Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Put me down as a backup if there's a list for that. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

Give my spot to Prince of Space we need good new blood

Oh, I was not expecting this. It's totally unnecessary for you to give up your spot to me, but I thank you nonetheless!

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

raiment on Discord

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Wow I think I have an enemy in Tobbs Gnawed?

Unnecessarily confrontational. We aren't Soldiers any more!

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

I also don't have a clue what's going on in regard to the source material, so please don't expect any roleplay from me on this one! :nyoron:

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

So I just looked up what Miller and Berserker mean in Mafia terms. I gather everyone's got some pretty crazy or nuanced roles in this game, as promised by the OP.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Well folks I've been doing some research on the source material and let me tell you I think the magical girls must be protected.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

not entirely, cause I want to be nice to Prince this game :3:

Aw, that is kind of you!

I likewise hope there's no horrific fallout from alignment accusations between us.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Well, before the Texas/Mexico meta chat goes away, I'm think I'm gonna throw down a ##vote Tobbs Gnawed because I never got to punch him in the Soldiers game.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

KhediveRex posted:

Bif is Shinji.

How is Bif Shinji?

Sounds like Shinji-talk, KehdiveRex.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Monathin posted:

Careful about moving votes too quick, friends. 14 people doesn't let too much margin for error.

Fine then -
##unvote
Consider yourself un-punched, Tobbs. All's well! :wave:

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

It's "Fate/stay Night" and it's a Japanese visual novel from 2004.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Bif is clearly 3P Rider who wants to kill Shinji.

Doesn't Rider normally want to protect Shinji? I thought Shinji and Rider had a Master/Servant relationship.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

I do feel like people who know the source material have a leg up on what to expect in this game.

What's so wrong with Quidthulhu wanting to know more about the subject?

I mean, aside from the whole anime aspect-

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

grudge over

N o i c e

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

From the DBZ game that was run by N20, the heroic characters (Goku, Piccolo, etc) were scum, and the the villain characters (Freeza, The Ginyu force, etc) were Town. I wouldn't put too much on knowing the source material because frequently that can be a determent (i.e. early in the DBZ game there was confusion when the roles were swapped with how they should've been). I also think we are still in jokephase for a little while longer so I wouldn't take anything too seriously here.

Thanks, this helped!

Now I know I don't have to binge-watch something just to spot my character or to know who's acting like a specific character, or whatever.

Did scum Goku wind up winning DBZ mafia?

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

no, i'm pretty sure goku was taken out by an inf dayvig. if i remember correctly, inf killed almost the entire scum team by himself

Wow he must've been powering up for a really long time! :ssj:

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah everyone's playin' we're all good boys and girls here.

Yes we are all good boys and girls but who is best? Best girl? Best boy? Best Master? Best Servant?

Best means Grail. The Grail is... only for the best?

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

kill quid kill quid kill
quid kill quid kill quid kill quid
kill quid kill quid kill

Terrible haiku.
Have you no creative side?
I ##vote GulagDolls

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't even want the grail.

Ey, lookit this guy who sez he don't even want the Grail in the middle of a Holy War!

Still you, may have a point.

I think there's enough minecraft Grail to go around.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

I was just wondering when the Jojo references were going to appear.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

ok who is best JoJo this is important

My familiarity with Jojo originally come from a friend's playstation game, which was a fighting game with a comic-book-like story element - I was pretty good with Joseph Joestar I guess? :shrug:

I also like to play as Ryu. :downs:

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

hmm...you know hwat. i agree. asking for fake evidence and then being seemingly convinced by fake evidence is the number one sign of someone, who is, who is someone that i am going to vote for. ##vote juchero

I thought he was your friend, voting for Quidthulhu along with you?

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Juchero posted:

i am in deep haiku debt

##unvote

Your vote was too forced.
GulagDolls' case was "kill Quid."
Your debt is unpaid.

##vote Juchero

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Your haiku writing and haiku appreciation skills leave much to be desired, Juchero.

I still feel like this thread is owed a haiku from you.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Juchero posted:

i dun hosed up mafia
feels familiar don't it just
live free or die town

There - that wasn't so hard!

##unvote for haiku effort.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

I voted for Juchero because they said they were in haiku debt to the thread and yet they still hadn't offered us one.

When they made two haikus and shared them with us, I rescinded my vote. It was a joke-phase vote anyway, much like the vote I put out on you, GulagDolls, for your terrible "kill Quid" haiku.

I didn't realize "joke phase" was over. My apologies! This is my second Mafia game after all, and I was under the impression that joke phase never actually ends.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Don't die, jokephase! We need our people to live, and to not be killed! After all...

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

nooo I was gonna post that D2 after a quick Photoshop to make it say "NIGHTkilled"

Noooooo!

Well in that case ~

Haters gonna hate.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

anyone want to just dogpile a lurker or somethin.

I was just wondering what Chic Trombone's thoughts were on anime, video games, and erotic novels.

-Or B-minus1's, for that matter.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Chic Trombone posted:

anyways i don't want to poo poo the thread up with this too much more but not everyone has the luxury of being able to sit on their rear end and post all day long and it's legitimately confounding/infuriating to me that people seem to have accepted this lurking = autoscum mindset while i've been away from mafia

All you've been doing since the game started has been trying to disengage from it. Lurking should be discouraged and scrutinized, regardless of alignment.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Gulag you sound very town so I might listen to you about Rex but what do you think about Quid :v:

GulagDolls posted:

Not to be rude, but we need to cut off quid's head immediately.

