Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«29 »
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

A Little Known FACT: Burger King's Bacon King is superior to the Baconator.

mischief posted:

Whoops.

NASCAR mentioned last week that they were going to crack the whip on some of the rear window shenanigans...

Oh, how will Harvick manage to get to the front in just 600 miles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

From a pure racing standpoint it used to be cool because once nighttime hit someone would check out but now it's Martin Truex leading 500 miles with everyone .5 sec behind

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

get into shit let it out like diarrhea
got burnt once that was only gonorrhea

I'm at the street stocks at concord speedway and it's hilarious because nobody knows what to do on a trioval

Cookie cutter track = bad

Itty bitty baby cookie cutter track = awesome

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Fuck everything.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

From a pure racing standpoint it used to be cool because once nighttime hit someone would check out but now it's Martin Truex leading 500 miles with everyone .5 sec behind

From a technology standpoint it used to be interesting too as the extra little dribble of mileage did really make a difference in engine and drive train longevity. Now a motor 'splodin is mostly an anomaly and the 600 is just lap after lap after lap after lap of the same poo poo. I love racing and I especially enjoy going to races. I am highly unlikely to attend another Coke 600 and the race track is about an hour away from my house.

And gently caress the All Star Race while we're at it. I've been to a bunch of those and they're almost always massive race fan blue balls. I don't think that race track ever really got it's zag back after Humpy left.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

The sentimentality and nostalgia I have for attending the Coke 600 from 98-02 is all that's saving it from criticism for me at this point.

The race wasn't terribly great even then but I got so drat pumped to be there and it made up some of my favorite memories as a kid and still gives me the warm and fuzzies.

The Kimoa Kid
Jun 28, 2007

This is brand synergy.
Orange.
Heat.
Success.
Centre aligned for Ron.
An endless pit of money with no function.

Itís amazing how we have three huge races on one day and two of them are so bad.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This thing hasn't stayed green for a full five lap stretch and it's on 38 already

E: lol just had a big one in the frontstretch and the guy that was running second has completed 3 caution laps with a front wheel hanging sideways off the car, just won't admit his car exploded

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at May 26, 2018 around 01:34

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ahahaha and then he was trying to pick a fight with the race director and getting banned from the series when my buddy went to turn in his transponder A+++ WOULD PIT PASS AGAIN

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Grimey Drawer

shame on an IGA posted:

This thing hasn't stayed green for a full five lap stretch and it's on 38 already

E: lol just had a big one in the frontstretch and the guy that was running second has completed 3 caution laps with a front wheel hanging sideways off the car, just won't admit his car exploded

The funny thing is Tony Kannan did this at the Indy race in Miami in 2008. His right front was pretty much hanging on, he managed to keep the car going at pace car speed (obviously not at race pace), and kept it out as long as he could so he could avoid going more laps down than he would if he went in the pits immediately. Didn't hurt that green dropped after that accident with 3 to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Fuck everything.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Itís amazing how we have three huge races on one day and two of them are so bad.

I'll be honest, I just hope nobody gets hurt at Indy. Qualification and practice has made that car look pretty sketchy.

«29 »