Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Sign me up~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

"Role Madness".

"Weird Roles."

"Slightly Damaged Mind."

Who could possibly say no to that? I'm down. I'm a relative novice in the world of Mafia but, if you don't mind a little bit of fumbling and a lot of questions, sign me up.

Yaaay hi KRex! :j::hf::v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Monathin posted:

I strongly prefer discord but would not be opposed to gdocs.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Another note, I can modify my googledoc templates to be more mobile friendly, but it makes setup time more difficult for me.

Do people really want mobile friendly googledoc submissions, or is that something I can eschew in favour of more convenience for myself?

I'm fine with mobile-unfriendly.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

https://discord.gg/ffcuZ

Hello everyone.

I'm still getting set up, but everyone get in this discord. It should be completely blank and will become relevant when I dole out role PMs.

I got ďthe discord link is expiredĒ when I clicked :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Neato bandito.

I watched a few episodes of this one.

I don't believe you ##vote Tobbs

(as usual I know nothing about the flavor at all :eng99:)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

oh good, I'm really looking forward to seeing what normal Prince posting is

If you want, the Mexicans in this thread can help you spot it :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I have no loving idea what's going on

I should hope not, but I don't care how random the alignments are, if Shinji is in this game he needs to fuckin die

This describes how I felt about Evangelion back when I watched anime.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yeah I'm going to try and cool it on references to past games, I can see where that can get obnoxious to those that weren't in them.

Prince of Space posted:

Well folks I've been doing some research on the source material and let me tell you I think the magical girls must be protected.

:v::respek::j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

Thou doth protest too much.

##vote:Bif

... Also I have no idea who Shinji is...

For a vote to count you want to bold it, like this: ##vote Bif :eng101:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Do I need to watch this anime

Is this the same thing as hack//

Hahaha .hack was the Chrono Cross of anime - good music but the plot completely lost me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Monathin posted:

Careful about moving votes too quick, friends. 14 people doesn't let too much margin for error.

##vote Monathin

This kind of feels like feigned concern to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

In what way, MMT

In that I don't think "watch out, we don't want to accidentally get 8 votes on someone" is something that needs to be said.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

BERZERKER MAD, NEED FIGHT!!!!!!

Ooh you have a spot on your shirt.

*point to 50's shirt, flicks upward when he looks down*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

sup MT, this is gonna suck not having any Aussies around to help fill the dead time

Donít worry, Iím a lady of the night :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

lol nice new ave Khedive, glad you're reading Gaspy

Woah that is a cool avatar!

...what is it exactly?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

lol nice new ave Khedive, glad you're reading Gaspy

SalTheBard posted:

This is Venom Soag right? Your last avatar was from MG:S too. I'm seriously confused if you are loving with me right now.

Haha Gaspy = Venom Soag, KhediveRex is a different person (who was apparently gifted the avatar?)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Bif, what's the scumslip you're referring to with Tobbs?

Also I like how you put me, Tobbs, MMT, and Bif into a game and suddenly there is no jokephase :v:

I feel like rumors of the demise of jokephase have been greatly exaggerated :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I don't know what people are talking about :350:

GulagDolls posted:

I actually do think we should execute quid immediately. Guaranteed 2 piss me off regardless of alignment. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Here we go. ##vote Quid

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm home from work now,
Scanning the thread for cases,
Uhhhh... cloud emoji

Tired Moritz posted:

these haikus are poo poo

:sadpeanut:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

There's a lot of day left, but so far I'm most suss on anyone who hasn't been comfortable enough to dive in and get knee deep in jokephase. Even if you know nothing about the flavor, surely everyone can come together to recoil in horror at the rumor of dickworms.

So that means- *checks playerlist*

oh goddammit

I kind of think that there's both the "didn't play in Shine / doesn't get meta references" and "isn't familiar with the flavor" at play here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Monathin posted:

Careful about moving votes too quick, friends. 14 people doesn't let too much margin for error.

