Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
The dog should have a name :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Let it earn a name.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

T+0:08 to T+0:10

With the teams in place, Anderson and Hams take up positions outside the pantry door, pull it open, and begin a sweep. There's nothing in the pantry but tinned goods, sealed bottles, and bags of dry goods. As their lanterns meet, they know they've secured one room.

code:
Radec (9): Wait (9)
Hams (11): Pick Up Lantern (4), To Standing (1), Turn 1 Hexside (1), Advance (1), Advance (1) Advance (1), Turn 1 Hexside (1), Advance (1)
Vicky (9): Turn 2 Hexsides (1), Raise Sights (2), Wait (6)
Anderson (9): To Standing (1), Turn 1 Hexside (1), Advance (1), Advance (1), Open Panty Door (3), Advance (1), Advance (1)

Mike (9): Wait (9)
Jill Thrill (10): Pick Up Lantern (4), Adv. Oblique (4), Put Down Lantern (2/4)
Burt (9): Wait (9)
Billy King (9): Turn 1 Hexside (1), Wait (8)

Casval (9): Wait (9)
Nerimantas (11): Wait (11)
T+0:10 to T+0:12, Impulse 1

Inside the kitchen, a door creaks and a sense of despair suddenly hits: it's too late, Shinano has become one of the undead; what are moral men and women like us to three vampires; we're all going to die or become undead ourselves. For most, it a fleeting thought, but to Vicky and Mike, their bodies feel weak and their arms falter...

code:
Radec (3/9): Wait (3)
Hams (3/11): Advance (1), Turn 2 Hexsides (1), Advance (1)
Vicky (3/9): Wait (3)
Anderson (3/9): Advance (1), Advance (1), Advance (1)

Mike (3/9): Wait (3)
Jill Thrill: (3/10): Put Down Lantern (2/4), To Kneeling (1)
Burt (3/9): Wait (3)
Billy King (3/9): Wait (3)

Casval (3/9): Wait (3)
Nerimantas (3/11): Wait (3)
T+0:10 to T+0:12, Impulse 2

The scullery maid lets loose a horrid, desperate scream and charges at Radec, knife in hand. Radec pulls the trigger and an entire shotshell slams into her leg at close range. The handful of pellets bounce off her shin bone and rip their way out of her leg in all directions, she falls, skids, and comes to a halt next to Radec.

At the same time, shots as fast as a Maxim gun ring out from the entry hall, catching Jill in the ribs. Vicky tries to return fire and finds that her body is too scared to aim properly at what she can't see, while Burt and Billy fire at an abyssal, ungodly travesty of a face that appears behind a revolver in the doorway. Perhaps the worst part is that Billy is sure he saw the vampire's head split open in the muzzle flash from her revolver, but she just leaned back into cover...

code:
BRIDE OF VULKODLAK FIRING ON JILL THRILL
Skill: 11
Range: 3 Hexes (+25)
Aim Time: 1 (-17)
Standing Target: +8
Kneeling Shooter: +3
Firing One-Handed: -4
Effective Accuracy: 26
Hit Chance: 97%

HIT!

Liver - Rib: 6 Damage (Fractured Rib)
Jill is not knocked out.
code:
BRIDE OF VULKODLAK FIRING ON VICKY
Range: 5 Hexes (+22)
Target in Cover: +0
Effective Accuracy: 19
Hit Chance: 61%

Miss!
code:
BRIDE OF VULKODLAK FIRING ON BILLY KING
Range: 5 Hexes (+20)
Effective Accuracy: 25
Hit Chance: 95%

Miss!
code:
RADEC FIRING ON SCULLERY MAID
Range: 1 (+33)
Aim Time: 6 (-4)
Moving Target: -5
Charging Target: -15
Standing Shooter: +0
Awkward Pose (Lantern): -2
Effective Accuracy: 26
Hit Chance: 97%

Hit!

Right Shin Bone: 71 Damage +10 Shock
Scullery Maid is Disoriented for 1 Phase
code:
BILLY KING FIRING ON BRIDE OF VULKODLAK
Aim Time: 2 (-11)
Effective Accuracy: 18
Hit Chance: 53%

Hit!

Forehead: 580000 Damage (Skull Fracture, Major Traumatic Brain Injury, Skull Fracture)
code:
BURT FIRING ON BRIDE OF VULKODLAK
Aim Time: 1 (-21)
Effective Accuracy: 8
Hit Chance: 8%

Miss!
code:
VICKY FIRING ON BRIDE OF VULKODLAK
Range: 5 Hexes (+22)
Aim Time: 1 (-23)
Firing At Muzzle Flash: -10
Effective Accuracy: 3
Hit Chance: 2%

Miss!
code:
Radec (2/9): Wait (1), Fire (1)
Hams (2/11): Advance (1), Advance (1)
Vicky (1/5): Fire (1)
Anderson (2/9): Advance (1), Advance (1)

Mike (1/5): Wait (1)
Jill Thrill: (2/10): To Kneeling (1/2), Change Facing 1 Hexside (1)
Burt (2/9): Turn 1 Hexside (1)
Billy King (2/9): Aim (1), Fire (1)

Casval (2/9): Wait (2)
Nerimantas (2/11): Aim (1), Aim (1)

Scullery Maid (1/?): Charge (1)
Bride of Vulkodlak: (4/?): Fire (1), Fire (1), Fire (1), Return to Cover (1)
There was a lot more shooting than I expected, so I'm splitting this update, sorry!

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 12, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

580,000 damage. Only in Phoenix Command.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

chitoryu12 posted:

580,000 damage. Only in Phoenix Command.

