Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Taintrunner posted:

someone post a massive list of all the horrible things justin trudeau has done and why canada should be wiped off the map for it

The name on the label doesn't matter when it's the same old stuff inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Conservative radio crackpot? Well at least he doesn't smoke crack

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

i have no idea why there is a group of people who so vehemently defend bad posting in the other thread but am willing to read someone's explanation of it.

Dunno if someone without CI's shitposting credentials would've eaten a probe for suggesting that a man who was a bit slow to deny his involvement with Sikh terrorists might coerce someone into terrorism:

quote:

Dosanjh finds Singh “evasive,” for instance, about whether he supports Sikh separatists who want to create a theocracy in Khalistan, in the Punjab region of India.

As a lawyer, Singh has a history of defending militants fighting for a separate Sikh homeland, said Dosanjh, who noted India has refused to give Singh a visa because of it.

When asked about Khalistan, Singh acknowledges he supports “the right to self-determination,

:raise:

Observations like that are just his shtick.

Dude does have love his gendered and racial slurs though, that poo poo ain't on. Shame too, cause when he's not being like that he's often pretty astute. That Pickton Hells Angels connection got tongues waggin.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

That and Hereford corned beef could feed a nation

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yes yes every thinking adult knows this, Jagmeet Singh is no more a Sikh terrorist than Tom Mulcair is. Romeo Dallaire also doesn't sleep nightly on park benches in piss soaked diapers but whenever he comes up, CI pops up to make sure that button gets pressed. Like a clump of kd cheese in the bowl, you don't want it there, it's arguably awful but it's also proof that it really did come from Canada

Anyway it doesn't matter cause he's getting banned a week after he comes back, tops, and then some other troll will take his place.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

vyelkin posted:

in-jokes like how the keg is the pinnacle of canadian cuisine

wait that's a meme?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PT6A posted:

huge amounts of mostly inoffensive, mind-numbing tedium.

:canada:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Naw it skips pretentious and heads straight off to arrogant. You want me to pay you what for a frozen pizza?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

My favourite part about the TPP is it kills most chances we have of cobbling together socialized pharmacare plans

We're still allowed to assert IP rights over fantastic craft beers, like fin du monde which I still haven't tried, right?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

This violence will be investigated and, if proven, will cause us an issue a "please stop" that'd make Allie Brosh dive to the floor.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Reality Loser posted:

Some robber in Ottawa broke in to a bitcoin bank but left because they couldn't steal the bitcoin :riker:

oh it's way better than that

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/staff-at-bitcoin-business-bound-by-armed-bandits-police

quote:

It happened at 10:55 a.m. when three suspects gained entry to Canadian Bitcoins on Concourse Gate, which is just west of the intersection of Colonnade Road and Prince of Wales Drive.

Armed with handguns, they tied up four employees, one of whom would later need medical attention after being hit in the head with a handgun.

The suspects tried to coerce employees into completing a transaction, Staff-Sgt. Michael Haarbosch said. But a fifth employee was in another office and called police and the suspects fled empty-handed.

Officers quickly spotted a suspect running into a ravine north of Colonnade Road and called for backup. One suspect was arrested without incident while two others are still at large.

Jimmy St-Hilaire, 19, was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday on charges including five counts each of robbery, pointing a firearm and forcible confinement plus wearing a disguise and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence. He also faces charges that he carried a concealed weapon and had a loaded gun to commit a crime while banned from having firearms.

three morons got a bunch of guns and broke into the brick-and-mortar office of a bitcoin company to try to convince them to send butts to an address, but one of the five employees of that company called police

:stare:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"Someone else's family are dying"

C'mon man. One job.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

If the opposing party's education plan led to teenagers who knew how to repel sexual advances from elected officials, I'd want to shout it down too.

Looks like Team OPC are blasting off again

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

they called the third canadarm "candarm canadaone"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

An organic solvent cartridge like that is seriously overkill for tear gas, and I can't imagine it'd be useful for much longer than a day or two.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Reince Penis posted:

And I mean the City / TCHC have some pretty lax standards. I'd guess that most of those 8,000 units would be considered uninhabitable today by you or I if we were making the judgment.

