Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

1500quidporsche posted:

Me and Wicka are in alignment on this which means you're definitely wrong.

Or it is the case you are both horribly bad posters and therefore any opinion from you two jerks can be politely ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just remembered about this race and just saw the highlights on 7 Mate.

Some good quality smashes there

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

One good thing about the red flag: Whingecup didn't win

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

And the fallout continues:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/06/drivers-call-improved-safety-mt-panorama/

Basically the drivers want better safety across the top but CAMS have said that everything is fine and no-one did anything wrong in the poo poo show crash. Both drivers thankful they where in Euro left hand drive cars. I saw both of the strakka AMG's heading toward Sydney this afternoon just on a normal semi rather than a semi or anything else. Seems odd that they wouldn't bother putting them on a special transport truck for their ride back to the port or airport to head back home.

Holy poo poo how many ads is that website clocking up? My ad blocker hit 273 then gave up rendering the site.

That was a pretty crappy decision from CAMS

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/why-mustang-supercar-will-race-with-v8-power/

Ford are going to finally drop the Falcon from the Australian Supercars and adopt the Mustang from 2019 on. They will be sticking with the 5lt V8.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I forgot that the Sandown 500 was on yesterday.

Good thing I didn't watch it.

888 1-2-3

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:rip: Bob Jane, Australian touring car driver, winner of a number of ATCC titles as well as the owner of Calder Raceway, which hosted the Australian Grand Prix from 1980 to 84 as well as NASCAR at the Thunderdome (may have been the first overseas track to hold NASCAR)

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/09/29/touring-car-legend-bob-jane-dies-of-cancer/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I swear as a kid it used to start earlier in the day and take far longer to finish. I still prefer the 12 hr race but that’s not on till the start of next year so I’ll have to keep an eye on tickets

It did start earlier, but with the Supercars being faster than their earlier Group A and C versions, means they can shorten the race time.

Also gently caress Jamie Whingecup.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yes! Suck it Whingecup!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rain!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nice work Lowndesy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Schlesische posted:

I also think having the Bathurst 1000 be the final event, like what the ACO is trying to pull with Le Mans the season after the SuperSeason(TM) would be a good idea.
I think making the 1000 a non points round would make teams put more effort into winning it. For example I bet DJR would've been more aggressive with getting the number 17 car to win than just sit back and save the car because of the championship points.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wait, are those the real names for those corners? Looks like someone has been scanning most of Rolling Stone's back catalogue

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

OhsH posted:

looks bad, op
On things that look bad - The new V8Supercars version of the Mustang has been shown:

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/new-mustang-supercar-breaks-cover/

It looks loving awful as it has to fit the proportions regulated for the floorpan and cage, giving it a shorter nose, longer boot and higher roof

:barf:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

orange juche posted:

We can all agree that it is ugly as gently caress and Supercars should probably just be executed at this point.

Yep, it makes me pine for the Group A days. I think from next year it's only going to be Ford vs. Holden again, so yawn.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drgitlin posted:

Can we just get rid of Australia?

:mad:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

an oddly awful oud posted:

Actually I take that back, Roger Smith had one good idea (Saturn) whereas Ghosn had no good ideas other than to illicitly funnel two companies' worth of motorsports budgets into his own wealth portfolio

Ghosn saved both Renault and Nissan from collapsing, all Smith did was to continue GM's downward trajectory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

jacteh posted:

Hey so how about Penske winning the supercars championship.

Thank gently caress it wasn't SVG or Whingecup