Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cygni posted:

You have to have an NBC Sports Network subscription to watch the stuff on the app, which to me is worse because it means you are paying monthly for cable or a premium streaming platform like Sling. If they let me pay $50 a year flat for IMSA (or IndyCar), I would.

Yeah if I could pay ~50 a year to get all the IMSA races uninterrupted like the global stream, I'd be all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I mean this is still no worse than Fox but jfc

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

orange juche posted:

Yeah if I could pay ~50 a year to get all the IMSA races uninterrupted like the global stream, I'd be all over it.

You can, you just pay $30 a year to Private Internet Access

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Once again it seems if you want to watch the best coverage of American racing the solution is don't be American :v:

e: Macau Friday livestream https://livestream.com/MacauGrandPrix/MacauGP2018-Global no racing just quals for everything today and all but WTCR is live at this link

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Seems like a good solution for a lot of things.

I remember there being at least 1 good race last year at Macau in amongst the red flag pile ups.

spaceblancmange fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 16, 2018

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

I'm the conglomerate that owns 7 basic cable channels but can't find room for the sports programming they pay for.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
What's the point of the app if you can't watch an entire event on it?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Peanut President posted:

I'm the conglomerate that owns 7 basic cable channels but can't find room for the sports programming they pay for.

On top of all this, there's talk that NBC may also be in on the rights to Supercross once the deal with FOX ends.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CBJSprague24 posted:

On top of all this, there's talk that NBC may also be in on the rights to Supercross once the deal with FOX ends.

ICYMI:

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1060582852738342912

NBC already has a lot on its plate with IMSA and Indycar having priority during Supercross season. They definitely can't afford the time to carry all the supercross events live, which I hope I'm wrong about.

The first race is in two months, so there isn't much time to get a new deal. I would half expect it to wind up on CBS Sports Network for a year while they sort things out.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
F3 qualifying race at Macau has had a remarkably clean start but currently under FCY after the leader narrowly missed a dog :v:

https://twitter.com/VincentJBruins/status/1063600420302532613

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

F3 qualifying race at Macau has had a remarkably clean start but currently under FCY after the leader narrowly missed a dog :v:

https://twitter.com/VincentJBruins/status/1063600420302532613

Was the Macau GP always this batshit crazy or did it get worse in more recent years? Jesus.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQ7mZ4lGwn/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The Macau touring car race is red flagged because someone’s tire exploded and then two more people crashed following the safety car

But the current top five drivers are WON HIN POO FUN FUN so that’s something

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

The Macau touring car race is red flagged because someone’s tire exploded and then two more people crashed following the safety car

But the current top five drivers are WON HIN POO FUN FUN so that’s something

Also the 3rd place starter never made the grid after he drove out of the pits on the gridding lap and crashed heavily.

It's.... Macau.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
They just tried to restart and someone appears to have stalled on the track

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Now there's a giant oil slick covered in sand, just in time for the bikes having their warmup next

This race summed up : :downsgun:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Are you here or watching on TV?

This hairpin is the funniest racetrack feature I’ve ever seen cars try to navigate

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Watching the livestream https://livestream.com/MacauGrandPrix/MacauGP2018-Global

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Cool. I’m sitting at the Lisboa curve. Due to a fuckup that was a little mine and a little theirs I don’t have good seats for tomorrow, though.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Very jealous :arghfist:

People on twitter saying it might be raining, could make GT and WTCR interesting.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s not raining where I’m sitting but it could start later.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
GT qualifying: the medical car crashed.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Nissan fried itself on the grid too. Wow.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
First lap safety car

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pirate Radar posted:

First lap safety car

And the same for this WTCR race

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Crash in the bike race :(

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ugh.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:allbuttons:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Reading from one source that the two riders who crashed at the bike race today do not have life-threatening injuries, so that’s nice.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Reading from one source that the two riders who crashed at the bike race today do not have life-threatening injuries, so that’s nice.

Generally the best thing you can say about the Macau bike race is "no one actually died as such ", although there are conflicting stories about the guy who crashed on Thursday suffering severe head trauma.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
WEC race just went red flag, raining like crazy, #3 rebellion crashed and broke it's rear suspension

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So Hapsburg is sponsored by... a cryptocurrency?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

:nms:
twitter DOT com/VanGamerenF1/status/1064066021953363969
Good lord. I.. she loving went into the fences backwards at full speed. Oh god.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Bentai posted:

According the FIA she's conscious which is completely not what I expected to read having seen that.

quote:

A serious incident has occurred on lap 4 of the 2018 FIA F3 World Cup at Macau involving car #25 Sophia Flörsch (GER).

Following evaluation by medical staff, the driver is conscious and has subsequently been taken to hospital for further evaluation.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah. That was a bad crash but fingers crossed she and the people who were standing at that corner are alright.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bentai posted:

:gonk::gonk::gonk:

holy loving poo poo that is a terrible accident and very lucky she didn't collect anyone else on the way through or...yeah don't even want to think about it.

holy gently caress :psyduck:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Holy shitfucking christ, that's a loving superspeedway-level crash, she went into that structure head first :gonk:

How the gently caress is she alive jfc

If nothing else this is a pretty loving strong argument for the Halo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Motorsport has some extremely positive news: https://www.motorsport.com/f3/news/floersch-spinal-fracture-macau-injury-report/3216291/

Spinal fracture is obviously not good but they don't make it sound as serious as it could be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The more worrying thing is what apparently caused it.

quote:

Ferrari junior Guan Yu Zhou, who was following Floersch at the time of the accident, explained that it was due to yellow caution lights flashing on the straight.

“First of all it was such a scary moment,” said the Prema Powerteam driver, who was making his way through the pack after a crash in the qualification race and an engine change relegated him to 28th and last on the grid. “Coming after Mandarin [the preceding right-hand kink], I saw the yellow, but I think it was just a mistake by the organisers’ station. Sophia was really close to Jehan, so when Jehan braked early she had no time to react. She hit Jehan’s right-rear, and that spun her around straight into Lisboa, and she flew into the other car. I just hope she’s OK.”

The incident was investigated by the stewards, who ruled that "no individual drive was wholly or predominantly responsible for the collision".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Holy shitfucking christ, that's a loving superspeedway-level crash, she went into that structure head first :gonk:

How the gently caress is she alive jfc

If nothing else this is a pretty loving strong argument for the Halo
The current car doesn't have a halo so it's clearly not required...