Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
gently caress it, Reginald ffinch-ffarrowmere, ready to do his bit for an empire that hasn't existed for the last 75 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
1.Guzman
2.Müller
3.Abiodun
4.Su Chen

Medic and procurement are the priorities, and Su Chen and Abiodun seem the best pair for some all round basic training. Plus as international Spec OPs about the only target any one is going to be able to agree to send us after is going to be browns in the middle east, so COIN training seems like a great idea.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I think that refers to the ammunition type.

I was annoyed I didn't make the cut by 5 minutes but in retrospect since we took 40% casualties I'm not too upset. Lets hope the next one is less bloody.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I think people wanting to upgrade our firepower are forgetting just how insanely lethal the last fire fight was already. All told 15 people died in 22 seconds. That said I vote for:

Plan Increase Wounds

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I'm sure we could afford a t34 at least, maybe even a t55.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
If it does I would imagine piat will take a guessed consensus since really there's only 2 or 3 significantly different plans.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Well they are also effective against pistols and smgs at medium range, and we are soon going to be dealing with enemy explosives I would have to imagine.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I think the cause of that effect is quite simple. Most of combat is people ducking in cover, refusing to peak out, hiding, ect ect. Which is boring so it gets skipped over.

If you have a more abstract system is can compensate for this to some extent by only allowing one action per minute, or whatever. Obviously it doesn't take one minute for someone to fire a burst or swing a sword but it might well take one minute from them to pluck up the courage and do it. But no one wants 29 rounds of failing morale checks then 1 round of action, which is what it would end up being in Phoenix Command. Honestly I think what phoneix command was born to be is a swat storming simulator where everything would happen at that kind of pace with a very set start and end to the engagement.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
1. Increase wounds.
2.Cathode heavy assault
3. Angora 2
4. Better protection for faster troops.

Those voting plan goat please note the plan buys grenade launchers however it omits to purchase any grenades to use in them. making it rather questionable.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

LatwPIAT posted:

Please submit your final plans and votes by 19:00 GMT+0, 09 FEB 2018

There's three proposed plans already, so unless there's some strong objections I think I can set that deadline and have a neat weekend. :3:

You can still submit plans, I'm just setting a deadline so things don't drag on for too long. :keke:

We are indeed voting yet, and I am voting for Holy Grail because it is the plan that gives me the best body armour in the squad.

If you want my vote feel free to draw up a plan that has me hiding in a bush in the back wearing 2 helmets and 3 vests. I would definitely vote for that.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Tip top shooting there Reginald old chap. Doing Blighty proud.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Out of morbid curiosity, how long did it take you to resolve that one grenade hit?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
They aren't allowed to do that. I do appreciate their elan to charge us in unarmed, virtually unarmoured vehicles clinging to the roof though.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
code:
REGINALD FIRING ON FIRST STRELA-1
Skill: 11
Aim Time: 3 (-12)
Range: 18 (+12)
Target Size (Vehicle): +19
Target Size (Desant): +6
Effective Accuracy: 30/17
Hit Chance: 100% /69%

SUCCESS/SUCCESS!

Arc of Fire: 1.2
ROF: 5
Size: 19/3/3
Hit Chance: 95%/10%/10%

Tango (AKM): 0 Hits
Tango (AKM) 2 Hits (Penetrates into First Strela-1)
First Strela-1: 6 Hits + 2 Hits

TANGO (AKM)
Right Shin - Bone: 175 Damage
Right Thigh - Flesh: 527 Damage

STRELA-1
Hull Side -> Front Lower Side - Driver & Commander: Penetration! (PEN 2.6)
Hull Side -> Hull Side - Driver & Commander: Penetration! (PEN 3)
Hull Side -> Graze
Turret Side - > Missiles: Missiles Disabled (1% chance of fire - no fire!)
Hull Side -> Lower Hull - Belly Wheel: Failure to penetrate!!!
Hull Side -> Hull Side - Engine: Penetration! (1% chance to disable - engine not disabled)
Turret Side -> Missiles: Missiles already disabled! (1% chance of fire - no fire!)
Hull Side -> Graze

DRIVER HIT (PEN 2.7, DC 1)
Right Elbow: 3 Damage (Elbow Joint Fracture, continues into Techie)

TECHIE HIT (PEN 0.6, DC 1)
Hip Socket: 0 Damage

DRIVER HIT (PEN 3, DC 1)
Right Shin - Bone: 1 Damage (Tibia Fracture) KO
So if I interpret this right I just hosed up the guy on the roof, disabled the missiles, and penetrated the BRDM with a bullet that then penetrated the driver and hit the techie too? Albeit for no damage.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Before we get all excited about these BRDMs I just want to point out how we thoroughly we wrecked them with small arms. Without even bothering with AP ammo. These things are death traps in a fight, they are not AFVs, they are scout cars.

If 5.56 FMJ did this to them imagine what 7.62 AP would do, never mind 12.7 or 14.5.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I feel like BRDM duty needs to be strictly volunteer only.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

HereticMIND posted:

Lookit all that salvage! Just lookit! Think of all the money we could get from selling some of it! Do we really need all those AKMs?

Those busted Strelas might still fetch a decent price if we sell them for parts!

Aren't we NATO commandos not rag tag mercenaries? If we're politically untouchable as is imagine what will happen if we start selling guns on the black market to fund ourselves.

bibliosabreur posted:

The Skorpions might be useful sidearms for our grenadiers, if they get enough of a speed boost over the FNC load. If the grenadiers are firing their small arms, something has gone wrong; whichever they're using, whether FNC of Skorp, it's supposed to be for just long enough until they can get back to their grenade launcher.

In that case, the Skorp might be less of a weight and hence speed liability than the big FNC rifle. (Probably not shown in PC: the ability of the Skorpion to be holstered instead of slung over the back. That's why some photos of the Skorpion show it with the tiny 10-round magazine instead of the longer 20-round mag; with the 10-shot mag it fits nicely into a hip holster, and once you burn through those rounds, you can switch to a 20-round mag. In both cases you're unlikely to kill anyone, of course, but maybe you can keep the guy's head down until you get to safety and can pull out your grenade launcher.)

Is suppression even modelled in this system? I haven't seen any mention of it.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
All of these ideas assume engagements on a vastly larger scale in numbers and space. I'm pretty sure we are commandos guys, not a loving Ukrainian milita.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
1. Cammo
2.Demo charges
3. M4s w/RCO
4. M4s w/M203

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
A HMMWV (even the up armoured variants) is even less armoured than the BRDMs and look what happened to them. Light vehicles are transport, not AFVs. I mean I guess everyone in the vehicles can wear the ranger armour with plates and then hopefully have a chance when they inevitably get collandered.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Reginald will get his +1 in str then spend the rest of the time at the range practicing Gun Combat

Also crewing the HWMVV coffin should be strictly volunteers only. Reginald hearby registers his complete refusal to volunteer. IF you're looking for someone to sweep mines with a toothpick then he's up for that. But not setting one toe in that deathtrap.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Bacarruda posted:

I dunno if latwPIAT is taking suggestions, but if so...I think it's time to dive back into that building.

I hosed that guy up good for you at least :unsmith:

HereticMIND I feel should take note of what I do to people who hurt our medic.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I think it's saying you are shooting at a hex not at a tango. Since a hex is a quite large area you get a decent boost to chance to land some bullets in the target area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's one tough scapula that tango has to soak a .50 hit.

• Locked thread