---

I'm also in TWEWY Mafia, which of course is another 25-player game. I didn't really take math into account, I just want to avoid accidental turbo and people throwing around votes on the same person willy-nilly.

I felt like the original comment felt forced, and the explanation didn't really sway me otherwise.

Monathin posted:

What if, and here's an honest question

What if I don't like this vote

---

Sounding kinda hedgey there, Bif. Not like Day 1 has any better cases.

He's not really putting a lot of thought into "who is scum?" - I feel like Monathin is using flavor knowledge to give the impression of content. The signal:noise ratio makes me suspicious. ##vote Monathin

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Ah, yeah, you're right. I recognized the avatar but couldn't remember who it belonged to. I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so now I'm wondering about this poo poo :v:

Haha that's my favorite memory of AR/Juchero, I led mislynches on him like 3 or 4 games in a row :j:

Juchero posted:

my defense is "i thought asking for haikus would be entertaining"

then i got them and i felt like i had to give back

i am in deep haiku debt

##unvote

As such, I believe this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

i will join this role madness game because i want to play with mmt again

Awww I just noticed this :glomp: Say something that makes me think you're not scum!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

I took a quick look. It was largely unhelpful.

I've responded to Bif more than I thought I had. I think i'm developing a cordial acquaintance with Prince of Space. I obviously didn't know either Shinji or Sakura before Bif made a stink about them. I seem to have some prior familiarity with MurmerTwin. I claim this is one of my first mafia games in my opening post, and state I'll play it because I enjoyed the possibility of wackiness.

.... I don't know. Theres not really a lot to go on yet. But I'm prepared to follow your gut on this one.

##vote Rex

Hahaha Rex, you're the best :j:

My gut says town here? I feel like a new scum player would be too self-conscious to post something like that.

That said - Rex: who are your scumbros?

SalTheBard posted:

That was the Death Note mafia game where I clearly showed I knew loving all about chess. I still not even sure what happened that game

I absconded from the scumteam to join the cops and then the cops all blew up :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

we should kill rex because i have no clue what theyre posting about

Hah that's how I feel about everyone posting about flavor stuff this game.

I'm feeling a bit suss on TM - I know he's not typically a :words:-y poster but he seems more hands-off than usual so far.

That said, I'm still feeling my vote on Monathin until he at least responds to my case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I find it's more often a scum tell when he argues for something really stupid

##vote Quid

Haha that's alignment neutral for Quid :j:

said Murmur from her glass house

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

cause I was already looking at Chic as a lurker anyway, so seeing her show up to still post hardly anything except a pre-emptive "boy it would sure be dumb to vote for lukers on D1 though hey" really rubbed me the wrong way. Throwing a vote down and having her go "HOW DARE YOU gently caress YOU" sure didn't help any haha

I think this might be one of those cases where you stop and consider "if she were actually town and frustrated at being cased for not showing up on a weekend d1, is her reaction believable?" and I personally think it is.

I'm not saying she's town (still null there) but lately I've been trying to believe people when they seem angry enough to tell others off and I'd prefer to avoid the game going in a more personal-attacks direction. :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

lol seriously

actually I forgot this game had lurker guns, hot drat

I'd kind of like it if someone else got it so I
I don't need to be the one responsible for shooting B-, but that's probably just useless wishful thinking

Wow I was unaware of the lurker gun thing, that's awesome.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm hoping that 50 is just trying some clever "best Mafia player ever" gambit and that he'll name the scumteam after a day of BLARGHing and not saying anything?

I definitely lean closer to scum than town for the time being. That said, for those casing him for low game content, I'd argue Monathin has less - at least 50 softclaimed flavor and voted somewhere.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

I second this question

Also, thirding this question.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

if you're not gonna properly read all my flavour ramblings next time just don't read them at all please

OK!

I'm mostly skimming the flavor stuff - N20 says we can't use it to solve the game so it feels like a huge distraction to me.