I expect the discussion of how the homes came to be in that state is both articulate and enlightened.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Reality Loser posted:

gently caress yeah seaking

The Canadian one evolves into Goldsink

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Electronic voting is a bad idea right?

Unequivocally yes.

Prove I made this post without coercion.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

Prove that you voted without coercion.

The absence of a second person in the booth with me is pretty compelling evidence.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ocrumsprug posted:

If you cannot walk across the street and spend 5 minutes voting I am pretty OK with you not.

Basically everyone in the military votes by special ballot, in addition to the olds, disabled folks, prisoners, half of dfait I'm sure... who am I missing?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i wonder how many people think the private insurer, "Canada Protection Plan", is affiliated with the CPP in some way

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

THC posted:

don't forget the recent spate of news stories about their literally fraud-based sales tactics siphoning massive monthly fees from people unwittingly signed up for services they never asked for and don't need, and driving members of their workforce into overwhelming depression and shame at what they've done

I thought that was Rogers, or did Bell have a line on that too?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

It's the army that crafted the homophobic environment, I'm not responsible for harassing that gay kid by yelling slurs at him until he killed himself

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

https:/twitter.com/michaeldunbarjr/status/959993329688698880

url parser is folks

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Population: 900
Calls for police service (annually): 1600
Number of calls involving firearms: At least half
Number of firearms carried by non-Indigenous law enforcement: Zero

Dude I went to college with had some stories to tell about his time up north in Quebec, but it was mainly about how hosed a society under those circumstances must inevitably become, and less about how those dang lazy good-for-etcetc. Basically

PT6A posted:

it turns out when they aren't getting systematically hosed around by prejudice, poverty, and all the other poo poo we heap on First Nations communities, they're actually really nice people for the most part, like literally every other group of people on earth.

this but with a heavy-lidded look of exasperation while speaking.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

You'd think it would go without saying that a century and a half of abortive attempts at genocide and extreme marginalization will have some negative societal effects, but welp.

That would require both insight and the sketchiest imitation of critical thinking.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I love my mother and I don't know how to tell her that her facebook activity is edging into "racist grandma" territory, cause so far as I know she's no bigot, but jesus christ no the Khadr settlement has nothing to do with VAC's budget being too small to pay out lifelong pensions to vets who were injured after the change to lump-sum "benefits".

e:

If you're not following DPRK_News maybe do that, they're pretty consistently good

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

vyelkin posted:

You could put "Canada will pay for this leftist ideology" on the bottom of a Memri TV screenshot and no one would bat an eye

Isn't that true of most Fox News screenshots?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Surely someone has some malarone left...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"[img posted:

https://i.imgur.com/D9Z7Zqj.jpg[/img]"]

not wearing sleeves is demeaning

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

it both rules and is mystifying that the ondp of all parties is like 'no we're doing great why would we want to change anything?'

Sounds to me like "We know anything we try is going to make it much worse"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

namaste friends posted:

cigarette taxes are racist

Only on menthols.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"Head Tax!" I scream as my property values skyrocket into the stratosphere

You have to be in Canada to benefit from Charter protection, don't you? Is that how we justified fighting against women's rights in Africa?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The justification for defunding women's' health orgs sounds familiar, IDK how the charter applies to non-citizens though

It applies to them just fine if they're physically in Canada. If a UFO landed in Burnaby and aliens started pouring out of it, they'd be included in the definition of "everyone".

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Dreylad posted:

"first paddle of the year." why do "paddlers" sounds as nuts as horse people.

loving a bear on land is hard enough, try it in a kayak.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

namaste friends posted:

who can guess what he says here

"Here begins thirteen minutes of your life that would've been better-spent drinking household cleaning products"?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Winter Olympics is "50 different kinds of skiing and one team sport" so of course it's the norway show

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Canada: loving Smooth

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

"I'm going to show you why they call me 'Smoothie'" — Justin Trudeau
https://twitter.com/Bmac0507/status/967145190736609280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

namaste friends posted:

defund the cbc

I'd love to take credit for Jesse "Shilling for Bitcoin While Owning It" Hirsch's departure from the morning show but I can't have been the only one to take umbrage at him encouraging old radio-listeners to prop up the bubble he'd invested in. Shame the lesson didn't stick.