GulagDolls posted:

kill quid kill quid kill
quid kill quid kill quid kill quid
kill quid kill quid kill
What more is there to say? V:shobon:V

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Juchero posted:

it would actually make sense that berserker and ilya can't talk because berserker is a big ol dummy who can't communicate outside of angry growls and grunts

So are you suggesting that it's the NORM for Servant/Master pairs to be in a masonry this game? This is very troubling... such Role Madness indeed!

Not to try and rolefish here, but didn't Tired Moritz early on say that he was "best girl?" Does that mean Tired Moritz and 50 pounds of bread might be in a mason-buddy-alliance?

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Prince needs to give some more actual reads instead of just flavor stuff too.

Sorry I've been engrossing myself in the flavor of it all recently, much like B-minus1 has been.

My next post will have actual reads on people, trying to ignore setup spec (the bane of my existence).

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Monathin posted:

Like Bif said though - who do you got thinking as suspect? We weren't on the same side in Shine but I was pretty impressed with your posting there, gimme something.

Prince of Space's Day 1 reaction summaries
  • 50 pounds of bread - RPing a Berserker. Might try and kill some scum later, might miss and hurt somebody. Wildcard.
  • b-minus1 - lowest postcount for Day1, but seems willing to engage if called out. Will watch for contributions later.
  • Bifauxnen - highest postcount for Day1, seems to be pointing a lot of fingers but showing good scum-hunting efforts. Knows the lore/flavor. Leaning town.
  • Chic Trombone - reacted poorly/aggressively to being called a lurker, tried to disengage from joke phase. Leaning null-to-scummy right now.
  • GulagDolls - bloodlust early on for Quidthulhu made me skeptical, but bloodlust in general shows a willingness to hunt down scum. Leaning town.
  • Juchero - Voted for Quidthulhu early on with nothing but a bad GulagDoll haiku as reasoning. Suspicious - was he trying to start an early bandwagon? Leaning scummy currently.
  • KhediveRex - talks of loneliness and chess in a disconcerting way - at first mistaken to be flavor. Sudden avatar change (anti-Bifauxnen) and general demeanor (voting self) raises flags.
  • Monathin - seems hesitant to share and commit to decisions overmuch. Caused an interruption in the "potential turbo" of Quidthulhu early on Day 1. Null read/watching for contributions.
  • Murmur Twin - seems willing to share thoughts and throw out accusations on gut reads. Pot-stirrer, but maybe also throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what will stick. I want to lean town but it's too early on.
  • Prince of Space - Null, selfread, new to non-Soldiers mafia.
  • Quidthulhu - Seems like a popular guy that people want out of the game for meta reasons. Argumentative in sometimes roundabout or unhelpful ways. Willing to give him a pass for Day 1 because they were lynched early on as scum in their last mafia game, Shine V.
  • SalTheBard - Came out of the woodwork to talk to me about DBZ Mafia and how the roles in that game didn't indicate alignment. Nice guy, from what I gathered from Shine V. Would still vote for the lack of content in his posts.
  • Tired Moritz - Our "Best Girl" needs to step up her game.
  • Tobbs Gnawed - Threw out a lot of vote pressure Day 1 and started out with a Miller claim. Seems like trouble and a rabble-rouser, but in Mafia that can be a useful tool for finding scum. Null/paying attention.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, I'm not a Miller PoS, I'm a flavor Miller. And with Bif's super helpful explanations am maybe not as flavor millery ad I originally thought.

Ah, I see that there's a difference between types of Miller. I will note that down in my copy-book!

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

What, specifically, would you say are bif's "Good scum-hunting efforts?" Please explain why you have a town read on her, in detail, and in regards to her scumhunting.

I don't have a 100% town read on her - I can't. I'm leaning town on Bifauxnen because I read her accusatory tone and I see what she's doing - poking at people for their weirder decisions and trying to catch them in a slipup.

The fact that she's poking at you doesn't necessarily mean you're the bad guy, it just means you did something that didn't jive well with her logical setup.

Bifauxnen feels your behavior surrounding Juchero is suspicious, and I would agree.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

What is suspicious about my behavior surrounding Juchero, in your own words?

The whole thing was weird, but let me summarize:

GulagDolls votes for Quidthulhu.
Juchero asks for a haiku.
GulagDolls delivers the "kill Quid" haiku.
Juchero votes for Quidthulhu.
People declare this a bad vote.
Juchero unvotes from Quidthulhu.
Quidthulhu and others vote for Juchero.
Quidthulhu clears Juchero by saying,

Quidthulhu posted:

I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so now I'm wondering about this poo poo :v:
Quidthulhu and others unvote from Juchero.

That's about it!
That activity is what got Bifauxnen's attention onto you.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Also I like how you put me, Tobbs, MMT, and Bif into a game and suddenly there is no jokephase :v:

Would you four jokesters please put down the swords and look into someone other than yourselves for today?

I am also in agreement with those saying that this feels like a town/town slapfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

What do you think of it?

I think that the four most "serious" posters in this game (Quidthulhu, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen) should be left alone for today. They've been posting enough semi-productive stuff that they can be caught by it later.

Personally I think scum is sitting back day 1, lurking and waiting to see where the town's pendulum is swinging before deadline hits.

• Locked thread