Juchero posted:

feel like people aren't giving this the attention it should get

Can you explain to me like I'm :350: what about it I should be paying attention to?

Are you saying 50 rolled scum Berserker and decided to openly roleplay that exact thing in thread?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

y'know i know we're not supposed to make flavor arguments

but i'm preeeeetty sure berserker is bad news?

---

like maybe it's a 3p team or something but

i'd prefer not to be smashed into goo

---

feel like people aren't giving this the attention it should get

---

maybe not scum, because berserker/ilya aren't really the big bads(if going by bifaux theory)

but they're potentially dangerous to town, maybe 3p(?)

also avenger isn't really "active" outside of one specific story so i don't even know if they are in fact in the game as a role

I think Juchero's suspicion on 50 was faked. He was trying to imply that Berserker is anti-town while ignoring the fact that the last thing a scum berserker would do is just claim it and RP it. When pressed on it he admits that probably isn't scummy but that it sounds like "an anti-town 3P".

I don't buy this as a town thought process. Hunting specifically for 3P is scum 101. ##vote Juchero

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

maybe if i ever suggested we vote for 50, this would be a good argument

but honestly i just think it's a bizarre bit of roleplay and maybe i'm letting flavor sway my intuition

this vote bugs me though

I was assuming that 50 was your strongest read since he's the person whose alignment you've primarily talked about? I will acknowledge that in the absence of that suspicion you have no scum calls and no votes outside of an early jokephase vote on Quid.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

So walk me through this...

1 in 14 people in this game is the Killer. We have the option to attempt to eliminate him in Day 1.

If we fail and land on one of the other 13 people, then we go into Day 2 having lost two town members instead of one.

If we succeed and vote out the killer Day 1 ... the game ends? Right? Before anything could happen? ... Not much of a game ...

So, that's how I'm interpreting this. I don't see how not lynching one of our own day 1 gives the scum a "free kill". Or why lynching Day 1 would be the obvious strategy in this situation.

Every kill provides town with more information to analyze. Having two people to go back analyze (lynch and NK) is way way better for our D2 odds than only having one.

Chic Trombone posted:

hello friend this is mafia not a mafia-like, there will be a team of players that are "scum" aka the bad guys, and we need to off all of them before we win

Also this. Death Note was more of an exception than a rule in terms of Mafia mechanics.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I feel pretty good about Quid, partly because it doesn't seem anyone has a town read on him, yet there's little interest in dropping votes on him.

Feels like scum holding back in the hopes that anything else pops up for them to latch onto.

I read over Quid and he sounds the same way I do when I'm town and frustrated at people taking random things I said early d1 seriously. Can you clarify what you think he's doing this game that he wouldn't do as town?

I'm treading carefully, having been burned recently by Scum Quid :eng99:

What do people think about Juchero? Am I alone in thinking his suspicion of 50 while not thinking 50 is scum is suspicious?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, I'm not a Miller PoS, I'm a flavor Miller. And with Bif's super helpful explanations am maybe not as flavor millery ad I originally thought.

If Tobbs is telling the truth (which right now I buy), that leads more credence to the idea that flavor spec is meaningless / potentially being used by scum to pass as content in lieu of hunting for scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

I don't like this post at all. You really seem to be pushing a case for someone trying to use his knowledge of flavor to make sense of 50's strange posts.

I'm not saying that I think there's no way juchero is totally cleared, but his contributions have been helpful to me at the very least. he didn't even vote for 50, only correctly recognized the threat of a 3p to everyone. it really seems like you are trying to push a case that isn't there.

My case on Juchero is "he isn't hunting for scum".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I think Bif/Quid is a slapfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also full disclosure: I'm planning on going to bed within the next half-hour or so.

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I don’t see how simply acknowledging the threat of a potential 3p without voting for them somehow translates to “not hunting for scum”

Got a 90 min drive home right now, after that I’ll be around until deadline. This weekend ended up being much busier than I anticipated.

Quote me his strongest scum read.

• Locked thread