-reopen-the-mine-that-poisoned-north-idaho

CDA is beautiful, but whoa.

(Need more articles like this about Alberta.)

Cool would you please explain this to the 30%+ of whites ready to vote in full nazi fascism because of it

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

How about shipping the Saudis defective LAVs manufactured by esteemed Canadian job creator Bombardier?

gently caress it let's just mount some turrets on our streetcars and call it a day.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/PrideToronto/status/1063837124967972864

I wish I could say something funny but I'm actually completely outraged.

I hope all people being attacked by this know they have many allies in Ontario. Here's hoping this overt bigotry helps tank the CPC in next year's election.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUipzGAewLA

I found this video by a midwestern rapper that spoofs on Trailer Park Boys. I'm not sure where to spread this information but here you go thread.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

LOW CLASS
OIL TRASH

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Another Bill posted:

LOW CLASS
OIL TRASH

Meanwhile in today's Globe and Mail

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

And The Star ...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

we need pipelines but for car manufacturing somehow :thunk:

I read somewhere that GM is reorienting to focus on trucks and clean emission vehicles.

Doug Ford's PCs cancelled the Green Energy Car Tax Credit.

Thanks Doug!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Insane in the blockchain
Insane in the chain!
Insane in the blockchain
Block's insane!
Got no chain!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Stink Billyums posted:

https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1070047647568777216

Well I guess that's better than enemy of the people.

What's funny is that Ford is denying any involvement when his involvement is clear.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Elephant Parade posted:

Baby It's Cold Outside is extremely rapey and I'm glad they're taking it off the air.

I can't even hum the tune of this song. I guess i might recognize it if i heard it idk

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/1070473757804896261

Open For Business ROFL

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

infernal machines posted:

did u kno Black Sheep came out 22 years ago? here's what they look like now

lmao Premier Ill Fitting Suit

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ford's job is 100% to make life difficult for the Liberals, but he's also desperate to change the news cycle today.

https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/1070473757804896261

https://twitter.com/Tom_Parkin_/status/1070723726055010305

My opinion: Doug Ford is about to find out he doesn't have the anti-mattering shield of a Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

So based on only my own intuition, I'm not sure BC is on board to be clumped in with the prairies.

Am I wrong?