580,000 damage AND SHE'S STILL ALIVE KICKING.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Keep your head down, Dog :ohdear:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Davin Valkri posted:

580,000 damage AND SHE'S STILL ALIVE KICKING.

So basically your avatar.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You lucky bastards.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

LatwPIAT posted:

Perhaps the worst part is that Billy is sure he saw the vampire's head split open in the muzzle flash from her revolver, but she just leaned back into cover...

code:
BILLY KING FIRING ON BRIDE OF VULKODLAK
Aim Time: 2 (-11)
Effective Accuracy: 18
Hit Chance: 53%

Hit!

Forehead: 580000 Damage (Skull Fracture, Major Traumatic Brain Injury, Skull Fracture)

This isn't good, but it was only a rifle round. An introduction to Mr. Holland and Mr. Holland at point blank might be enough to put her down for the... Count :drac:

The Vamp has come in at almost exactly the right time and place, though. Three members of the assault team aren't in firing position and the Maxim is not only out of position, not only out of line of sight, it can't even try for the wallhack because we've got the same three guys in the road. Also a refrigerator, which is probably one of the best pieces of cover you're going to find in an average home. I think we've probably got the measure of her but I don't think we're coming out of this engagement without an incapacitation/death.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I mean any 'fridge' at this point is just going to be an ice box made of wood, thin sheet metal and insulation and probably only hip height. Is penetration through a vintage ice box listed in a table?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I mean any 'fridge' at this point is just going to be an ice box made of wood, thin sheet metal and insulation and probably only hip height. Is penetration through a vintage ice box listed in a table?

I don’t know why you would bother to ask when the answer is obviously yes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What model and year? I’ll look it up on the chart.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Table 7C singularly fails to account for iceboxes, strangely, but it does list a bunch of other things that we can sort of work with. I envisage the bullet's path from the Maxim to the Vampire (excluding people) as being approximately:

Exterior Wall
Icebox Exterior
Icebox Interior
Icebox Exterior
Interior Wall
Vampire

The Exterior Wall is brick and probably reasonably thick. We'll use the value for a 6" brick wall, a PF of 370.
The Icebox exterior in a nice home like this is going to be perhaps half an inch of wood? Go with that, PF of 1 and two of them.
The Icebox interior is a bit of a conundrum, but what I'm going to do is say that on average chilled food is mostly made up of water and use the profile for a 55gal drum of water. I realise that this is probably a slight overestimate but I expect containers, insulation and the like in the icebox to make up the difference. The PF is 8.
The interior wall is likely to be thin brick. We don't actually have an entry for thin brick so I'm going to very unscientifically say that if 6" brick has a PF of 370 and 12" brick has a PF of 980 and obviously 0" brick has a PF of 0 then we'll assume it's a second order polynomial curve with the equation 3.333x^2+41.667x (I know for a fact it isn't, PC loves its exponential relationships) and a 2" wall has a PF of about 97.

Total PF for penetration: 477
Penetration for a Maxim at the muzzle: 24
Conclusion: Whoops. In fairness, you guys were absolutely right. The icebox makes sod all difference. Neither does the vampire coming into the room, we still can't get through Victorian walls.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

drat Victorian chastity walls :argh:

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

T+0:10 to T+0:12, Impulse 3

The scullery maid crawls on the floor, trying to collect her senses when Radec slams the stock of his shotgun into her skull. She stops moving, courtesy of a depressed skull fracture. Hams and Anderson maneuver to storm the door towards the female vampire, while Vicky and Radec bring the rear up.

Just as they're about to burst in, Hams' eyes glaze over and he sinks together against the half-wall, eyes closed.

code:
RADEC STRIKING SCULLERY MAID
Skill: 10
Weapon Class: -2
Attack Level: 8
Parry Class: Defenceless
Hit Chance: 100%

Hit!

Head: 2000 Damage
Scullery Maid is Knocked Out
code:
Radec (3/10): Strike (1), Recover (1), Change Facing 1 Hexside (1)
Hams (3/11): Advance (1), Adv. Oblique (2)
Vicky (1/5): Advance (1)

Mike (1/5): Pin Staircase (1)
Jill Thrill (3/10): Change Facing 2 Hexsides (1), Adopt Firing Position Over Table (2)
Burt (2/9): Change Facing 1 Hexside (1), Adopt Firing Position Around Wall (1/2)
Billy King (2/9): Wait (2)

T+0:10 to T+0:12, Impulse 4

Anderson rushes over to Hams, who by all appearances is sound asleep and doesn't respond to calls. Meanwhile, Jill Thrill catches eye of movement in the dark:

A woman in an unfashionable dress steps off the mezzanine balcony and descends, as gently as a leaf in autumn, towards the ground and disappears behind the corner.

code:
Radec (2/10): Advance (1), Advance (1)
Hams (N/A): Sleeping
Vicky (1/5): Advance (1)

Mike (1/5): Wait (1)
Jill Thrill (2/10): Wait (2)
Burt (2/9): Adopt Firing Position Around Wall (1/2), Wait (1)
Billy King (2/9): Wait (2)

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 14, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sleeping is better than being compelled against his teammates, so there.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Scullery maid successfully incapacitated without any canid casualties. We’re right in track.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
If we get to the larder can we throw sides of cow at the Vampire Queens to try and Steak them?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

wedgekree posted:

If we get to the larder can we throw sides of cow at the Vampire Queens to try and Steak them?

boo this man

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

JcDent posted:

boo this man
well done that man

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Just havin a zz will be up in a mo

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

well done that man

A rare man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

Just havin a zz will be up in a mo

I was up late reading a novella

• Locked thread