Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Aww yeah, turbo-grog infantryman game is back.

Sign me up as ”Shakey” Jake Shootman

Can I be a cowardly and under qualified officer? If not, a soldier will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Shakey Jake is an exemplar of good health but average in every other regard. Except for teaching and ... .

Time to settle in for a long, mediocre career.

Please don’t use me as a human shield.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Especially in this game where, if memory serves, strength is the most important stat and determines whether you will be able to move or carry anything.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
4.Chen
3.Müller
2.Guzman
1. Tiller

Shakey Jake is voting full medic, because he’s got the health to live forever if he receives prompt, high quality trauma care.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I have a confession to make about Shakey Jake. He has a phobia of getting hit by bullets.

Even so, he is too weak to hope to carry an MG or much ammo so I’m signing him up for bullet sponge Rifleman duty, although I haven’t read the plans yet so not voting on that just now.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

How long does it take to punch a man to death?

e - Assuming you are both of average stats and you are punching him in the face.

Dunno, but I remember from Thunderdome that it takes not that long to stab someone in the neck with scissors.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
A pot full of hot grease was going to be one of the weapons in Thunderdome had it run its course.

Probably.

Also, voting for Squealing Eagle

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Shakey Jake’s loadout: Rifleman. FNC + 3 reloads, 2x M67 Frag, 1x M18 Smoke

EDIT: if it’s not too much bookkeeping, could you toss a Browning Hi Power and a few mags on top of this? I should be able to carry that without taking a run speed hit. Otherwise, the above load out is fine.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 29, 2018

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
:stare:

Jesus we got dropped right into the poo poo immediately on that one. Shakey Jake lives to fight again by the narrowest of margins.

:rip: Brave Deadgoons

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
After my brief hospital stay I think I want to be maxing PT.

Can I have one of the Minimis or PKM’s? I think I’ve earned it as the first goon to take one for the team.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Hrm...

We burn a lot of budget points if we go with the package, and it doesn’t look like the SG is enough of an upgrade to justify how much it will cost us. The Ranger body armor with an insert is great and will stop rifle rounds reliably at any range, but it’s expensive and heavy so we should only buy one or two max, and probably zero since we’ll argue over who gets it.

I think the best way to max out our combat effectiveness with the purchase options is to go heavy into grenade launchers. SO:

Arms Plan Cathode: Grenadier Edition
6x HK691 (66 points)
40x spare grenades (16 points)
1x P90 (6 points)

TOTAL: 88 points

This let’s us put grenade launchers on everything that’s not an LMG and gives us a P90 for any low strength goons

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

LatwPIAT posted:

The HK69A1 is a separate weapon, not an underbarrel grenade launcher like the GL5040.

drat!

That changes things. Editing the plan now.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

sebmojo posted:

I think body armour for door openers is a good idea.

Arms Plan Cathode: Grenadier Heavy Assault Edition
2x HK691 (22 points)
20 spare grenades (8 points)
2x Ranger Body Armor with plate (42 points)
2x P90 (12 points)

TOTAL: 84 points

This let’s us outfit one heavy assault point man per team for breaching/grenadiering/hit tanking, or perhaps split the grenade launchers out if the weight is too much. The p90’s can either be used for weak goons or strong but overburdened goons wearing the body armor.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Helmets are going to get penned easily by incoming rifle rounds at any range, inflicting damage to the head that is not survivable.

Meanwhile, ranger armor, or ranger armor with plate, covers a much larger area where hits are more survivable. It likely would have saved the unfortunate goon who took a hit in the heart, for instance.

Scrub tier body armor isn’t really worth it for anyone, since, while affordable, it is heavy. I say at this point ranger armor for those who can carry it and keep up is the only worthwhile choice.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Dammit! I missed the vote, although it wouldn’t have mattered.

