Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

can also someone explain to me how a guy who is a normal human can turn his fists into magic boxing gloves and KO saber. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rex must be put on the back burner regardless as tobbs was dueling him when a nk happened

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Same barring some huge revelation

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I need to read some of Sal's other games first tho

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

KhediveRex posted:

Gulag, can you link me to a couple games where the 3p dies immediately after failing his objective? Call me new but, that makes a lot less sense to me. I think that would be a terrible handicap for town.

i said absconds, not dies. im not going to dig up a whole bunch of games because i don't have many in recent memory but i've never seen say, a lyncher stick around after their target is executed. the reason is that town can feel forced to waste a lynch on them since, now there is a person who isn't scum, but can decide to be anti-town if they want to, hanging around.

exception that proves the rule as i could abscond at will but this was wacky april fools mafia.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620054&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=83#post428296504

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

maybe i shouldnt be telling you these things.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm on break so just popping in to ask: Does it make sense that town would have two roleblockers? We have Princes flash of light and Tobbs dueling (which admittedly isn't a "true" roleblock, but still produces the same result)
i mean. we had two town roleblockers. they flipped as such. what are you getting at?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you are going to drive me insane in real life

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i absolutely do not care about flavor poo poo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dude i havent even seen this anime/played this game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

like what are you saying. that his ability doesn't do what he says it did? cause tobbs disagreed with that assessment, when he said he was in our masonry, in this thread.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

My issue with it is that everyone who has claimed a roleblock has mentioned flavor, and we've gone 4 game days without anyone else claiming a no-flavor one.

Even if scum has a roleblocker - why would they block you (who said you can only target servants) and kill AA? Like what would even be the point of that?

here is my theory, that i posted. i dont think its a scum roleblocker.

GulagDolls posted:

bruh your own result should give you confirm to you that it can't be me. i told you my action failed and you saw a guy who flipped town, whose role description from bif and role name seems to imply mimicry, when we've had a roleblocker flip already, whose last words that he thought i was evil, visit me. what do you think he was doing??

nullifies action as it steals or w/e. im assuming thats what happened because the one thing we knew about that role is that it could mimic things, allegedly, it sname is 'trace,' and he aint claim nothing else so what else would he be doing to visit me. are oyu just saying thousands and thousands of words to sal in your chat now instead of posting in the thread.

also again, why would i make this up. the sequence of events was

me: my action failed for some reason.

you: was it a flash of light (flashlight guy already dead)

me: *twenty minutes after first post* no

not only is there no scum motivation to make that up, but also, if i did want to make something up, i had a lot of time to think of something cooler, which i would have.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think im ready to vote because we are just all focusing on different dumb poo poo now. some of it dumber than others.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dude

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my guy is going to go try his luck in hajime no ippo mafia. i think magic boxing is allowed in that anime

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mmt stopped the arguments by killing all the participants

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

lol at everyone talking about Sal believing MMT but they didn’t vote scumslop Rex because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you have to kill gilgamesh last. hes the final boss

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we should have one designated game per mafia year where you are allowed to be as much of a monster as you wish but during all other games you must be a n angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think the only time something got under my skin was the quid/bif fight because i witnessed something similiar in ff6 and it was just like, god drat why is this happening again.

sal you characterized me as a frustrated townie but honestly I don't think I was invested in the game to that degree. like I said I was frustrated during the quid/bif thing but i think a lot of what you were picking up on is just uhhh. how me talk. i don't think/mean for it to come off as aggressive either so x_x; i was suffering from a lack of sleep during the final days so i did end up invoking the dread word 'bruh'

also it was a good game. thanks nat20

• Locked thread