I still maintain that the soundest strategy for keeping our troops safe is to ensure that the entire battlefield is exploding all the time :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
We must risk everything to capture the Gaskins.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I like the idea of the mortar BDRM the best if we can drum up a mortar for it. Seems the most sensible but also the most explodish.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Also I don’t like how dismissive you’re being of one day becoming a Ukrainian militia. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, and if the time comes that it becomes clear that we should become a Ukrainian militia, I say we do it :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Pea posted:

So Hippoliet was fit enough to carry a wounded comrade, put on a field dressing and then get back to the fight. But now you're telling me they can't even read a book in bed? :eng99:

Shakey Jake took 11 damage 2 missions ago and he’s still not fit enough to train.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Tangos have developed adamantium scapula technology.

We must harvest this scapula after the op. It has so much to teach us.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
:stare:

I’m so glad that Shakey Jake took that bullet in the opening seconds of the opening mission. It saved him from taking so many bullets in this mission.

There’s just brains spread everywhere at this point, huh?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

wedgekree posted:

Ow medic plz!

So, who do we have left that's combat capable? Including walking wounded.

And is it worth it to try and have folks gather up the injured or secure the area first?

Congrats on taking otu the worst of it!

And can someone please patch me up? If anyone is alive.

Are you Redshirt Lad?

Because if you are, I have some bad news...

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Davin Valkri posted:

Redshirt Lad is actually unconscious, not dead. Granted, he's out for 32 hours, so there's not much hope of him getting back in the fight, but I don't think he's at risk of bleeding out in any immediate time frame.

I don’t remember the specific damage table and I don’t want to be a Negative Nancy but even if Redshirt Lad is carried off the field right this second I don’t like his chances with the medical care we can actually manage to give him :ohdear:

Fyksen is having some rocking luck though.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

FrangibleCover posted:

A consultation of Table 8D, subsection 3, clause 8 demonstrates that the best trauma centre is actually a magic space hospital from the year 3000 or something and the one we have access to makes it an approximate 50/50 live or die. We can finish this engagement in perfect safety though, it doesn't matter how soon we get to him outside of absolutely having to get to him within 3 minutes. After that he's stable enough to steal his gun and ignore him.

How long after that do we have to get him to some trauma center, somewhere so that he will have a double digit percentage chance to survive?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

HardDiskD posted:

Is this how it could go? Did I miss something? I know its a very unlikely chain of events but I'm very confused because 1.5m damage is literally off the chart, and I'm not sure why they even bothered filling up those last rows.

A level 18 trauma center practices magical nanite medicine in outer space, so 2 second first aid also probably assumes a similar level of technology.

Or maybe Phoenix Command is the groggiest game ever and needs a table entry for everything, even things that could never plausibly happen.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

LatwPIAT posted:

Wear your helmet. It saves lives.

More like “Wear a helmet, it will save [moments or perhaps hours of] your life [until you get hit somewhere else by something else]!”

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 22, 2018

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

bibliosabreur posted:

For the BRDM, I say we handle it the old-fashioned way: boarding party, assemble!

We don’t have cutlasses though.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I hope some of those reserves have good stats for handling MG’s because that’s been our bread and butter but even best case scenario most of our MG goons will be out for 50-100 day’s or so.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Gotta simulate every skull fragment flying around.
Next time try to kill with a strong explosive so there's only fine crimson mist.

Then it would be “roll 6,000,000 d100’s to determine how gently each fine crimson mist droplet settles on the burnt ground”

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

90s Cringe Rock posted:

:allears: hey latwpiat, what possible use could you have for 105mm beehive rounds in a small-unit tactical combat game? :allears:

You’re talking about an infantry combat game that has rules for dinosaurs and scissor fights. So it’s possible that they’re there just for the sake of completeness.

But you’re right, her use for the rules can only be shreddin’ goons. All the goons, all at once.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
The dog should have a name :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Keep your head down, Dog :ohdear:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I mean any 'fridge' at this point is just going to be an ice box made of wood, thin sheet metal and insulation and probably only hip height. Is penetration through a vintage ice box listed in a table?

I don’t know why you would bother to ask when the answer is obviously yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Scullery maid successfully incapacitated without any canid casualties. We’re right in track.

• Locked thread